Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

2 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Im very curious if there will be incentive to do more than 3 daily quests or if they are going to try to make sure people don't burn themselves out by restricting it to having a hard cap on the amount of quests you can do per day. As it stands I kind of do the bare minimum, so if they change that I don't know how I'll feel about it. Maybe it'll add an extra 10-15 mins to my day.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_Owl_Griffon_Skin and https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-rewards-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

I will be grinding because gem store stuff will be rotated in there

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Exactly.

In my experience when a company knows that their new system, product, whatever is all positives, something they are 100% proud of and know will receive overwhelmingly positive response, they dont hide behind vague PR releases until after they have the customer's money. Rather they trumpet it to no end showing off, in detail, how amazing their new thing is.

The only problem with that is what we've seen in the past with expansions and foreknowledge of material changes. If Anet shared everything and it looked like MCs would become cheap, people would sell before the expansion hit (one example, we've seen other materials spike before expansions). So there is something to be said for not unveiling everything. Not that I like being kept in the dark.

I said it before, knowing nothing would've been better than this teaser.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, DeanBB.4268 said:

The only problem with that is what we've seen in the past with expansions and foreknowledge of material changes. If Anet shared everything and it looked like MCs would become cheap, people would sell before the expansion hit (one example, we've seen other materials spike before expansions). So there is something to be said for not unveiling everything. Not that I like being kept in the dark.

I said it before, knowing nothing would've been better than this teaser.

You can already see the impact on the TP for MCs and they haven't said anything, and the reaction has been panic over conjecture that the passive farm accounts will be pumping less into the economy, resulting in a small spike in price. Whether it's actually going to be easier or harder to get MC would have a very direct impact on the TP so it makes sense from that standpoint to be a bit more tight lipped about it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

I'll be trying to max out mine too but I'm curious how it will compare with the current system for example. Today you log in, get your free reward, do your 3 daily things with the option to do more but not the need to. I'm curious if doing 3 gets you your "daily cap" (presumably it will be the same requirement for the achievement points), or if after you are done that you have a list of more that can just be done for more AA.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The math to figure out how much they "rebalanced" the daily login reward is actually pretty simple.

Previously; logging in each day you'd net roughly 2g a day over 28 days (20 MC & 55 laurel) ; and then the 3 dailies you'd net roughly another 2g.
So it was split 1:1. 

Now, even being very very generous, and saying you only get 2 dailies (20 AA) plus the login reward (5 AA):
I's split 1:4.

So at a MINIMUM the daily login reward was nerfed to 1/4 of whatever the new buying power we'll have with the new currency.
And that's being very generous and not counting probably the 3rd daily along with weekly and monthly objectives.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

isnt it funny how we get worked up over a game economy lol.i know i do and its kinda silly, as long as gw2 dont go full on lootbox , p2w ill still play 

I may do some WvW, will definitely not be buying gems/ultimate editions anymore. Will buy SotO only in basic version and only if content is REALLY good, otherwise I see changes as a spit in the face of players. Definitely not gonna be invested in GW2 as much at this point and will look at other games.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

isnt it funny how we get worked up over a game economy lol.i know i do and its kinda silly, as long as gw2 dont go full on lootbox , p2w ill still play 

There was a time where I simply just played the game lol. Now I play the forums. It's oddly the one change to the game that feels like an improvement (to me, clearly not to everyone) since it gives a bit more direction when you aren't sure what you want to do, and ironically it isn't even tied to the expansion. If it was tied to the expansion only, I'd be out so fast, since based on how I feel they have been treating the game I don't want to get the expansion until I see some changes. And I'm hopeful that it might be around the time or shortly after new weapons / weaponmaster has been acclimatized to, but I'm not holding out a lot of  hope. These days it's a few mins for my daily stuff. So yea, something I was doing anyways with more incentive and different rewards (no more repair canisters for me!) are something that has sparked a renewed interest.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sjentra.3409 said:

The math to figure out how much they "rebalanced" the daily login reward is actually pretty simple.

Previously; logging in each day you'd net roughly 2g a day over 28 days (20 MC & 55 laurel) ; and then the 3 dailies you'd net roughly another 2g.

