Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Fashion Wars! Guild Wars 1 Armor Skins


Recommended Posts

I would pay big $$$ to have more of these added into the game as gem store items or earnable rewards. 

Just sayin' 😄

I can appreciate what they're trying to do with the new art direction we've seen in some of the later releases, even though it's really not my cup of tea. I really love and miss the old armor styles we used to get with GW1 and even back in core GW2 days. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

Female Necromancer Elite Cabal! Male Ritualist Ancient Armor! Female Assassin Canthan Armor! Female Mesmer Shing Jea Armor!

"Bring it back!" ~ Robert Anthony Plant

It would be GW1 nostalgia, yes . . . but also NEW THINGS for GW2! Everybody wins! Huzzah!

Yes now imagine these on charr and asura please.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

"Cultural Armor."

Ah so everyone get same nr of skins on each race, yea expect that to happen in 2030 then bud.

Every expansion so far have given more to humans then any other race, maybe time to spread the love abit more?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Ah so everyone get same nr of skins on each race, yea expect that to happen in 2030 then bud.

Every expansion so far have given more to humans then any other race, maybe time to spread the love abit more?

Oh, I agree! Spread that armor amor! I'm sure an enterprising, industrious, and above all else, innovative dev team could find a way to make more armors (and hairdos, and facial hair, and various other cosmetic stuff) for everybody. Plus, I don't see why we couldn't have some cultural crossovers. Appreciation, not appropriation! Just think how awesome an asura would look in that cool Ritualist mummy armor. Just think!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes now imagine these on charr and asura please.

The limitation of having all armor except culturals be always available for all races was one of the greatest limiters on armor system. Notice, that it was exactly that expectation that killed on arrival their original idea of having all npc armor available for players. The armor system and game *was* designed for that (NPCs were made from the beginning to use the same armor system as players do), but it was never actually enabled due to npc looks usually being made for specific race (and gender) only.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The limitation of having all armor except culturals be always available for all races was one of the greatest limiters on armor system. Notice, that it was exactly that expectation that killed on arrival their original idea of having all npc armor available for players. The armor system and game *was* designed for that (NPCs were made from the beginning to use the same armor system as players do), but it was never actually enabled due to npc looks usually being made for specific race (and gender) only.

I agree with you. If it exists, it shouldn't be a huge lift to just release it! More things are always welcome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be a nice change of pace. I really miss GW1's focus on high fashion and class identity, which really set it apart from the over-the-top aesthetics of most other fantasy games. By comparison most of the armor in GW2 just seems like some 1000% extra, completely non-functional character design you'd find on DeviantArt or something. Give me more Elite Kurzick Mesmer and Elite Vabbian Ritualist and less whatever the kitten Jade Tech or Canthan Ritualist are supposed to be.

  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

It would be a nice change of pace. I really miss GW1's focus on high fashion and class identity, which really set it apart from the over-the-top aesthetics of most other fantasy games. By comparison most of the armor in GW2 just seems like some 1000% extra, completely non-functional character design you'd find on DeviantArt or something. Give me more Elite Kurzick Mesmer and Elite Vabbian Ritualist and less whatever the kitten Jade Tech or Canthan Ritualist are supposed to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...