Relics Bring New Equipment to Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

1 hour ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

So again: will the relic selection box give me a relic with a similar effect as the current 6th tier bonus?

Unknown. Notice, though, that there will be significantly less relics than there are runesets now (with part of those bein completely new relics, no less). Additionally, of all the relics we've been shown there was not a single one that had its old runeset bonus retained. I.E. Thief relic bonus was nerfed, while Zephyrite was completely different from original one. As such, for every specific bonus the chance of it getting getting retained seems to be way smaller than it getting changed or completely removed.

Short version: you might get lucky. but personally i would not count on it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
El 19/8/2023 a las 9:46, Derktarlms.6213 dijo:

Ya es un PAGAR PARA GANAR en todos los modos de juego como wvw, pvp... solo espera la actualización ya que aquí no dan información.

Well here I leave an image where they force you to buy the expansion to have the best of the relics to be able to compete wvw as equals, does anyone want to destroy my idea?

https://ibb.co/9g6RKKk    https://ibb.co/yXGVYdX

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 9:51 AM, Derktarlms.6213 said:

Well here I leave an image where they force you to buy the expansion to have the best of the relics to be able to compete wvw as equals, does anyone want to destroy my idea?

https://ibb.co/9g6RKKk    https://ibb.co/yXGVYdX

I don't take anything wvw seriously even interest until wvw comes out of beta

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Some communication from Anet on the issues with relics would be encouraging.  I'd like to know if they have any intention of reintroducing relics with summoning characteristics.  The loss of Golem and Rock Dog summoning runes wrecked many of my guild members themed builds.  A significant portion of them have lost interest in the game and rarely even bother to login anymore.  If Anet has no intention of bringing these options back with relics just tell the player base so we can decide if it's worth our time to stick with this game or move on.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hell i main a untamed ranger and often use mechanist be nice to get a relic that ups both my strike damage and my pet and mechs. Kinda like the Rune of the ranger did maybe not as op but able to up our damage on both pet and mechs. That or something based on crit chance upping strike damage. Like maybe each time me or my pet crits we get a point in strike damage that acts like thief relic.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631

4 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

How do you store them? Even accountbound equals don't stack, they will flood my bank.

Other reason as soon as leggie relic comes im going to have to make it. Well aside from getting my old 7th leggie rune set bonus thing back. I am lucky atm im only using 2 characters of my 7 but all them using duplicate relics would be a pain given its character bound not account.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631
  • Like 1

Legendary relics will be introduced to Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure during one of the quarterly releases in 2024. These prestigious relics will offer the convenience of freely swapping between the various relic effects. Players who have already crafted legendary runes will be compensated with significant progress toward unlocking legendary relics. In fact, each of the seven legendary runes you create will unlock further progress toward these relics. We’ll be able to share more details when we are closer to the launch of legendary relics next year.

^^Why was this removed from the OP?

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Confused 1