New dailies/weeklies [Merged]

7 minutes ago, Helliwolf the KrimsonKnight.6523 said:

One of my PvE dailies today is "Defeat 10 Enemie with and Enhancement Effect". What does that mean? The description says that you can get enhancements from utilities consumables.

Do any monsters have Enhancement Effects?

I think that means an enhancement effect on you.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

today southsun survival was mandatory for the pve dailies.

i love being forced to do a pvp activity with a 15min timer in "pve" or i don't get my rewards. for the record, i play ranked since years, and have made several sets of legendary armor from it, but i don't want to see this trash when i'm trying to play pve casually on my downtime.

players need to be able to get away from specific kinds of content when they're not in the mood for it, but this along with losing all astral claim if you don't click the chests or if you exceed the weekly cap shows that we're slowly moving towards fomo (fear of missing out) designs where players are forced to do what the checklists says or forfeit rewards, which is an extremely anti-guild wars design.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

32 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

today southsun survival was mandatory for the pve dailies.

i love being forced to do a pvp activity with a 15min timer in "pve" or i don't get my rewards. for the record, i play ranked since years, and have made several sets of legendary armor from it, but i don't want to see this trash when i'm trying to play pve casually on my downtime.

players need to be able to get away from specific kinds of content when they're not in the mood for it, but this along with losing all astral claim if you don't click the chests or if you exceed the weekly cap shows that we're slowly moving towards fomo (fear of missing out) designs where players are forced to do what the checklists says or forfeit rewards, which is an extremely anti-guild wars design.

There is no weekly cap. There's just a cap to how much AA you can hold at a time. Easy to get around: spend it!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

In 5 days, I've only be able to complete the daily once.
I used to enjoy logging to the game everyday, even when I had little time: daily, gathering, saying hello to a few friends...
Since tuesday, GW2 just proves me everyday it's reserved for old players.
I was going to start HoT story this week-end, I'm sad to say that now it just repels me more and more to log in.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

There is no weekly cap. There's just a cap to how much AA you can hold at a time. Easy to get around: spend it!

if you accept the rewards without first spending it you lose any additional astral claim as if you didn't do the dailies or weeklies at all. please don't defend this kind of stuff, as it may seem obvious to some players but its not to others and its a "newbie trap" that hurts new player uptake.

it goes against the other quality of life changes they did to retain players just a few months prior.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

if you accept the rewards without first spending it you lose any additional astral claim as if you didn't do the dailies or weeklies at all. please don't defend this kind of stuff, as it may seem obvious to some players but its not to others and its a "newbie trap" that hurts new player uptake.

it goes against the other quality of life changes they did to retain players just a few months prior.

I'm not defending anything, I'm just stating facts. There's nothing to defend though, the xxx/1300 is there in huge characters, hardly a trap.

First people not understanding how to select the daily/weekly categories, and now this? I find it pretty surprising how many people are having trouble just reading what's on the screen in plain sight

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/22/2023 at 10:51 AM, Healix.5819 said:

The dailies seem to change entirely based on which expansions you own. I'm guessing today is EoD first, so anyone with EoD should have EoD dailies.

For comparison, the PvE dailies are:

EoD:  use 3 combo skills, complete the spirit vestibule mini dungeon, dodge 3 times
PoF: complete a renown heart, kill 5 veterans, crystal desert vista
Core: gather 10 plants, kill 10 enemies, salvage 10 items

My Husband and I have all deluxe expansions, We are not able to play together because our dailies are different from one another... I have lost interest in GW2, The Vault is not worth the grinding and the rewards are crap.... They have ruined the game for us....

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

Yes they took away the 2 gold. They made it to were you have to grind  you kitten off just to Get to the 1,300 Astral Acclaim token just to be forced to spend it or lose it.

You still get 1g luck and 30 aa for finishing daily.

