Silent surf grappling hook

One of the side platforms at the end boss is extremely high up, and when using the grappling hook to jump to it I usually get stuck on the ledge and fall down.

Sometimes I manage to save it by using the power charge (skill 3), but I risk that sometimes this get me stuck inside the platform.

This wasn't a big issue in normal mode, as failing that mechanic is not a party wipe, but on CM it's extremely annoying.

I try to target as close as possible to the center of the platform, but it looks like my character randomly gets higher or not at all.

Is there anything I can do to improve the success rate of this?

Otherwise, Anet plz fix. It's something extremely punishing (party wipe) if it's all up to your luck, it's unfair. Or find an alternative (maybe lower down those platforms?

Edited by blackoil.2673
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/18/2023 at 8:09 PM, blackoil.2673 said:

One of the side platforms at the end boss is extremely high up, and when using the grappling hook to jump to it I usually get stuck on the ledge and fall down.

Glad someone posted this before I had the chance.

Yes, it stinks when the CM encounter fails just because you either bump into the ledge of the platform or (fun fact) land on the bouncing mushroom and get catapulted back, even when your target was set precisely and far away from the mushroom.

UPDATE:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
This is for CM, not NM.
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Apparently aiming as far as possible on the platform makes landing on it more consistent.

While on the topic of whack interactions on the fight, if Kanaxai copies regeneration before he goes invulnerable while channeling World Cleaver and he regenerates 1%, after you deal with the adds and deal 1% damage to him he will channel the attack again. When we had that happen, everyone could see all the outer Aspects despite only being able to damage their own, you can realistically only find yours marked on the mini-map.

This fight is genuinely not fun, I expect everyone to stop running it after they get their achievements or skin.

• Like 5

After doing it for four days straight (yes, got time 😄), I finally found a PUG that didn't die to mechanics, and we successfully completed the Title run. 🥰

I have to say, while the middle island is a nightmare at first, once you know how to "beat" this annoying foe, it becomes super easy. 😃 Just walk to the very edge of the central platform and set your grappling hook's target way behind the Aspect (the farther, the better) - this ensures a safe landing. 👍

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 4

Some tips for the grappler, that worked for me during Kanaxai's fight :

- set your camera angle to : highest and furthest
- set ground targeting to : normal or fast with range indicator, lock ground target at maximum skill range
- walk to the edge of the main platform so that you get closer to the small platform you will be aiming at

- try to aim slightly at the side or at the rear of the platform (but still into the platform)
- avoid cross aiming at the mushroom
- during World Cleaver (66% and 33%), don't move too much, so you don't steal the tether from your teammates and you don't get a delayed Aspect to kill

- only 66% and 33% Aspects have to be killed fast (in CM, team will wipe to World Cleaver otherwise)
- between 100% to 66%, 66% to 33%, 33% to 0%, you can delay killing the Aspects if you need
- roman numbers (Frightening Speed) have priority over killing the Aspects during in-between phases (100-66 in CM ; 66-33 ; 33-0)
- if you kill the Aspects during roman numbers (Frightening Speed), you may land right on the last AoE/slashes from the boss (insta death in CM)

Edited by mikko.4013
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2023 at 10:37 AM, mikko.4013 said:

- set your camera angle to : highest and furthest
- set ground targeting to : normal or fast with range indicator, lock ground target at maximum skill range

Imagine designing game mechanics that are unworkable at default game settings 🤡

• Like 2