They ruined the game

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

First time? I saw complaints that the turtle being locked behind the meta or the Strike ruined the game when EoD came out, saw the same threads about mounts as well. 

Do Relics and the WV have issues? Yes, but whoever's legit thinking the game is ruined by them needs to touch grass.

It depends on what you do in the game and how important having the perfect build is for you. Personally, for me, it is "ruined" in the sense that I really don't have it in me to sit down and redesign all of the builds they have wiped out and to have to change my entire WvW playstyle because ANet has essentially taken the option away for me to roam and cap in the way I wanted to. As an example, my style was to stealth into a T3 camp and hang around sometimes for a long time and await an opportunity to quickly cap, even on camps that are heavily defended and whole Zergs have not been able to capture there is always a small window of opportunity. As a ranger main I can no longer stealth, so build and playstyle "ruined". And this is just one example class / playstyle.

So what we are saying is the game is playable, but the changes have taken away some people's enjoyment of the game, and a huge amount of time invested in the builds design, testing and mastering. I personally am not going to sit around and hope that one day I can play again the way I want. Instead, I will bugger off to another game and occasionally check back to see if ANet has sorted anything. So there is a clarification of what many of us mean by the term ruined.

Edited by MoonT.6845
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Oh no, things change, what horror.

Having a blast with the expansion so far. The rewards for the daily/weekly currency look really good. And the relics feel like a breath of fresh air to the long stale gearing part of the game.

But guess I'm one of the few with positive views that still visits the forums 😄

Does really feel like a lot of people only come here to complain and spread doom and gloom.

Also enjoying the expac so far. I think it's way to soon for me to decide if the new system is going to affect me playing long term but at the moment it's an interesting take on freshening up the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, mariugo.4856 said:

nah man they literally took a system that was in place for more than 6 years and that everyone loved and cut away the best part of it for literally no reason, people are right to be mad about it

The rune system was terrible and was complained about for 6+ years. It’s a good thing it’s gone…finally.

I do agree with what someone said earlier: 100 effects to just 40 was a huge mistake on anets part… they did say however that they would roll out the rest of the relics over the course of the year.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

To start off I don't think a new daily system is bad and removing daily login rewards is bad.

However, when you only get 3 dailies in your specific game mode, that isn't introducing a new system, it's reducing the dailies for everyone from 12 possible achievements (divided amongst gamemodes) to 3. This won't increase soto sales, it won't increase gameplay, and if anything, it will reduce these things. If you want to go through with this, you need to at least give us 6 or 7 dailies in our chosen category. Also, I don't like the idea of having to spend daily currency to get the things you want, because you won't get extra tomes or stuff to lie around in your bank until you want to lvl a character. But that is less important than increasing the amount of dailies you get in your chosen gamemode.

The fact that there is 8 pages and counting to this thread (and 5-6 threads on this topic that need to be merged imo) 2 days after release is a testament to its popularity and what it means.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

$29 dollars for a living story size map that looks like a re-skinned Edge of the Mist map.

Daily that forces people to play in WvW and PvP to complete.

Anet needs to fix the daily to have more options 

13 people confused? how ??? im confused that they are confused. lol and someone else will be confused about this.

I agree though with only 4 options (which you have to do all of them) and the weekly has 8 options but only 6 need to be done. feels like someone Oops'd, but usually its not and is on purpose. The sad thing is i bet they'd give more options but still force you into diff game modes. like add 1 more pvp option and 1 more wvw option. (i'm NOT saying i want that, but they'll DO IT!) At the very least giving another option that you might be better at doing would be good. Forcing you into team content where you have to rely on others to do it. sucks hardcore when you have no others to do it with. 🙂 Welp i can't even complete that so i guess it's not possible to even do all the dailiies. (like that turtle race adventure in gaya delve, but ,but i have no friends.. ) 😞

edit: okay i know why people were confused now, but WISH THEY WOULD HAVE TOLD US !!

the wiz vault dailies are selectable between pve, wvw, pvp. Since many of us didn't bother to read and just clicked the accept button to get to content quickly we missed this little bit of important information. 😞 IF you click on the edit icon on the top left you can select which game modes you want your dailies/weeklies to be in. Amazing huh? 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

15 hours ago, gametaunt.9105 said:

there are many things wrong with this new expac, feels rushed.

not much depth.

broken/badly designed new systems.

perhaps, just perhaps they should have beta tested this better, not just to find bugs, but also to get feedback and a feel about what players like.

