Do T3 Fractals need healers?

Hi, my gf and I play Soulbeast and Firebrand respectively. I'm mostly doing Quickness Firebrand though it's more damage than anything.

Do T3 fractals need a healer? T1 and T2 were really easy for us and T3 started off being easy but the last 2 days we got kittened over constantly and had to give up on finishing the last fractal daily.

short answer: you should have one

long answer: T3 can be cleared without healer by experienced group ( even most of T4 fracs can as well) but i am talking here about really experienced cm groups that know what they are doing and destroy everything with dps. however regular groups should bring healer for T4 and T3.

T3 fracs are no longer a breeze like T1. mobs/bosses already have enough dmg and hp to pose a threat and T3 players are often not experienced yet, dont have proper team comp (quick/alac) or lack healer (so they cant heal through dmg). groups in T3 wipe often, dont know why is that happenieng ( dont have arcdps etc. ) and as a result disband.

this is main reason why T3 is considered as worst fractal tier because groups are most of the time unorganized and often fail. experienced players are in T4 so entire T3 tier group is still learning and noone can "carry" the fight.

my advice would be to bring healer and get used to typical fractal setup, so heal + dps support + 3dps    (heal-quick + dps alac    or     heal-alac + dps quick).

healer on your back will let you learn fights without constantly wiping and you will have a lot easier time when stepping into T4.

P.S get to T4 as quickly as possible.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

You'll find videos of players doing ridiculous things.  The latest fractal 100 CM was done solo within a couple of days of release.  There's even a guy years ago who used core engi to solo the first boss in nightmare CM without even getting hit!  In the spectrum of the far more reasonable, high-DPS groups that push phases so quickly that they don't need a healer are also a thing.  However, you aren't likely to find this caliber of player running T3 pickup groups as even that requires significant talent and a lot of practice.  So, yes, run a healer.  It's the easiest way to ensure success in T3/T4 and CM as you have that safety net in case anything goes wrong and you don't require every rando in your group to be a pro.

you should start creating proper group compositions at tier 3, as you always require them in the final tier.

3x pure dps with no defensive stats, preferably condi on fights with alot of enemy movement.

1x boon support (quick or alac) dps, preferably with boonstrip, also with no defensive stats. they often need to bring might and fury as well.

1x healer with the other boon (quick or alac), with aegis, reflect and stability when possible. the healer may use defensive stats.

get used to this, as these same composition is used in raids and strikes except doubled up and one of the healers might need to run without defense to avoid pulling aggro from the other healer who will be the tank running toughness.

this is the formula for all high-end instanced pve and even some open-world metas like soo-won.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

6 hours ago, Nimris.3781 said:

short answer: you should have one

This poster said everything you really need to know

The only thing i have to add is that once the level of the fractal is passed 70 the difficulty is much closer to T4 than the rest of T3, there may even be mechanics that didn't do a lot of damage before that now do a lot of damage.

Also as a tip, if you can afford the 5 doses of fractal mist potions (or get them from recs) you should use them to give yourselves more survivability at this point. The offensive one will help deal more damage too.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies.

We decided to do fractals again today and yesterday and they were a breeze but it was clearly because our damage was way higher. Fractals that we struggled with in other groups were instantly taken down lol.

Usually my gf top parses according to arcdps but in the groups we had recently she shares this spot with someone else so clearly we had a better group damage wise haha. I even made sure to check and ask if anyone was healing and pretty much everyone was in full DPS gear lol.

I will look into setting up a healbrand potentially although my partner wanted to try a druid setup. I think I'd prefer her on DPS tho lolol. Just not looking forward to having to grind more gear for healing since I've just got a full set of ascended dps stuff going but oh well. Is there an easier way to get a serviceable healing setup ready quickly other than like legendary armour or something?

1 hour ago, Brenticus.8357 said:

We decided to do fractals again today and yesterday and they were a breeze but it was clearly because our damage was way higher. Fractals that we struggled with in other groups were instantly taken down lol.

Usually my gf top parses according to arcdps but in the groups we had recently she shares this spot with someone else so clearly we had a better group damage wise haha. I even made sure to check and ask if anyone was healing and pretty much everyone was in full DPS gear lol.

I will look into setting up a healbrand potentially although my partner wanted to try a druid setup. I think I'd prefer her on DPS tho lolol. Just not looking forward to having to grind more gear for healing since I've just got a full set of ascended dps stuff going but oh well. Is there an easier way to get a serviceable healing setup ready quickly other than like legendary armour or something?

When you decide on your healer, make sure to consider the boons that you will generate as well. Healbrand gives, in addition to "the usual" boons, quickness, hence it's called a quickheal. Other healers, like mechanist, gives alacrity so that kind is called alacheal. This affects what boondps person you want - alacdps or quickdps.

As a sidenote, most groups I see in the t4 lfg still seems to prefer hfb over others but that may change over time.

5 hours ago, Brenticus.8357 said:

Just not looking forward to having to grind more gear for healing since I've just got a full set of ascended dps stuff going but oh well. Is there an easier way to get a serviceable healing setup ready quickly other than like legendary armour or something?

If you have not done it already, you can play daily strikes (fast 5 from IBS + daily EoD one), and your crystal currencies will stack fast.
Then, buy ascended chest of gears at crystal vendors, and you are done with your healer setup.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 12:21 AM, Brenticus.8357 said:

when playing together one should be a dps boon and the other a heal boon (e.g quickdps + alacheal), this way you only need dps pugs, and you can easily duo any content in the game on such a setup as well (even alot of group content) albeit a bit slowly but safely.

you can also both go celestial hybrid damage and heal with opposing boons, and alternate your dps and burst healing.

i'm not sure what you mean about grinding gear, since trinkets already give you 90ar with +9 infusions and you only need 105 for t3 fractals, and ascended trinkets are extremely easy to get with laurels or from living world. the rest can be filled in with exotics from verdant brink or just bought off the trading post, so maximum gearing time is like, a day or two at most. there's only a true grind if you're going for 150ar.

it takes far longer to grind the gold to buy an equipment template for it all.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

My experience is the easiest way to carry a t3 party is being a healer. Alot of people in t3 or lower are running solo builds because it's difficult to get a properly comp'd group in those tiers except maybe t1. So being healer usually does 2 things:

1) Adds consistent boons to a party, increasing throughput

2) increases survivability of a party, regardless of build.

Being a firebrand, you have access to ashes of the just which you can use to increase the burst damage of any condi in your group.

On 7/30/2023 at 3:00 PM, Brenticus.8357 said:

Hi, my gf and I play Soulbeast and Firebrand respectively. I'm mostly doing Quickness Firebrand though it's more damage than anything.

Do T3 fractals need a healer? T1 and T2 were really easy for us and T3 started off being easy but the last 2 days we got kittened over constantly and had to give up on finishing the last fractal daily.

you can run all fractals and cms without healer. but it depends on ppl which you gona play with 😃

for casual runs of t3/t4 you shoud grab yourself a alacheal and enjoy the smooth ride.