And that net you more then the 2 gold you lost.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Here's the things I like about the new daily system:

• The ability to get cosmetic items
  • The ability to get limited amount of ascended weapons and armor
  • The legendary starter kit seems like a good deal
  • Build and Storage Templates seems like a good deal

Here's the things I don't like about the new daily system:

• The removal of 12 choices down to 4 specific choices of PVE, PVP, and WVW
  • Removing those choices we are forced into some really silly and not fun chores to get completion chests
  • The new daily system is a new currency that I now have to do to earn other currencies... that is not fun and doesn't feel like I accomplished anything. Laurels were "the" login reward currency. Now I have to get a new currency just to buy that currency to buy the same things? Wtf Anet?
  • I could right click on the bouncy boxes every time I earned a daily reward in one location before... now I have to open the Wizard's Vault and click on each one individually
  • Why are the rewards boxes on the daily and weekly objects so small. It required more precise clicking to get that reward which is also annoying
  • Some of these rewards are just absurdly expensive... 1000AA for Lesser Essence of gold, 95 AA for revive orbs. I feel bad for newer players who may not understand how bad of a purchase these are

Overall I just feel like this is a step backwards. Not really sure what they were trying to fix here with this choice to remove daily login rewards and completely change the dailies and weeklies. Are they trying to stabilize the economy? It doesn't seem like there was anything really in need of fixing aside from combating abuse of the login rewards. Why not just take those login rewards and improve rewards in other areas or make the dailies and weeklies more rewarding? The game that is known for respecting our time is now saying we need to play the game more to earn the same rewards we have been for the past 10 years. This paradigm shift in daily and weekly rewards maybe should have a more gradual approach rather then just dumping this as it is on everyone. I came back to this game from World of Warcraft a year ago trying to get away from their dumb decisions. At least World of Warcraft doesn't force you to buy currencies in their trading post! It's all cosmetics and an actual nice incentive to login and do these things. It doesn't feel a requirement to get end game currencies and materials. Very disappointing Anet!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Even with different dailies you are able to play together. 

I have limited time to play RL Disability's, its either grind daily, weekly or special, or say f... it and play something else... My life is playing with my Husband, guild and friends.... and having fun, this is not fun anymore.... If I cant play with them doing dailies like WvW or PvE or PvP. what the point anymore of playing, and they trashed the reward system you are working so much harder  then before. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ZombieHoser.3629 said:

Here's the things I like about the new daily system:

• The ability to get cosmetic items
  • The ability to get limited amount of ascended weapons and armor
  • The legendary starter kit seems like a good deal
  • Build and Storage Templates seems like a good deal

Here's the things I don't like about the new daily system:

• The removal of 12 choices down to 4 specific choices of PVE, PVP, and WVW
  • Removing those choices we are forced into some really silly and not fun chores to get completion chests
  • The new daily system is a new currency that I now have to do to earn other currencies... that is not fun and doesn't feel like I accomplished anything. Laurels were "the" login reward currency. Now I have to get a new currency just to buy that currency to buy the same things? Wtf Anet?
  • I could right click on the bouncy boxes every time I earned a daily reward in one location before... now I have to open the Wizard's Vault and click on each one individually
  • Why are the rewards boxes on the daily and weekly objects so small. It required more precise clicking to get that reward which is also annoying
  • Some of these rewards are just absurdly expensive... 1000AA for Lesser Essence of gold, 95 AA for revive orbs. I feel bad for newer players who may not understand how bad of a purchase these are

Overall I just feel like this is a step backwards. Not really sure what they were trying to fix here with this choice to remove daily login rewards and completely change the dailies and weeklies. Are they trying to stabilize the economy? It doesn't seem like there was anything really in need of fixing aside from combating abuse of the login rewards. Why not just take those login rewards and improve rewards in other areas or make the dailies and weeklies more rewarding? The game that is known for respecting our time is now saying we need to play the game more to earn the same rewards we have been for the past 10 years. This paradigm shift in daily and weekly rewards maybe should have a more gradual approach rather then just dumping this as it is on everyone. I came back to this game from World of Warcraft a year ago trying to get away from their dumb decisions. At least World of Warcraft doesn't force you to buy currencies in their trading post! It's all cosmetics and an actual nice incentive to login and do these things. It doesn't feel a requirement to get end game currencies and materials. Very disappointing Anet!