I disagree with your point on depth, but I'm with you on the testing.

I like the first new map, enjoyed the enemies and events I did, etc. I like relics, though some not working is a problem.

I like the Wizard's vault overall, but some external testers giving some feedback would have been able to smooth some of the rough edges out before they launched. Daily activities should have more options, and there's issues with the new dailies giving newer players objectives in maps or stories they haven't completed yet. Probably not great for them. Dailies not being the same for everyone - not a problem for me since I mostly play solo. You've got friends though? Uh, might want to do those together. Unless you all got different ones for some reason! Weeklies are ok, you have 9, and do 6 to get the bonus. Awesome. If you do every extra weekly that's another 480 essence / month. Good to do, but not crazy detrimental if you don't do all of them. Dailies feel bad though.

It a strange how Anet maintained runes -> runes+relics migration. All they should do is
1) create one-per-rune-type relic (~100, not 40);

2) per each 6 one type runes give the user one corresponding relic.
P.S.
And yes, after one-two days players may create some new rune+relic combinations that may be too powerful/bugged in some situations etc... But it's another story.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, OneHalf.1432 said:

It a strange how Anet maintained runes -> runes+relics migration. All they should do is
1) create one-per-rune-type relic (~100, not 40);

2) per each 6 one type runes give the user one corresponding relic.
P.S.
And yes, after one-two days players may create some new rune+relic combinations that may be too powerful/bugged in some situations etc... But it's another story.

This. Just do this please. It is the polite and appropriate action and maintains respect for the playerbase. For any that MUST be removed, do that later in a balance patch, provide proper transparency and dev notes for the balance patch and compensate us for any of the relics that get removed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I see they've finally cleaned house among Anet, as they say: whoever gets in the way, to the stake...
It's a mentality that I don't understand, nor do I really wish to understand, because it's so devoid of meaning, and filled with bitterness and indifference towards those who have nurtured and grown their business. A total lack of respect, it's ugly. However, I'd like to point out that washing out a task doesn't mean "removing the task", and that from now on, any action taken will have repercussions and consequences on the company and the players' vision of their company. Maybe they don't care, but to be honest, taking people for "jerks" is enough for 2 minutes. Let them pay the tax they deserve, that's all I wish for them today, when the time will come when it will be as salty as the contempt given to their community, to this clumsy company, stuffed with mawkish and pathetic ideologies. (On this subject -> I'm by no means against LGBT+ rights, I'm for human rights after all, nevertheless... this mania for unintelligibly "forcing", ad nauseam, a narrative, a lore, in a poorly written direction of this phenomenon ruffles my feathers. At the end of the day, if they want to integrate what they call "inclusion", they'd better do it right, it's human rights we're talking about, not some half-baked plan of self-righteous marshmallow nincompoops, all the time trying to redeem themselves because you got a slap on the wrist as a kid). In this sense, we're verging on hypocrisy and general hysteria, while discrediting a minority that's already struggling to make itself heard and respected in the streets... to simply have the right to breathe, I'm talking about this phenomenon here, but this "woke" phenomenon is everywhere, just in the world of cinema where everything has become a pretext, and not a thought-out, realistic, interesting situation... I sincerely deplore this notion (to come back to GW2) where everything is a commercial pretext, and where passion and creativity end up in the trash. At the end of the day, if you don't want to make a game or don't know how to (even if it's difficult to create, given people's different opinions), you don't become a director of games ! It was the same story with Hogwarts Legacy (where Whitewashing is hardly spoken of, given the chosen era), a game that was to be forgotten, and which Guild Wars 2 for other reasons, but not so far away, approaches of the same outcome.

"I take the case of Marjory & Kasmeer who were very badly written characters (like the others), but whose only goal for Kasmeer was to exist because: LGBTQ++. I was a thousand times more touched by the homosexuality of our character (player) of FFXIV with Sir Haurchefant than by the romance of Kas & Jory. (Yet I like the "base" of these characters with Caithe). Where again other characters occured in Cantha, where we literally get a plethora of "no-binary" characters, which literally makes no sense (in addition to having to support the voice of the engineer in all the maps. .. for economic reasons), and now, it is the commander who becomes "no-binary" imposed. It's just, tiring."

