Glad to see it's not just me

Hex.2840

I'm somewhat new to the game and I picked up warrior first, got them to 80 and then leveled 3 more characters to 80 (been having a blast with them) but I've been doing the entire story on my warrior as well as 100% the map and......they just feel awful compared to my other characters. Maybe it's because I'm in the Tower of Nightmares idk but it just feels like such garbage to play. Then I thought maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe I got some bad info on how to build my warrior but nope. So I came to the forums and lo and behold the Warrior sections immediately confirms my suspicions.3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

yea, i understand, i've had the same feeling when i started the game with warrior

now i just cope with it.

there were many challenges which you can basically cheese or skip for newer players using mechanics like stealth/teleport/ranged AoE/AI/AoE reflect/self rez utilities

which warrior has none.

Edited by Lighter.5631

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

Letz be fair..... I got no idea what you even talk about.... I litterly done everything in this Game just with warr without real Problems (besides maybe bosses in Strikes/raids/fractals that are Made for ranged classes)

This hurt to read

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, CSArmory.8319 said:

I'm somewhat new to the game and I picked up warrior first, got them to 80 and then leveled 3 more characters to 80 (been having a blast with them) but I've been doing the entire story on my warrior as well as 100% the map and......they just feel awful compared to my other characters. Maybe it's because I'm in the Tower of Nightmares idk but it just feels like such garbage to play. Then I thought maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe I got some bad info on how to build my warrior but nope. So I came to the forums and lo and behold the Warrior sections immediately confirms my suspicions.3

Warrior is easy to pick up but hard to be effective with in competitive scenarios, because it's built to hit things that dont dodge. 

That being said, it can still do very well in PVE content, because mobs often don't dodge. We're mostly talking about PVP/competitive issues here, but mobs/PVE content is very doable. play around with your build and weapons, try to analyze why you're having trouble, and rebuild if necessary. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

On 8/26/2023 at 11:22 AM, Myror.7521 said:

Letz be fair..... I got no idea what you even talk about.... I litterly done everything in this Game just with warr without real Problems (besides maybe bosses in Strikes/raids/fractals that are Made for ranged classes)

In competitive modes Warrior has a good deal of difficulty. Fight any player worth their salt in PvP/WvW and it can be a genuine struggle to output damage and upkeep buffs/boons from traits and otherwise because they are all reliant upon the "on hit" stipulation for our Burst skills. This isn't an issue in PvE, like at all, because bosses don't have the same kinds of things the majority of other classes do; blocks, dodges, evade skills, invulns and blinds. Every other class has any combination of these in fairly large quantities which means all they need to do is press one of those many buttons the moment they see our highly telegraphed CCs and burst skills to negate the entirety of the benefits of our profession mechanic.

This isn't to say Warrior is entirely incapable of beating other classes, they are, but the effort expended to do so is much greater than other classes have to put out. Warrior is easy to pick up, even in competitive modes (at the lower end) but it is extremely difficult to master because it lacks the same kinds of tools every other class has minus Thief, but Thief also has tons of access to stealth and god-tier mobility.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 8:22 AM, Myror.7521 said:

Same here map completion including SOTO and about 75% of it's masteries. I'm just too lazy to go 100% map completion on my other classes so I just stuck with mastery and way points on those.

But allot of the other classes feel pretty cheesy (no harm intended), and most players know it with some having no problem with the cheese until the wrong person take advantage of the cheesiness.

To be honest most of warrior's faults in pvp comes from folks moaning and groaning in the forums complaining how they can't deal with warriors and even gripes as asinine "they're too good in pve" to justify a nerf in competitive game modes. I'll be more than happy to post just posts and the glee the poster showed when their plan succeeded.

Edited by Widebody.5071

3 hours ago, Widebody.5071 said:

To be honest most of warrior's faults in pvp comes from folks moaning and groaning in the forums complaining how they can't deal with warriors and even gripes as asinine "they're too good in pve" to justify a nerf in competitive game modes.

Oh look ! We are officially the least played class in instanced pve content ! We take the crown from the multiple patch champion elementalist ! Isn't that great.

On 8/26/2023 at 4:36 PM, CSArmory.8319 said:

So I came to the forums and lo and behold the Warrior sections immediately confirms my suspicions.3

Unfortunately, if you read each subforum, every single profession believe that they are the one that have it the worst.

Keep these 2 things in mind:

• The forum represent the vocale minority (and it's also true for community driven statistics: wingman site).
  • Each profession/e-spec gameplay can fit someone just like it can be a poor fit for someone else.

There is probably 2 reasons you find playing warrior harder than your alt:

• You have already experienced the content with your warrior (doing the same content another time is always easier than pioneering it).
  • You're build could be improved.
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, WeshGros.9043 said:

Oh look ! We are officially the least played class in instanced pve content ! We take the crown from the multiple patch champion elementalist ! Isn't that great.

