Is Fear me used in World versus World?

prototypedragon.1406

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Some use it in RBL to fear people off of the cliffs.

With the cooldown it may as well be a elite shout 😂 or let us steal enemy players stability directly and give it to ourselves by using it . At least then it is technically not a boon removal but a boon borrower as we startle our foes with our fearful screech  as we become the obi wan kunobi with the higher stable ground 🤔

i think most of the time making your enemies move away from you as a warrior isn't a good idea. alot of warrior's aresenal consists of ways to get closer to the enemy, so this skill is quite anti-productive in realistic combat situations where the warrior is struggling to get close.

it might have limited use in zerg busting or in edge of the mists, but that's about it.

you obviously use it in pvp to move them off the point and immobilise them there so they can't run back in, but given the nature of conquest i don't think you see that kind of scenario very often in wvw, outside of maybe the lord's room capture ring.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

3 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think most of the time making your enemies move away from you as a warrior isn't a good idea. alot of warrior's aresenal consists of ways to get closer to the enemy, so this skill is quite anti-productive in realistic combat situations where the warrior is struggling to get close.

it might have limited use in zerg busting or in edge of the mists, but that's about it.

you obviously use it in pvp to move them off the point and immobilise them there so they can't run back in, but given the nature of conquest i don't think you see that kind of scenario very often in wvw, outside of maybe the lord's room capture ring.

You can use it as an AoE single stab stack strip before Earthshaker lands, or vice versa, but only if they have 1 stack of stab. Otherwise, it is useful for fearing someone trying to stomp a teammate with no stab, like they have blind or projectile denile up but no stability to try to secure the stomp. With some teamwork though you could fear them back across a teammate's AoEs/traps.

Fear me is very niche and upstaged by most of warrior’s other utilities. It’s problem is that it is one dimensional and doesn’t synchronize well with warrior’s other tools. Taking it is a downgrade. 

Now if it were given boon corrupt (say it corrupts three specific boons instead of generalized corrupt, like protection, might, and stability) on top of the fear, had its charge removed and CD adjusted to 30, it would be a pretty solid elite skill I think.

tbh fearme would be fine if it's is like the 5th skill on a third skill set like other classes have.

due to how incredibly limited the number of skills Warrior has, simply can't afford to have a such long cooldown skill to combo with.

why would you take it when you can take a lesser CC and have similar use but more frequently, which would essentially be more effective?

i'm sure it would be a busted skill IF it is on an f3 or even a kit utility.

anet has been lowering warrior cooldown again and again, because none of the high cooldown skills are ever played (except elite because there's really no low elite skills other than berserker one) but some skills are too good and should not have the CD too low..so yea..it's so awkward..

limitation of skills number basically kitten warrior in so many ways.