#RIPTyria

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Alaeacus.9635 said:

I, like so many others, picked WvW, PvP, and PvE because occasionally I like to do them all, whenever I feel like it.  We were expecting to see many options for all three.  INSTEAD we got ONLY three options, one from each, and you HAVE to do all three to get that full daily reward.

Me too!  I thought I'd have my choice of the three game modes to work on.....not one each.  ugh.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Sreoom.3690 said:

Me too!  I thought I'd have my choice of the three game modes to work on.....not one each.  ugh.

you do have a choice! you just missed it like i and many, many others did! go to the top left gear icon and select which game modes you want your dailies to be in . the default setting is all of them. (pve, wvw and pvp.)

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

you do have a choice! you just missed it like i and many, many others did! go to the top left gear icon and select which game modes you want your dailies to be in . the default setting is all of them. (pve, wvw and pvp.)

Nevertheless, the theme of this "sorcerer's strongbox" literally pushes you to buy their extension, under penalty of receiving only half of the loot... for those who haven't bought it, well, they're totally having it. What makes me laugh is that even the Wiki has been abandoned in its writing. haha.

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Melody.8123 said:

Wow Player: First Time?

Its finally here, the last breath of copium.

I looked on Youtube, and it feels frankly, that it's a big mix between TESO & World of Warcraft low-coast. It's really cheap, they have no imagination...

Spoiler

Apparently "Zojja" all this time was just "bad in his skin" and was at the astral guard... (in short, a bogus excuse), also learned apparently the Mursaats aren't all dead...just WTF! While we had literally clarified the prophecy in question... (they completely kitten on Glint & Livia...). They transformed a "Dwarf" into a simple "Norn" short-legged... it's desecration at this train there. There's a part, at one point, where Isgarren (octopus face) had "laughs", it was just awkward...seriously. It sucks. But so goddamn bad. 🤮 

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Here is my take on this expansion:

Relics:

I think the idea of taking away 6 stack effects from runes and replacing it with relics is a good idea as you can mix more combinations without being forced into some rune stats. However I am still amazed they did not just COPY PASTED 6th stack runes into relics. My builds are now broken, we had 100 runes effects, each one unique. Now we got some half-assed 50 relics from which 50% are class specific (so what was the point of doing relics for "more options " then if they are class specific?), 40% are useless and then there are some okeyish, some classes seem to not have a single nice relic for them. This one is my main reason why I lost any will to play this game for now, was thinking about doing cool combos but now, arenanet had to rob us of functioning 100 runes effects. If they are not putting relics into the game with 1:1 effects of removed runes I'm not willing to play this game daily/weekly.

Dailies:

Same as relics, the general idea is good, however as many have mentioned why are they robbing us again of choices? Previously we had many options now if we check PvE/PvP/WvW options we are forced into doing specific tasks for at least 2 of them. Previously if i was not in a mood for PvP i could just do 3 PvE, now I no longer have that choice. Also feels like dailies have been dumbed down A LOT and will cause classic maps to be dead. "Login into the game" as a daily PvE, seriously? Also haven't seen a single old style daily of doing classic maps events only some dumb tasks that take 5 seconds. As I said previously, it will make classic map way less populated. Also it seems they nerfed the overall gold gain but haven't looked much into it.

Maps:

Obvious reused assets and copy pasted locations, however the maps in my experience still felt fresh and alive even with being reused assets. My only complain might be that there could be more terrain/islands instead of so much empty space. Also personally liked the music.

Story:

As all story in gw2 for me, okayish. Nothing special but also not super bad. I think the last 10th chapter of story quests was too rushed and felt unfinished.

Other than that not really any other complains. Arenanet was pretty open about this "expansion" being waaaay smaller and with content being released in quarters so the complains of this expansion being too small or not worth the price are kinda dumb, Arenanet was informing us about it. As for other complains like PvP/WvW potions and others never participated in that so can't say.

