suggestion : provide account names for forum reactions when hovering above them

18 hours ago, Anvar.5673 said:

I guess everyone can change, especially when there are real harassment issues and that doesn't really fit with the philosophy of the studio.

People disagreeing with you on a public forum is not harassment. Every confused face is just someone saying "I disagree". If there are enough "I disagrees" on your posts that you feel uncomfortable, maybe revirw and reevaluate your own points. You are not the target of some conspiracy witch hunt - people just don't think your ideas/reasonings are good.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Anvar.5673 said:

Everyone is different.

Getting 30 notifications in a few seconds because one guy don't like you is not very healthy too, and any form of harassment should be avoided.

Conduct an experimentation for some months would be interesting.

You can already turn off notifications. Maybe they could make it off by default, but surely this is worth the bit of effort if it bothers you?

I don't know what people are thinking but excluding the few people with a grudge, there's a strong possibility that if you are not satisfied with the reception of your posts, then you may not be posting things people want to read-- such as your conflict with whoever else is giving you these reactions. And honestly, I don't know you very well, but tell me when was the last time you said something positive or someone or something in this forum? When was the last time you helped someone? If your posts are constantly negative, then it's going to attract a lot of negative attention.

And I don't mean you can't be critical of the game or its community. But what is true that is your consistent spamming about whoever you have a beef with has tons of negative energy.

Just try reading your posts out loud. If you were a stranger, would you want to read more of that? If you think that's okay, then you do you.

Also unlike places like Reddit, there is no grand total or post hiding or min karma reqs, so it's not like those things actually mean anything.
If you truly believe there are issues, then use Forums@arena.net instead of airing this out in public.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

People disagreeing with you on a public forum is not harassment. Every confused face is just someone saying "I disagree". If there are enough "I disagrees" on your posts that you feel uncomfortable, maybe revirw and reevaluate your own points. You are not the target of some conspiracy witch hunt - people just don't think your ideas/reasonings are good.

Well it wouldn't hurt to se who disagre with us .

And we can check his name , if he posted in the "relic megathread" (for some reason , there are many low posts  accounts:P)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well it wouldn't hurt to se who disagre with us .

And we can check his name , if he posted in the "relic megathread" (for some reason , there are many low posts  accounts:P)

Imagine this is implemented. You see ten random names who gave you this scary confused emote. What do you do with it. Why do you and other guys need this knowledge so severly so. You gonna report them for using a forum feature, bother or even harras them in private message or will you just move on? If its the last thing than you are perfectly able to move on now without this doubtful feature? I can't imagine what other purpose it would serve.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Imagine this is implemented. You see ten random names who gave you this scary confused emote. What do you do with it. Why do you and other guys need this knowledge so severly so. You gonna report them for using a forum feature, bother or even harras them in private message or will you just move on? If its the last thing than you are perfectly able to move on now without this doubtful feature? I can't imagine what other purpose it would serve.

Well if the same 10 people give me dislikes and then the same people do a "like" in a person who say " well we cant have OW content because calual will explode and whine like Soo Won" , the majoriy of the forums can see them and create a verctict on their own 😛

• Like 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well if the same 10 people give me dislikes and then the same people do a "like" in a person who say " well we cant have OW content because calual will explode and whine like Soo Won" , the majoriy of the forums can see them and create a verctict on their own 😛

Ok. Great than. Let's assume that this 10 confused faces on all this random peoples, are always the same ones. All forum see that this 10 confused faces are given always by the same peoples, what does it change? It's not like emotes indicate anything even now. This are only 10 confused faces out of thousands of ppls that play this game. ANet certainly do not implement their features basing on ten peoples that are giving everyone confused emotes, which you of all ppls should already know based on the OW lege armor. So the question is, why is it so important to know this ten ppls names than?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

See, I literally have no idea about what you are comparing here.

You are comparing 10 random people not liking your post to supporting a post about not having content like Su-won because people will complain. I don't see the connection here and I really doubt most people would.

