Opening Chest of Loyalty after SotO goes live?

I have a couple of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_Loyalty that i would rather not open before the new expansion as i may need mystic clover for the new PVE legendary armor, or I may not! but im concerned these chests may not be openable atall or the 2% account gold wont work etc. Can a mod or someone in the know confirm if i should open these today or if i can wait? Thank you

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

just open them and take your clovers, or anything else.
it's not like Mystic Clovers are suddenly going to disappear from the game tomorrow; so the worst case scenario is you don't open the chests, they're removed from the game and you lose out on your gold find.
theres zero reason to hold on to these chests

• Like 6
  • Confused 7

I dont need clovers right now, unless i need clovers for the new legendary armor, thats the point of me asking the question, otherwise i would not have asked it. If i dont need clovers for it then i would rather get laurels. I suppose the 2% is not a huge deal but i would rather not lose it.

Edited by Honkytonk.5362
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

I am asking a simple question on a forum where people ask questions, what sort of person thinks it ok to start judging that question?? Its got nothing to do with you, literally, move along.

I dont need clovers right now which is why i am asking if the chests will still open tomorrow or if they are being retired thats NOT making an issue that asking for clarification.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

13 minutes ago, Honkytonk.5362 said:

I am asking a simple question on a forum where people ask questions, what sort of person thinks it ok to start judging that question?? Its got nothing to do with you, literally, move along.

I dont need clovers right now which is why i am asking if the chests will still open tomorrow or if they are being retired thats NOT making an issue that asking for clarification.

They gave you their recommendation in a clear and full response, so no need to get salty.

Nobody knows, so you are keeping those chests unopened at your own risk.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 6
  • Confused 9

9 minutes ago, Honkytonk.5362 said:

i'm just offering some advice, with 21hr before launch, you're unlikely to get an offical response from the devs

if you are concerned about the chests being deleted... remove that concern

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Honkytonk.5362 said:

I don't think the chests are being removed from the game. (possibly) just the means to acquire them. Personally I'm sitting on a couple as well. Over the years, plenty of chests are no longer available, but are kept in inventories until used.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Right no need for me to take part in a forum where people literaly tag team each other to provoke people up coming here in good faith to ask questions, he did not understand what i was asking, then had a pop at me for pointing that out and explaining further. His response talked about getting clovers when i had already said i didnt need clovers right now unless i needed them for the new armor.  Nothing salty about me, he answered a question i didnt make.

Just open them and take your clovers, or anything else. - thats his 'advice' nothing to do with what i was asking. Close this thread please mod, i will get advice elsewhere.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Honkytonk.5362 said:

but im concerned these chests may not be openable at all or the 2% account gold wont work

this is what i'm answering
i simply offered you the advice that if you are concerned that you'll lose out on something, Remove that concern from the equation!

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Honkytonk.5362 said:

I have a couple of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_Loyalty that i would rather not open before the new expansion as i may need mystic clover for the new PVE legendary armor, or I may not! but im concerned these chests may not be openable atall or the 2% account gold wont work etc. Can a mod or someone in the know confirm if i should open these today or if i can wait? Thank you

The chest will be openable no worries. 

They never ever in the game history made these kind of changes. 

There is even unobtainable stuff from 10 years ago which is still openable without issues..

Edited by Cronospere.8143
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Is there any official information of what will become of the Chests of Loyalty after SotO reworked dailies?
I'm currently sitting on 46 of these chests and I wouldn't at all like to see them go the way of the WXP that was turned into useless boosters for no good reason when HoT was released.

Will they stay the same?
Will the contents change?
Will they just be deleted from the game... ? I wouldn't put that pass Anet...

Any OFFICIAL answers or references would be appreciated, speculations are basically Globs of Globby Gloop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

The chest will be openable no worries. 

They never ever in the game history made these kind of changes. 

There is even unobtainable stuff from 10 years ago which is still openable without issues..

Well the changes related to runes are .... a first here, so is the revamp of daily logging reward if I am not mistaken ... so yea, we still have no idea about what's coming  tomorrow in term of changes and patch notes ..

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

The chests won't change their contents tomorrow, or at all.

No one can say at the moment what will be exactly required for the legendary armor. But until now, not a single existing legendary is craftable without mystic cloves. So it would be very strange if Anet changes this now.

Even if you use your chest for other things, Anet already confirmed that you can get your cloves also with the new system. You also have more than enough time for this, because the armor will be released in the first quarterly patch, i would asume in novembre.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Is there any official information of what will become of the Chests of Loyalty after SotO reworked dailies?
I'm currently sitting on 46 of these chests and I wouldn't at all like to see them go the way of the WXP that was turned into useless boosters for no good reason when HoT was released.

