Reviving Dead Players Makes 100CM Too Easy

It's really all in the title.  The difficulty of 100cm is almost entirely based around highly punishing mechanics that are relatively simple.  The ability to revive dead players mid-fight removes the punishment and makes the entire fight feel like a joke.  On my very first run after the patch, one of our DPS players died once and our healer died three times.  Each time someone died, we kited the boss away and then resurrected them with no issue. 

My opinion is that combat-reviving should not be possible when players are fully dead, but the addition of cycling floor AOEs (such as those present in Sunqua Peak CM) would also work to alleviate this issue. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 10

There are still frequent mechanics that force people to spread out and that leave damaging AOEs, so it's better to focus ress (DPS loss btw) which is still punishing just like in any other fractal. I think it's a very much welcome change and helps alleviate the jankiness of some mechanics. In any case if you don't like ressing downed/dead players then you have an issue with the base game design, not especifically this fractal.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

it almost like you're playing a fractal instead of a strike mission, and the difficulty was supposed to be like 97-99cm instead of a raid boss. now if it also didn't use all the other anti-fractal weirdness, wouldn't that be something? we can only dream, i guess.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Jables.4659 said:

The difficulty of 100cm is almost entirely based around highly punishing mechanics that are relatively simple

insta-death by regular mechanic is not highly punishing, its just stupid artificial difficulty that doesnt add anything to the encounter. like eye on a top of numbers mechanic, why? whats the point? its just stupid.  most of the time under 33% during numbers i am just chatting about recent bug we had, lol

sunqua both phases together have only 1 party wipe mechanic (air phase clouds) and no insta-death mechanics and is way more complex and hard. also i never have spare time to freely chat in sunqua

silentsurf was never truly hard, but was bugged as hell, frustrating to play with bugs and how some mechanics are designed (numbers, fearing eye, tethers in general and late tethers etc.) and unnecesarily long. letting people ress is more in line with other cms and turning it off again wont save this fractal, they would have to revamp half of mechanics there

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Nimris.3781 said:

insta-death by regular mechanic is not highly punishing, its just stupid artificial difficulty that doesnt add anything to the encounter. like eye on a top of numbers mechanic, why? whats the point? its just stupid.  most of the time under 33% during numbers i am just chatting about recent bug we had, lol

sunqua both phases together have only 1 party wipe mechanic (air phase clouds) and no insta-death mechanics and is way more complex and hard. also i never have spare time to freely chat in sunqua

silentsurf was never truly hard, but was bugged as hell, frustrating to play with bugs and how some mechanics are designed (numbers, fearing eye, tethers in general and late tethers etc.) and unnecesarily long. letting people ress is more in line with other cms and turning it off again wont save this fractal, they would have to revamp half of mechanics there

Exactly this. Being able to revive dead players doesn't make it too easy, it makes it a fractal. Having brainless mechanics where you can chat while you run and scatter throughout the map 50 times makes it too easy, and boring, and disappointing. We can only hope that the next fractal we get in ~9 months is actually a fractal and not 2 strikes in a trench coat.

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Myriada.7580 said:

There are still frequent mechanics that force people to spread out and that leave damaging AOEs, so it's better to focus ress (DPS loss btw) which is still punishing just like in any other fractal. I think it's a very much welcome change and helps alleviate the jankiness of some mechanics. In any case if you don't like ressing downed/dead players then you have an issue with the base game design, not especifically this fractal.

The problem I have is the ease at which this fight in particular allows you to combat resurrect fully dead players.  This isn't "any other fractal", this is 100CM, so let's be fair by comparing it with the final boss fights of the previous 100CM fractals.  Both Sunqua Peak and Shattered Observatory have final boss fights that involve a large number of highly damaging AOE and/or vanishing floors all throughout the arena.  These fights have limited windows (water phase and add phases) where it makes sense to revive a completely dead player, and those windows do not continuously reappear throughout the entirety of the fight.  Combat reviving is further punished in those fights by the inclusion of mechanics designed to punish groups with poor DPS.  Ark will enrage if DPS is low, and the 33% sorrow phase on Sunqua will eventually re-initiate.

Silent Surf has no enrage mechanic.  There is no punishment for low DPS beyond the additional time that the fight takes to complete, which means that when someone dies, the group can usually halt the fight's progress to revive the dead player before continuing on as if nothing happened.  Instead of introducing limited windows where you can resurrect dead players, the fight introduces limited windows where you can't.  Most players have not spent the time to adequately familiarize themselves with this boss fight.  Anyone who has been clearing it daily since release will quickly notice how detrimental combat reviving is to the experience of this fractal. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1