Not with me... Me and mine does everything together if we fail oh well we're still a team.

That sound's kind of weird huh? 🤔

Edited by Widebody.5071
  • Like 1

You're going to have different play styles for each profession and it takes a bit of time to shift gears and acclimate to that profession style.

The main issue I really have as a warrior is it's downed skills suck. Others feel like they have a bit more utility when they go down but warrior is probably just going to stay down unless you rally.

But it plays straight forward. I hit stuff and it dies while I typically don't die. Even in glass gear, is not often I have no time to react. I've played stuff like Mesmer and Ranger and sometimes those downs happen super quick. 

16 hours ago, WeshGros.9043 said:

it has been lowest in general PvE for years, wingman only showed uploaded organized instanced runs, and warrior does decent with numbers and had banner.

but for fun and open world and everything else, it's already the least played for years.

which is why, i assume, warrior got like 4 trait lines reworked and utilitiy reworks, but still far from enough, funnily enough and some rework is trash like the rifle one.

but as some one who's completely unbiased, condi zerker now is super strong and actually has the highest skill ceiling and skill floor in the history of PvP warrior.

for a very long time, every time warrior had a decent build, people just flock to it for how easy it is to perform and wrecking people without the build being even top meta, and had it hard nerfed in 1 month. but this time, this build i don't see people flock to it much because it actually demands skills. this is actually the strongest warrior build in years, because it does not get nerfed in 1 month due to people flocking to it.

so i'm very happy, but i still want a roamer build and power build of the same level for warrior

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

it has been lowest in general PvE for years, wingman only showed uploaded organized instanced runs, and warrior does decent with numbers and had banner.

but for fun and open world and everything else, it's already the least played for years.

which is why, i assume, warrior got like 4 trait lines reworked and utilitiy reworks, but still far from enough, funnily enough and some rework is trash like the rifle one.

but as some one who's completely unbiased, condi zerker now is super strong and actually has the highest skill ceiling and skill floor in the history of PvP warrior.

for a very long time, every time warrior had a decent build, people just flock to it for how easy it is to perform and wrecking people without the build being even top meta, and had it hard nerfed in 1 month. but this time, this build i don't see people flock to it much because it actually demands skills. this is actually the strongest warrior build in years, because it does not get nerfed in 1 month due to people flocking to it.

so i'm very happy, but i still want a roamer build and power build of the same level for warrior

To be honest I think its less it "needing skill" and more that its condi and I think most Warriors don't want to play Condi builds.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2023 at 3:26 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

You have already experienced the content with your warrior (doing the same content another time is always easier than pioneering it).

He did the content on the other classes first, but found difficulty doing it with warrior, if I read that correctly.

On 8/28/2023 at 3:26 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

The forum represent the vocale minority (and it's also true for community driven statistics: wingman site).

Hey, don't handwave that.

The wingman site is a fraction of the community willing to seriously engage with endgame content. This is where the stress testing of classes occurs, so their opinion tends to be valuable when you're talking about content that tests your classes. See below.

A large portion of the community never gets to the level of skill required to engage with the content the wingman site aggregates data regarding, but this doesn't mean the minority of the playerbase engaging with the content at this level don't have a point (especially when the barrier for submitting/ generating readable data associated with this content is low). People never discovering rotting floorboards in their basement because they never go to the basement doesn't mean the floorboards aren't rotting. 

On 8/28/2023 at 3:00 AM, WeshGros.9043 said:

This is still hundreds of thousands of players. A conclusion can be drawn. 

Unfortunately, if you read each subforum, every single profession believe that they are the one that have it the worst.

So? One of them is right. Who is it? if you're talking to five people that complain of a headache but one of those people has a bleeding head wound, do you go "well everyone's saying they have an issue so...." 

23 hours ago, Widebody.5071 said:

Not with me... Me and mine does everything together if we fail oh well we're still a team.

You being friends with a player that is playing a class that is less effective doesn't make the class more effective. Playing with friends is nice, but it doesn't ameliorate the faults of the class, just the group response to them. "Just play with friends that will tolerate your build" is a good sentiment to have, but it's ultimately a cop-out that ignores a problem and hopes social groups will too. 

• Thanks 2

And honestly for open world content in a squad of 50 I'll quite often be the only warrior, sometimes there'll be another very rarely a 3rd.

Granted these are my experiences. I've also been told for raids for condi I may want to look into something else that doesn't have so many weapon stows as part of the meta rotation.

Edited by Red Haired Savage.5430

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

He did the content on the other classes first, but found difficulty doing it with warrior, if I read that correctly.

Here is their first sentence:

On 8/26/2023 at 4:36 PM, CSArmory.8319 said:

I'm somewhat new to the game and I picked up warrior first

Edited by Dadnir.5038

12 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Here is their first sentence:

I'm somewhat new to the game and I picked up warrior first

"Got them to 80" could just be a level 80 boost, especially if they're new. People don't really have to play the PvE content through to get level 80 out of the gate. I'm talking about this.