Now, even being very very generous, and saying you only get 2 dailies (20 AA) plus the login reward (5 AA):

So at a MINIMUM the daily login reward was nerfed to 1/4 of whatever the new buying power we'll have with the new currency.
And that's being very generous and not counting probably the 3rd daily along with weekly and monthly objectives.

Still need to point out, your estimations are pure speculation and not based on anything we know about it other than we do know it won't be 1:1. Losing the 2 gold a day will be felt for sure, but maybe the value of things I can pick and choose for myself are move valuable than that 2 gold would have been anyways.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sjentra.3409 said:

I'm pretty sure nerf will be enough so ppl will not bother to login to alt accounts.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

I may do some WvW, will definitely not be buying gems/ultimate editions anymore. Will buy SotO only in basic version and only if content is REALLY good, otherwise I see changes as a spit in the face of players. Definitely not gonna be invested in GW2 as much at this point and will look at other games.

Always vote with your heart... and your wallet. Refunding an ultimate edition is the most clear way to get your voice heard than anything said in these forums to be honest. As for me IF I get it, it will be down the line when it's either all or mostly actually released, and even then probably on sale. The poll about pre-ordering or not (which honestly, as far as any poll does doesn't accurately reflect the position of all players because we won't have everyone come to the forums or even participate in it) shows something you probably don't ever want to see: a 50/50 split on new content. They've found a weird way to alienate a lot of different players across several different reasons. Whether I agree with passive farming or not, Anet isn't going to listen to what I have to say about it, but they will notice lost revenue.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Still need to point out, your estimations are pure speculation and not based on anything we know about it other than we do know it won't be 1:1. Losing the 2 gold a day will be felt for sure, but maybe the value of things I can pick and choose for myself are move valuable than that 2 gold would have been anyways.

With a very lowball estimate of 175 AA a week (25x7), do you honestly thing they'll make 5AA worth 2g?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sjentra.3409 said:

With a very lowball estimate of 175 AA a week (25x7), do you honestly thing they'll make 5AA worth 2g?

Oh, oh heavens no. Not at all. I think the 5AA login bonus was just so that people who had multiple login accounts couldn't get refunds because they would still be getting "something".

I don't even know if doing all your daily quests will net you 2 gold, because even if it gives you enough to buy your 2 gold you probably won't just so you can get other things that are out of reach.

Edited by Acheron.1580
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Oh, oh heavens no. Not at all. I think the 5AA login bonus was just so that people who had multiple login accounts couldn't get refunds because they would still be getting "something".

Agreed; my guess is non US customers might have recourse if their accounts suddenly became useless.

Just now, Sjentra.3409 said:

Agreed; my guess is non US customers might have recourse if their accounts suddenly became useless.

Unfortunately buyer beware, right? They are still getting a log in bonus, whatever that would translate to at the end of 28 days (probably not the 60/account that is estimated now), so aside from you still getting something, and the use of an account is typically to play the game, I think they have a way out of being sued or forced to reimburse anyone.

• Sad 1

Just now, Acheron.1580 said:

Unfortunately buyer beware, right? They are still getting a log in bonus, whatever that would translate to at the end of 28 days (probably not the 60/account that is estimated now), so aside from you still getting something, and the use of an account is typically to play the game, I think they have a way out of being sued or forced to reimburse anyone.

I'm pretty sure even starting lawsuit will not worth the money spent on alt accounts (unless somebody has 100s). You just consider accounts cost as a loss and don't give more money to Anet anymore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Always vote with your heart... and your wallet. Refunding an ultimate edition is the most clear way to get your voice heard than anything said in these forums to be honest. As for me IF I get it, it will be down the line when it's either all or mostly actually released, and even then probably on sale. The poll about pre-ordering or not (which honestly, as far as any poll does doesn't accurately reflect the position of all players because we won't have everyone come to the forums or even participate in it) shows something you probably don't ever want to see: a 50/50 split on new content. They've found a weird way to alienate a lot of different players across several different reasons. Whether I agree with passive farming or not, Anet isn't going to listen to what I have to say about it, but they will notice lost revenue.

Yeah. Refund approved and is on the way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The only silver lining is since I main necro; I never preordered because the nerfs came out the same day as the announcement. And funny enough I was actually planning on buying the ultimate edition this week since it seemed like they were finally starting to get back to the roots of being casual friendly. 

But as it stands now; I don't know if I'll even purchase the standard edition after release.

• Like 4