The ability to get cosmetic items..... are thrashy 

The ability to get limited amount of ascended weapons and armor..... I don't want Or need.

The legendary starter kit seems like a good deal..... Maybe for new players, Again I don't want or need.

Build and Storage Templates seems like a good deal..... No It's in there because no one wanted to buy it in the first place. Not wanted or needed with over 20 charters 😞

Everything else you have said I agree on.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I'm not a fan of this new daily system. Taking away the login rewards is detrimental for players like me who can only engage twice a week. While those who can commit to playing 7 days a week might find this system more rewarding, for us who can only play on two days, it's become less beneficial since we're now required to play to earn rewards. Even "Black Desert," known for its pay-to-win mechanics, offers incentives simply for logging in. This change is quite disappointing for me.

Edited by knivestv.6738
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

My Husband and I have all deluxe expansions, We are not able to play together because our dailies are different from one another... I have lost interest in GW2, The Vault is not worth the grinding and the rewards are crap.... They have ruined the game for us....

Did you BOTH selected same modes? Read on wiki how it works, dailies are based on expansions and modes, if players select the same, they will have the same. Weeklies are apparently based on modes you pick and guild you are representing on char you log on first each week.

Tested on over 70 accounts and it works, so imo one of you just did something wrong.

• Sad 1

On 8/22/2023 at 6:00 PM, lothefallen.7081 said:

The relic changes feel awful too, my characters feel less powerful....I feel like I paid to regress the game. The rigidity of the daily system and the removal of wvw/pvp potions makes me not really interested in logging back in. I think I will severely cut my playtime down to 0 until they meaningfully fix what was working and didn't need to be changed. 

I have done the same thing, I wont play again.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

My quick feedback (wvw main, also full legendary gear):
Would like options like before (like do 3 of 10 or whatever it was) or maybe even a re-roll system (some karma or whatever currency makes sense to the design team).
Rewards are excellent, I feel I'm doing a lot less overall so far, I love the new system so far.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Maybe while they're looking at how to make the new system more flexible (meaning, just use the old system for objectives and new system for rewards, anything less would be completely unacceptable) they could also look at lifting the 15k achievement point cap for dailies, or maybe once you reach that cap you get those 10 points from your weeklies, or give 5 points for weeklies and make it so weeklies have no achievement point cap

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Doctor.1384 said:

Maybe while they're looking at how to make the new system more flexible (meaning, just use the old system for objectives and new system for rewards, anything less would be completely unacceptable) they could also look at lifting the 15k achievement point cap for dailies, or maybe once you reach that cap you get those 10 points from your weeklies, or give 5 points for weeklies and make it so weeklies have no achievement point cap

How is the cap increase needed in any way when you're simply able to buy skins for the daily/weekly currency anyways? Just... want to double dip the rewards for rather easy tasks?
I'd say the daily ap cap is already rather high for what it is.

Edited by Sobx.1758
"skins", not "skills"
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

Yes they took away the 2 gold. They made it to were you have to grind  you kitten off just to Get to the 1,300 Astral Acclaim token just to be forced to spend it or lose it.

That cap exist probably to prevent players to collect a very large quantity of Astral Acclaim and then over flow market by turning it into Gold or any other items that can have a large impact on Tradepost and Gem Store (in form of  Gem to Gold exchange).

You could turn AA into Gold or Laurel over time that will be stored in Wallet or use Material Storage for item that will go there to save inventory space. Material Storage item will depend on how much you have expanded it from the default 250 stack/item up to 2500 stack/item. Bank can have 250 items in each slot, so that is that option for items that doesn't go to material storage or wallet.

The main point with Astral Acclaim is that you should use AA as soon as possible to avoid ebb and flow in other section of this games currency and material flow.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1