I've been doing the entire story on my warrior as well as 100% the map and......they just feel awful compared to my other characters. 

Which implies they tried the content on other characters first, or in tandem.  Iunno, could be wrong. 

15 hours ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

To be honest I think its less it "needing skill" and more that its condi and I think most Warriors don't want to play Condi builds.

Give me condi Bladesworn, i'll play it.

I like the change to the Daredevil dodge depending on which master trait you take. There, change dragonslash to dragon Thousands Cuts if you select the condi master trait and apply condi. If we're going weeb, let's go full weeb.

Edited by WeshGros.9043

38 minutes ago, WeshGros.9043 said:

Give me condi Bladesworn, i'll play it.

I like the change to the Daredevil dodge depending on which master trait you take. There, change dragonslash to dragon Thousands Cuts if you select the condi master trait and apply condi. If we're going weeb, let's go full weeb.

I'm not opposed to more build options, I just think that condi main Warriors are not so common as say a condi main Necromancer or condi main Mesmer, which I think would typically relate to the usual stereotype of these archetypes in many games; i.e Warriors are the "power hitters" big damage, melee weapon masters and such and then Mages/Wizards being the spellcasters using spells to deal damage over time or with big explosions from a range. The latter are usually the ones applying things like burns or poisons or electricity or sickly effects like diseases and curses (Warlocks and Necromancers, "dark" casters).

I know people will play, do play, condi based melee/hybrid builds (look at Rangers...especially that immob spam) I just think it is far, far less common on Warriors because its not exactly an expectation most people have for them outside of a couple of bleed effects such as Rend or Deep Wounds on Arms Warriors in WoW just as an example.

Personally I know I don't gravitate towards Warriors because I see them as these fiends DoTing people to death, that just isn't the general perception with the class or archetype. Just like how if people normally play the Paladin archetype or adjacent in games, mix of healing, heavy armor and melee they would absolutely gravitate towards and have certain expectations of Guardian which...all of which get fulfilled and its strong.

Also @Azure The Heartless.3261I'm aware of their condi weapons, so I know. Its a bit multi-faceted, as are many many things.

Edited by KryTiKaL.3125

On 8/26/2023 at 11:22 AM, Myror.7521 said:

@Myror.7521

First off dude, half of your posts are complaining how bad various things on Warrior are. So I guess if you're trolling here, A-Tier job.

---

b) Yeah Warrior's pretty unsupported at this point. You can "use it" in PvE but that's about it. No 1h mid-range weapon. Gunsaber projectiles don't peirce & don't hit siege and all go different ranges, 26 unused Traits, 30+ Unused Skills, etc.

I advise all newer players who are interested' in Warrior to just switch to Guard or Rev. They're basically just jacked, magical Warriors. But with a modern kit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/28/2023 at 9:07 AM, Widebody.5071 said:

You being friends with a player that is playing a class that is less effective doesn't make the class more effective. Playing with friends is nice, but it doesn't ameliorate the faults of the class, just the group response to them. "Just play with friends that will tolerate your build" is a good sentiment to have, but it's ultimately a cop-out that ignores a problem and hopes social groups will too. 

Edited 7 hours ago by Azure The Heartless.3261 

When I say me and mine, the mine I'm referring to is my warrior being on my team, that's why i typed "That sound's kind of weird huh? 🤔". I'm usually a solo player less drama that way. Stop doing guilds due to the fact someone always bring politics into the mix. be it agism, racism, sexism, wanting to hog all the attention or the good old my way or no way. Plus watching zerg play videos really turned me off with all the screaming and yelling it screws up my game experience... the voices don't match the action that's going on.

My bad for not being more clear on my earlier post. But no it's not a cop-out just sharing my experience of playing the game the way I like to, which is what you should do and stop worrying about what everyone else does.

To each his/her own!

Edited by Widebody.5071

@TyrantPuppy.1893 Well First off...... All I ever complaining about is with PvP in mind most of the time. Cause you know? It would still be garbage tier (on power build) without Sword offhand using its PvE Version. 

Besides this..... most things i am just talking about is not complaining but conclutions to how warr would be ways better to play. Thats just a bit of a difference ^^

16 hours ago, Widebody.5071 said:
When I say me and mine, the mine I'm referring to is my warrior being on my team, that's why i typed "That sound's kind of weird huh? 

Yes, this is what I assumed.

My bad for not being more clear on my earlier post. But no it's not a cop-out just sharing my experience of playing the game the way I like to, which is what you should do and stop worrying about what everyone else does.

You misunderstand me. I wasn't calling your experience a cop-out. I was calling it a cop out to leave design disparity unaddressed as a game dev under the expectation that everyone will have a mindset similar to this one.

• Confused 1