(Amnytas Meta Feedback) Stop making content where you don't even dodge or play action combat

Silent surf was the first time you did this.

Amnytas meta is this again. You spend half the meta on a skyscale pressing "1". Blizzard figured out in WOTLK that "vehicle" gameplay is bad as everyone gave them VERY negative feedback about how they want to play their CLASS and not mash 1 button on a vehicle.

The meta boss doesn't even attack, he just sits there and lets you wail on him like a core GW2 world "boss". Absolutely pathetic.

I want to play GW2, dodge, avoid mob attacks, use my defensives/utils/healing to survive, and most of all, PLAY MY CLASS WITH ITS SKILLS AND ROTATION.

Also the rewards suck, and are worse than farming queensdale champions.

https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/meta

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

I want to play GW2, dodge, avoid mob attacks, use my defensives/utils/healing to survive, and most of all, PLAY MY CLASS WITH ITS SKILLS AND ROTATION.

Then you should play instanced content. Open world has always been just doing auto attack. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Then you should play instanced content. Open world has always been just doing auto attack. 

This is wrong. Gyala Delve and Dragon's End are proof of this. Open world content hasn't been "autoattack and afk" since core tyria.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Open world content hasn't been "autoattack and afk" since core tyria.

Did you miss the rise of autoattack builds aka LI last year?

Joke aside, while I agree with the original post, Idk what people expected. DE was "the anomaly", hardest content they release (not including CM's added challenges) in half a decade. Everything else points towards the trend of becoming easier, mindless.

If you wanna speak about the lack of challenging content, I'd be more worried about the two strikes being inbetween freanir & whisper of jormag in terms of difficulty, than a meta 😕

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

This meta is being farmed in < 20m now.

It poses no challenge, it's extremely boring, there's barely any combat during it.

The main boss does not fight back.

Soooo pretty much standard open world content then, right?

I personally don't mind. I never expected the developers to make open world content challenging (and even Dragon's End is only challenging because of the high amount of challenged players).

As long as there is some semblence of regular content development with fun instanced content (ideally not as easy as the new strikes), I don't mind. There are a lot if players that just want to chill while standing around and collecting loot. Hey even I enjoy my occasional brain-turn-off-mode sessions.🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I noticed that topic yesterday. This is you calling a couple of T1 fractals "strike level of difficulty". And yet I'll (generously?) assume you're doing somewhat better than the average player : since you post here, you're also likely to be the type to more or less check guides and / or read discussions to know your characters. Many just dont bother at all with online discussion / wikidives.

Now consider if you find those fractal hard and this meta too easy (despite the fairly small difference in dps needed) then its probably the right difficulty for those average / below average players. Story-only people for exemple.

EDIT bc not worth bumping the topic : I wouldnt say you're probably doing ok if I meant this as a personal attack. It just was an honest assumption you didnt beat it since you made it sound way too hard in that topic.

Do I think its boring as kitten? Absolutely. I feel the same about T1 fractals really. But back on topic, its a nice spectacle and a way better "first meta to experience" than Dragon's end ever was (and I must underline dragon's end was the first meta an expansion story forces you to participate in for story progress - althought you don't have to win it). 
I'll take this any day over Dragon's end frustration & drama. Despite the fact I really, really liked that encounter design. Funneling everyone to harder-than-average content was painful for every party involved (speaking of which I'm curious if we'll have a wave of threads when the daily weekly goal "do a strike mission" comes up)

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2023 at 8:48 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Silent surf was the first time you did this.

Amnytas meta is this again. You spend half the meta on a skyscale pressing "1". Blizzard figured out in WOTLK that "vehicle" gameplay is bad as everyone gave them VERY negative feedback about how they want to play their CLASS and not mash 1 button on a vehicle.

The meta boss doesn't even attack, he just sits there and lets you wail on him like a core GW2 world "boss". Absolutely pathetic.

Also the rewards suck, and are worse than farming queensdale champions.

https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/meta

I agree with you, but as a counterpoint metas in this game typically don't utilize the action combat mechanics.  Instead you just stack in a pile of other players where you couldn't see what you need to dodge if you wanted to.  I also don't necessarily see a problem with including mount activities.  For example, while some players need to gather essence on their skyscale, others are needed to battle kryptis to release that essence.  But you're right, flapping around pushing 1 button over and over is not engaging gameplay.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Taclism.2406 said:

Now consider if you find those fractal hard

I don't, I find them unfun. I don't like FFXIV boss design(strikes), I like fractal boss design(old fractals). No PvE content in this game is difficult at all, the hardest is barely above a normal mode WOW raid.

Nice random personal attack, though.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Taclism.2406 said:

Snip

(speaking of which I'm curious if we'll have a wave of threads when the daily goal "do a strike mission" comes up)

That wont ever be a daily since I already had this exact thing as a weekly on my core accounts.

Finding nice commanders leting me join as core 2-5k dps class and do Old lions court was not an easy task.

I did tank green tho as to not be a total leech.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Sad 1