Who would even keep track of stuff like that on random people? I don't even keep track of my own posts past like a week.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Ok. Great than. Let's assume that this 10 confused faces on all this random peoples, are always the same ones. All forum see that this 10 confused faces are given always by the same peoples, what does it change? It's not like emotes indicate anything even now. This are only 10 confused faces out of thousands of ppls that play this game. ANet certainly do not implement their features basing on ten peoples that are giving everyone confused emotes, which you of all ppls should already know based on the OW lege armor. So the question is, why is it so important to know this ten ppls names than?

Its exclty the same , like 10-20 people where flocking the forums and where telling us that we dont need OW legendary or easier Turtle , or more "fun Skyscale aquisition" . 

The rest of the population can make a jugdement of the whole situation .

The "blaming game" towards the company (its Arenanet fault for people not liking instance content for exxample) should stop and accountibility will start be enforced

• Like 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

Its exclty the same , like 10-20 people where flocking the forums and where telling us that we dont need OW legendary or easier Turtle , or more "fun Skyscale aquisition" . 

The rest of the population can make a jugdement of the whole situation 😛

This is not answering my question. Skyscale, Turtle, Armor all is being implemented despite getting confused emotes from (as you presume) the same peoples. So great, ANet do not make decisions basing on that few confused emotes. 

So asking the same question again. Why is it so important to know this ten peoples names?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

This is not answering my question. Skyscale, Turtle, Armor all is being implemented despite getting confused emotes from (as you presume) the same peoples. So great, ANet do not make decisions basing on that few confused emotes. 

So asking the same question again. Why is it so important to know this ten peoples names?

Well like i said , its to know each other more .

There wasn't anything bad happened to people spamming for 8 years , that the casuals shouldnt have an OW legendary right ?

What will happen ? The company will show those people that they are powerless , if people spamm "no raids-dead game" in twitch or go in the steam forums for the "relic" . Will they pretend to side with "monsters"?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Well like i said , its to know each other more .

This isn't an argument for adding such thing.

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

There wasn't anything bad happened to people spamming for 8 years , that the casuals shouldnt have an OW legendary right ?

So you want peoples to see the names of the peoples using confused faces, becouse you want to see them punished or hurt for using them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

This isn't an argument for adding such thing.

So you want peoples to see the names of the peoples using confused faces, becouse you want to see them punished or hurt for using them?

Wait , people who spammed "now OW lege" , got hurt in aany way ?

Will people harash instead the "emoji guys"?

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

The "blaming game" towards the company (its Arenanet fault for people not liking instance content for exxample) should stop and accountibility will start be enforced

How? If some people are using the emojis that are provided, then what accountability is there that needs enforcing?

• Like 2

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Wait , people who spammed "now OW lege" , got hurt in aany way ?

Forget the Armor. The question was why do you want to see the names of the "Confused Peoples"?

You answered...

8 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

There wasn't anything bad happened to people spamming for 8 years , 

So becouse some peoples were spamming Confused Emotes for 8 years, you want something bad happen to them, and you think this bad will happen to them if community will be able to see their names?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Forget the Armor. The question was why do you want to see the names of the "Confused Peoples"?

You answered...

So becouse some peoples were spamming Confused Emotes for 8 years, you want something bad happen to them, and you think this bad will happen to them if community will be able to see their names?

Nothing wrong will happen to them . So it wont hurt to show them

Good night

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Nothing wrong will happen to them . So it wont hurt to show them

But you want something to happen to them right? 

18 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

There wasn't anything bad happened to people spamming for 8 years 

This is why you want this implemented? To see something bad happen to them?

If this is not the reason after all than maybe you will finally give me one? Why do you want to know the names of this ten peoples. Mind that I ask you this question for the fourth time, and you still didn't gave me any consistent answer, other than blurry remark that you want them punished/ something bad happen to them.

Why do you want to know the names of this peoples? Why do you want the whole community to know them?

• Like 1

One down, anyone else who will finally tell me why this assumed ten peoples spamming confused emotes should have their names revailed, why should anyone? 

It's already settled that Arena Net do not make their decisions based on this few confused faces (surprising right? Xd )

And quoting the Healers argument...

34 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

So yeah, wanting something "bad" to happen to the theorytical peoples spamming confused emotes as a punishment is not a great argument eighter imo.