Will they stay the same?
Will the contents change?
Will they just be deleted from the game... ? I wouldn't put that pass Anet...

Any OFFICIAL answers or references would be appreciated, speculations are basically Globs of Globby Gloop.

Why the f... you have 46 chests of loyalty saved up? 

Thats 3.5 years of missed income. You can directly craft 3 or 4 legendaries out of that.. 

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, Honkytonk.5362 said:

I asked about this twice in the wizard's vault thread and never got an official answer.  I had around 2 years' worth of them saved up and decided to open them all earlier today to get the mystic clovers.  And the gold bonus.  It was the right decision for me.  I do wish someone from ANET had responded.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist-Hardened_Lockbox

These were added to WvW chests this year, any previous chests sitting in your bags had them added. They have form changing the contents of chests, they could pull out the 2% gold or anything really and put it in the vault, so the chests have less choice. They will not be adding to them like WvW but no reason to feel confident they will not remove items.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Clementine.3896 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist-Hardened_Lockbox

These were added to WvW chests this year, any previous chests sitting in your bags had them added. They have form changing the contents of chests, they could pull out the 2% gold or anything really and put it in the vault, so the chests have less choice. They will not be adding to them like WvW but no reason to feel confident they will not remove items.

They can also clearly make separate loot tables for newer chests (like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Chest for one), so even if they want to pull anything out of vendor chests (if they will still exist), it doesn't mean the old ones need to change at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

it doesn't mean the old ones need to change at all.

It means they may change them, as I said they have form, I never said they will, i said they can. This forum I swear, does everything here have to descend into nit picking, I am trying to just warn the OP. They could have the entire chest for sale in the vault, or they could retire it, or they could have the same chests with some items removed to sell on their own like laurels. Personally I would open them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Clementine.3896 said:

It means they may change them, as I said they have form, I never said they will, i said they can. This forum I swear, does everything here have to descend into nit picking, I am trying to just warn the OP. They could have the entire chest for sale in the vault, or they could retire it, or they could have the same chests with some items removed to sell on their own like laurels. Personally I would open them.

They may do whatever they want, I do understand that. But there's no reason for the chests which are currently in his inventory to change. Your example shows they added something new, not that they took it away. My example shows that even when they were changing skirmish chests between the expansions, the old ones remained how they were and the new ones didn't stack with the old ones. Any reason that shouldn't happen here too, even if anet plans to change the chests bought from the vendor?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transcendent_Chest_(exotic)

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But there's no reason for the chests which are currently in his inventory to change.

This is the chest that was changed retroactively, not whatever skirmish chest you are talking about buddy, and yes it was changed retroactively so old chests did contain different content from before, I benefitted from it, but you know, whatever. You just seem to sit here arguing with people, because you have decided that these chests will be handled a particular way, but there is a reason that they could have their content changed, yes changed, that could mean added or taken away, who the hell thinks its possible to add to a chest but not take away? That was rhetorical, I don't usually enage with professional forum police

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Halcyon.8360 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transcendent_Chest_(exotic)

This is the chest that was changed retroactively, not whatever skirmish chest you are talking about buddy, and yes it was changed retroactively so old chests did contain different content from before, I benefitted from it, but you know, whatever. You just seem to sit here arguing with people, because you have decided that these chests will be handled a particular way, but there is a reason that they could have their content changed, yes changed, that could mean added or taken away, who the hell thinks its possible to add to a chest but not take away? That was rhetorical, I don't usually enage with professional forum police

"buddy", please read what exactly I wrote:

15 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They can also clearly make separate loot tables for newer chests (like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Chest for one), so even if they want to pull anything out of vendor chests (if they will still exist), it doesn't mean the old ones need to change at all.

14 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They may do whatever they want, I do understand that. But there's no reason for the chests which are currently in his inventory to change. Your example shows they added something new, not that they took it away. My example shows that even when they were changing skirmish chests between the expansions, the old ones remained how they were and the new ones didn't stack with the old ones. Any reason that shouldn't happen here too, even if anet plans to change the chests bought from the vendor?

I'm fully aware these are two different chests. It doesn't change the point I make at all.

13 hours ago, Halcyon.8360 said:

but there is a reason that they could have their content changed

And that reason is... what exactly? Why would anet want to substract anything from the chest of loyalty you earned in the past?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3