Seige Turtle and Kaineng Overlook Strike Mission

Hello,

The  main I'm playing is a Soulbeast,   with Zojjas Ascended (Power, Precision and Ferocity).    My build is Wildernes 1,3,2 ;   Nature Magic 1,1,2, ; and Soulbeast 1,2,2.    I've equiped Kudzu (bow) and a regular Great Sword.   Sorry don't know how to make a build and link it on https://metabattle.com/metabattle yet.

My DPS is probably not the greatest,   compared to many of the builds out there.   I'm  having an impossible time  Finding a Strike Mission team for the "Kaineng Overlook" which is the current daily.       I tried this a long time ago on my Firebrand in a group and the group wiped so I understand wanting Experienced  only.   I waited for "Kaineng Overlook" to be the daily thinking I would find a group.   NO Luck.

I just want to be able to experience and enjoy aspects of the game like the Siege Turtle without the stress and strain  of  this elitist  play.    This elitist or NO fill blank _______.    This time the blank is "Siege Turtle".  

I don't want to do Fractals but I can't finish many things without fractals
So I simple have to let go of collections I can't complete " Koutalophile" for one,  and the Central Tyria Mastery points I need to complete Scholar of Secrets.

I would like to thank the commanders and their support teams that have allowed me complete some of the other requirements for the Siege Turtle.     I plan on participating in those to help others even though I no longer need them because they can be fun and I'm grateful for the people who came together to complete the events.

Just don't know how to obtain the last item I need  "Thruster Control Unit"  without being able to complete Kaineng Overlook?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You no longer need the strike mission. It can be bought in Gyala Delves - this was changed a few weeks ago (the tooltip may not have been updated though, I'm not sure). You will require a large number of reserach notes though, but I'm sure that wont be an issue over doing the strike

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thruster_Control_Unit

Edited by Randulf.7614
added link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I understand the frustration. It is two parts perseverance and one part luck. Friends are a good alternative if you have them. Basically, don't give up. The time of the day may also matter. I personally found it is easier to find fractal groups than strike groups at odd hours. I believe strikes are more popular at reset, but I am sure somebody else may give you a more accurate estimate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Portia.2975 said:

Hello,

The  main I'm playing is a Soulbeast,   with Zojjas Ascended (Power, Precision and Ferocity).    My build is Wildernes 1,3,2 ;   Nature Magic 1,1,2, ; and Soulbeast 1,2,2.    I've equiped Kudzu (bow) and a regular Great Sword.   Sorry don't know how to make a build and link it on https://metabattle.com/metabattle yet.

My DPS is probably not the greatest,   compared to many of the builds out there.   I'm  having an impossible time  Finding a Strike Mission team for the "Kaineng Overlook" which is the current daily.       I tried this a long time ago on my Firebrand in a group and the group wiped so I understand wanting Experienced  only.   I waited for "Kaineng Overlook" to be the daily thinking I would find a group.   NO Luck.

I just want to be able to experience and enjoy aspects of the game like the Siege Turtle without the stress and strain  of  this elitist  play.    This elitist or NO fill blank _______.    This time the blank is "Siege Turtle".  

I don't want to do Fractals but I can't finish many things without fractals
So I simple have to let go of collections I can't complete " Koutalophile" for one,  and the Central Tyria Mastery points I need to complete Scholar of Secrets.

I would like to thank the commanders and their support teams that have allowed me complete some of the other requirements for the Siege Turtle.     I plan on participating in those to help others even though I no longer need them because they can be fun and I'm grateful for the people who came together to complete the events.

Just don't know how to obtain the last item I need  "Thruster Control Unit"  without being able to complete Kaineng Overlook?

first of all, before i say this i'm not critisising you, only trying to explain why this happens.

your gear is good but your traits are an issue. in group content like strike missions you don't want to take any defenses because you have dedicated healers keeping you alive, so you need only swap your build while performing with a group. if you take defensive gear, runes, traits or skills in a group you're basically wasting points since you will be healed up to full health almost constantly.

healers are currently putting out over 10k of health and barrier each second, 33% damage reduction and so on, so you don't need to bring anything for yourself except maybe some stability so you don't get knocked around as much.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

I did the same. I saw a group started by someone else who wanted to get their turtle + a person willing to teach and support the group. I was one of several who joined because we also wanted to get the turtle. We wiped once, but respawned and did it again and on the second attempt we succeeded.

I'd previously attempted it with a "training" group that was supposed to be teaching people how to do the strikes and although the 'turtle unlock' group was slower to clear each phase of the fight we actually finished it faster overall because the training group kept on wiping then having discussions about builds then going in and trying to rush it again. I eventually ran out of time and had to leave before they cleared it. I suppose the build discussions were informative for the few professions they wanted to talk about (I got no comments on my soulbeast, they were mainly concerned with guardians and engineers) but IMO the main problem was people taking too many risks trying to prioritise damage over everything else so they kept taking too much damage and then no one wanted to revive them because it would reduce their own damage. The training group was more cautious and anyone nearby would drop what they were doing to help anyone who was downed, so we were slower to kill each enemy, but overall it meant fewer wipes and we got through to the final round sooner.