Edited by GoodMartin.6307
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, avater.1746 said:

you trust a review of an mmorpg on release day? okay...😄

Let's see how Arenanet is handling the feedback and what they will do. I'm pretty sure there will be tweaks to the runes and the wizard vault and if these are your only complaints things should be shiny again real soon!

If they were going to fix anything, they would have replied by now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

sure because planning and fixing only took a few hours in software development and not entire two week sprints...

Edited by avater.1746
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

Not really. Feedback would have accumulated overnight and hotfixes to bugs would have been prioritised. I suspect several meetings over the coming days/weeks will happen first. 

I'm not saying they will change anything given only 1-2 people will likely read the forums to cascade back (I expect them to at least add options to dailies mind you), but it's not going to get acknowledged within the first 24 hours. Any siginifcant changes may be weeks/months away

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Not really. Feedback would have accumulated overnight and hotfixes to bugs would have been prioritised. I suspect several meetings over the coming days/weeks will happen first. 

I'm not saying they will change anything given only 1-2 people will likely read the forums to cascade back (I expect them to at least add options to dailies mind you), but it's not going to get acknowledged within the first 24 hours. Any siginifcant changes may be weeks/months away

While true, they COULD respond. But that's not their style. They NEVER listen to their customers. Not the real ones. They only listen to customers who are extremely vocal (and almost always wrong). They listened to those squeaky wheels prior to HoT, and it almost destroyed the game.

They used to have a player liaison on staff. They got rid of her after 18 years with the company. Why? There could have been only one reason: they were bound and determined to never listen to customers, so why pay someone to interface with them?

This is just the culmination of that terrible line of thinking on their part.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

While true, they COULD respond. But that's not their style. They NEVER listen to their customers. Not the real ones. They only listen to customers who are extremely vocal (and almost always wrong). They listened to those squeaky wheels prior to HoT, and it almost destroyed the game.

They used to have a player liaison on staff. They got rid of her after 18 years with the company. Why? There could have been only one reason: they were bound and determined to never listen to customers, so why pay someone to interface with them?

This is just the culmination of that terrible line of thinking on their part.

Whilst I kind of agree they often do not appear to listen  to their community like they used to and it is highly frustrating (see balance fiasco), the employee we fondly remember was not got rid of. She left voluntarily.

Do not forget we also have Rubi who does fulfill much of what Gaile did, just less interactively. And she is well respected in the community for the work she does

We also have to remember they get feedback from many sources. Including Reddit, Discord and social media. Twitter for one gives VERY different feedback than the forums. Discord used to be their preferred place. It's frustrating for us because the forums themslves historically are their least favourite platform and it expasperates that feeling of believing we are forgotten. 

Whilst I do maintain they need to do better and many of these kickbacks from the community should have been antoicpated - and it is concerning they were not - recitfying them and responding takes time. I'm not defending their stance. I am notoriously vocally frustrated as well at times, but we need to be cognizant that although responses must happen, they shouldn't - and wont -  be rushed either

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, avater.1746 said:

so then you must be pretty confident to be heard, right? 😅

Do your homework. I haven't posted for months.

I'm just HOPING that they changed their mindset. The odds are extremely low, but I have to hope. I loved this game (until yesterday). Can't I at least HOPE that they'll listen?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Whilst I kind of agree they often do not appear to listen  to their community like they used to and it is highly frustrating (see balance fiasco), the employee we fondly remember was not got rid of. She left voluntarily.

Do not forget we also have Rubi who does fulfill much of what Gaile did, just less interactively. And she is well respected in the community for the work she does

We also have to remember they get feedback from many sources. Including Reddit, Discord and social media. Twitter for one gives VERY different feedback than the forums. Discord used to be their preferred place. It's frustrating for us because the forums themslves historically are their least favourite platform and it expasperates that feeling of believing we are forgotten. 

Whilst I do maintain they need to do better and many of these kickbacks from the community should have been antoicpated - and it is concerning they were not - recitfying them and responding takes time. I'm not defending their stance. I am notoriously vocally frustrated as well at times, but we need to be cognizant that although responses must happen, they shouldn't - and wont -  be rushed either

No, she was dismissed while she was on vacation. I conversed with her about it, and it wasn't voluntary. She was quite sad.

THIS is their OFFICIAL forum. THIS is the place where they need to respond. The other places are just window dressing.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1