Why than?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think what they're trying to say is that 10 people with obviously bad opinions (why else wouldn't they like my post?) will also give bad opinions on another post. So maybe you could connect the dots and decide that these 10 people have bad opinions on other people's opinions. So then you could form an opinion on their opinion about opinions.

Which would be utterly pointless, so I guess the only argument is that it might be neutral "Nothing wrong will happen to them". Except that's never a reason to do anything, because it would waste resources and people's time.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I think what they're trying to say is that 10 people with obviously bad opinions (why else wouldn't they like my post?) will also give bad opinions on another post. So maybe you could connect the dots and decide that these 10 people have bad opinions on other people's opinions. So then you could form an opinion on their opinion about opinions.

Which would be utterly pointless, so I guess the only argument is that it might be neutral "Nothing wrong will happen to them". Except that's never a reason to do anything, because it would waste resources and people's time.

No argument there. I guess it's kinda rethorical question from me, becouse I already know the answer. Numerous peoples here from both sides in numerous topics on emotes are stating that emotes hold no power on both ArenaNet and community. So knowing if this is all the same ppls putting confused smiles won't change a thing. Punishing peoples for using confused emote repeatidlily is bad eighter. And if someone think that peoples will stop using this emote only becouse his name will be visible on it than he is wrong too, as I already don't have issue to tell who and when I gave this emote, and I think I even said it in this exact topic before.

And if there is no reason to add something, than this shouldn't be added. Coz u know, you can use this time on something that actually matters.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I just want to use some data for my studies .

For example we have numerous accounts that have low-post-count that we never heard  , but got angry with the "relic change" .

Wouldn't we want to see which threads they upvote/downvote in the future ? Maybe they will be pro/against a more good-looking-lege-ow-set , or mounts locked behind instances  ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Biziut.3594 said:

No argument there. I guess it's kinda rethorical question from me, becouse I already know the answer. Numerous peoples here from both sides in numerous topics on emotes are stating that emotes hold no power on both ArenaNet and community. So knowing if this is all the same ppls putting confused smiles won't change a thing. Punishing peoples for using confused emote repeatidlily is bad eighter. And if someone think that peoples will stop using this emote only becouse his name will be visible on it than he is wrong too, as I already don't have issue to tell who and when I gave this emote, and I think I even said it in this exact topic before.

Yea. It's not a crime to be confused. Being confused is not good, so one could argue something bad already happened to them.

And yea, even if people were using emojis maliciously 😆, drawing extra attention to it doesn't exactly mitigate the problem.

4 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

And if there is no reason to add something, than this shouldn't be added. Coz u know, you can use this time on something that actually matters.

Basically. I've always hated the "What's the worst that could happen" reasoning. Because in that case, the argument to do nothing is just as valid and removes any chances of unexpected bad surprises.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea. It's not a crime to be confused. Being confused is not good, so one could argue something bad already happened to them.

And yea, even if people were using emojis maliciously 😆, drawing extra attention to it doesn't exactly mitigate the problem.

Basically. I've always hated the "What's the worst that could happen" reasoning. Because in that case, the argument to do nothing is just as valid and removes any chances of unexpected bad surprises.

Yea , its not a crime , not showing/hiding  his name also . Its not his real name

Just you and Biz in the other thread , you are promoting for a better lfg , where blacklisted people cannot join your group , or getting kicked more easier.

I didnt go there to question you "what could go wrong" (like blacklisting low dps players) . Everyones has a a different idea for whats best for the game

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Just you and Biz in the other thread , you are promoting for a better lfg , where blacklisted people cannot join your group , or getting kicked more easier.

I didnt go there to question you "what could go wrong" (like blacklisting low dps players) . Everyones has a a different idea for whats best for the game

You're free to question anything I say. I'd just answer with:

Well I feel like benefits of improving a system that many people use every day in-game is significantly more tangible than information than knowing about who generates a highly subjective emoji on the forums, simply on the virtue of far more people interacting with the social features in-game then in the forums.

You're free to list why it'd be a bad thing, of course.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Except people coming to some conclusions about what people are saying based on analyzing emotes is a worthless exercise to begin with. 

In otherwords, if emotes is part of someone's approach to their own position on a topic, then their view has little value to being with. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4