SOO is basically a new Living World Season, not an expansion

It got launched in a very rough, unfinished shape, with barely any content to do, and repackaged some old systems as new features.

For €25 what we end up getting is the equivalent of 2 Living World episodes worth of content, which is €5 in value.

"But... they'll release more content down the line. They already posted their road map!"

Let's see here... the next "content" update comes in 3 months from the release of this one. We get small pieces... a single map... a new boss or strike per update?... kitten... where have I seen this before?  It's almost like... it's an episode... of a Living World season.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

They've definitely put themselves under pressure here.  If they slip on delivery times, after having charged us for the xpac, they will burn a ton of players who will likely go find something else or not fall for the same thing next August.   Only time will tell.   

These guys are just trying to keep the lights on so I preordered this one.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, illuminati.8453 said:

They've definitely put themselves under pressure here.  If they slip on delivery times, after having charged us for the xpac, they will burn a ton of players who will likely go find something else or not fall for the same thing next August.   Only time will tell.   

These guys are just trying to keep the lights on so I preordered this one.  

Guess you missed this line in the blogpost.

The story that launches today will continue over the next three major releases (roughly one major release per quarter)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure-launches-today/

So yea they are not under pressure at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Honestly I dont think that $25 is too much for a couple of LW episodes worth of content (in terms of quantity). Of course if you dont like what is delivered that can change things for you personally. Where I live that $25 would get you a ticket to see a two hour movie and small popcorn. A .5L bottle of water would cost another $6.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ixon.2496 said:

Soon™

Players have a right to be skeptical, especially anyone who's followed the WvW side of the game. Promises, lack of information and underdelivering. 

100% agreed.

Any customer should maintain a healthy level of skepticism in their dealings with a company.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, illuminati.8453 said:

They are under pressure to deliver it on time.  It's not done waiting for someone to hit the Release button, they still need to finish the content. 🙂

You do remember that they said before SotO even released they where working on the 3d map already?

Pretty sure they have worked up content to drip fed us for the first quarter and working on the second or even third quarter now.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

it sounds like you don't wanna play this game so don't buy the expansion and go play something else. no one is forcing you to pay for it. "I" really enjoyed the short burst of story and love the fact were touching old stuff. the game just has to many zones now for another expansion worth of zones to feel good. also the second i read and looked at this i went ooo cool its a living world expansion. its not trying to hide that fact.... Kitten....

this game inst wow for ffxiv your meant to spend months clearing kitten. this isnt race to world first get everything done as fast as possible. If you want that check out world of warcraft theres lots of turbo gamers there still and all they wanna do is do everything there is to do so theres nothing left to do then complain. you'd fit right in.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

The new "expansion" is basically living world for PvE players, in the past Arenanet foolishly didn't charge a thing for living world even when masteries were present as well as strikes. In actuality you could say that SotO is an expansion due to class features such weapons being used on other non-elite specs (the only real content for WvW). This is in contrast to EoD, PoF, or HoT where you had whole traitlines.

All SotO did was increase the minimum revenue.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You do remember that they said before SotO even released they where working on the 3d map already?

Pretty sure they have worked up content to drip fed us for the first quarter and working on the second or even third quarter now.

That's what they said about post EoD LS chapters around EoD release date. Turns out we've had to wait a whole year for the first (and only) map of that LS. Already knowing the rest of LS got cancelled. Turns out them already working on something is not a guarantee of finishing it on time. Or of finishing it at all.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2