Rise and Shine achievement #32 [Merged]

12 hours ago, Krexen.9057 said:

Throwing my name into the hat of people stuck on this one. The skyscale clings to everything, I can't make the jumps in time. I've made 20 runs at this thing already.

I figured it out. You hop with the skyscale by tapping spacebar. Don't hold space and take flight. You hop on the first three on the upper level, drop down to the second level and hop on the 4 carts then up onto the level ground. There is two on the ground to run along and then hop down to one more cart below you. Chest pops after that. 

Happily, none of the foxes in Amnytas are this difficult. 

• Like 3

It took me a few tries to get it. Like a lot of people I thought "ah Skyscale" - but I found that wasn't the best way to do it. Rather than use skyscale use Glide instead.

From the top cart glide down to each successive cart. Next drop down and glide to the 1st one in the next lowest sequence, you can glide to the next two as well since theyre lower. The next one I used Skyscale to fly up to it. The next few checkpoints are on the cliiff top so theyre easy to run over. The last one is quite a way down so dismount from sksycale and glide down to it. In each case as you're gliding towards the target cart cancel glide and drop onto the top of the cart as you are directly over the cart.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Andy.5981 said:

Rather than use skyscale use Glide instead.

Thanks for the info. Gliding is way more precises and not so clunkly.

From the top cart glide down to each successive cart. Next drop down and glide to the 1st one in the next lowest sequence, you can glide to the next two as well since theyre lower.

Well, you haven't revealed all your secrets, have you? 😇

I was never able to glide to the second of the two, I always arrived too low, so I had to use my jade bot gliding booster to arrive at the second of the two carts.

The next one I used Skyscale to fly up to it.

I can fly up and arrive at the cart in time but skyscale clinges to something and checkpoint does not register. Any tips on how to arrive at the cart without skyscale-clinging? Thanks.

BTW: 

Who at Anet actually thought it would be a good idea to put a ley line very close by that would pull you away if you weren't careful when flying around it?

And who at Anet actually thought it would be a good idea to hold a boss event nearby regularly/often? When this event happens, my ping doesn't increase, but the flight somehow becomes less precise, so i guess there may be side effects on the server.

• Like 3

On 8/28/2023 at 12:54 PM, Yarroway.9127 said:

I figured it out. You hop with the skyscale by tapping spacebar. Don't hold space and take flight.

Do you have a video or something? Because if I just hop I can not get from cart to cart, my hops are way too short. and hoppingt in the air results in flying/hovering. 

Where do you target the carts, so the skyscale does not clinge?

I got a lot further with gliding because that's more precise for me. I just have to mount skyscale before the last cart, because it goes up to it, and then the skyscale always gets stuck/clings when it arrives at the last cart.

Thanks.

On 8/31/2023 at 11:17 AM, Zok.4956 said:

Thanks for the info. Gliding is way more precises and not so clunkly.

Well, you haven't revealed all your secrets, have you? 😇

I was never able to glide to the second of the two, I always arrived too low, so I had to use my jade bot gliding booster to arrive at the second of the two carts.

I can fly up and arrive at the cart in time but skyscale clinges to something and checkpoint does not register. Any tips on how to arrive at the cart without skyscale-clinging? Thanks.

BTW: 

Who at Anet actually thought it would be a good idea to put a ley line very close by that would pull you away if you weren't careful when flying around it?

And who at Anet actually thought it would be a good idea to hold a boss event nearby regularly/often? When this event happens, my ping doesn't increase, but the flight somehow becomes less precise, so i guess there may be side effects on the server.

Think I did use the Jade bot glide boost as well. Think its a bit of pot luck hitting that cart without the Skyscale clinging on, which is a nuisance.

• Thanks 1

It took me 2 days to finally get this achievements.   I used the skyscale for the 1st cart than had to glide to the others.  When you go down to the ones underneath, on the 3rd one you have to use your skyscale again.    It is kinda of annoying and frustrating to have this towards the end of the achievement and again took me 2 days of frustration to get this.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 12:17 PM, Zok.4956 said:

My solution was to dismount so the checkpoint registers and then glide to the cliff.

Here is my way how I finally made it. I've tried to use the Sykscale as little as possible because it keeps getting stuck somewhere and then the circle doesn't register. And because the Skyscale is so sluggish, time is running out quickly.

I found gliding much more relaxed and precise.

#1,#2,#3 (top row) gliding, then gliding and dropping to first cart in bottom row (#4), gliding to #5, gliding (with Jade Bot Glide Booster to increase height) to #6, then mount skyscale and fly to #7, at/above #7 dismount immediately (so it counts and skyscale clinging is ignored), then gliding to the cliff (#8), running to #9 and then gliding and falling down to the last cart #10.

Hope this helps.

9 hours ago, gashen.3874 said:

i,m having as much trouble with 35, i can,t find any way to do this one as well as 32.  CRAZY

Yes - I had trouble doing that as well. Anet shortened the times on these hopping ones.  so you have to be fast, and it helps to know the pathing. On the second column (counting the spot where you start as the first) I rose to the height vertically before getting there. If you don't, you will hit the side of the column first and bounce off, and that screws up the timing as well.  If you like, use skyscale skill 7 to make sure you can gain the full height that you need. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Yes, it can take a minute or two if you are not tooo familiar with jumping and combining glider and/or the mount. Most annoying one I found was - cause I tried to search them for myself - the #11 because the hint there incorrectly pointed to a different location.

Well the labeling on several of these is pretty sloppy.  Northeast Island? That's Stargaze Ridge. Seems like that's what they called it in development and forgot to change the text when they finalized its name in the release to something else.

There is one where the "northeast island" fits. The only other one though. And I think the POI name is hinted there as well. (Tower of Akeem or some other name?) It is the one very high up more to the north, north of the ridge. That is why I had assumed the other one there as well when then the description acutally refered to the Stargaze Ridge and they used "eastern ridge" for that I think - in other numbers.

For the one with checkpoints near the starter area I had to do a 2nd try. Cause I faced in the wrong direction and it took me too long to find the next one. (Small path between the buildings.) Other than that easy. The 35 I also did not find hard. First time I think I also had wrong directions at some point. When you know the way it is not that hard. With the correct mount and/or skill combinatoins and gliding (people suggested this for the 32 already in OP) ... I found this pretty easy. (Unless you are trying to avoid the jumping in all areaas of the game - there are far harder things in the jumping puzzles.)

Mastery might help and/or picking up the orbs that refill endurance. (+ give some exp and I think static charges in that map)

i have to repeat myself here, all watch the ayin maiden video and see her do it all on skyscale never once does it cling to any of the carriages and she sails thru it. something not quitr right with it all, there are any number of people that fail this because of the skyscale clinging to the carriages or what ever. how come her skyscale breezes thru it are we all missing something.

• Like 1

Spend so much time on the mine cart one. Can't get it done, tried with skyskale, griffon and without. This one isnt fair, bubbles disappear way to soon. And then that annoying Ley-line near. I gave this one up for the time being. But after all the time spending to find the others and then get stuck on this last one?? Very demotivating.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/6/2023 at 10:48 AM, Zok.4956 said:

My solution was to dismount so the checkpoint registers and then glide to the cliff.

Here is my way how I finally made it. I've tried to use the Sykscale as little as possible because it keeps getting stuck somewhere and then the circle doesn't register. And because the Skyscale is so sluggish, time is running out quickly.

I found gliding much more relaxed and precise.

#1,#2,#3 (top row) gliding, then gliding and dropping to first cart in bottom row (#4), gliding to #5, gliding (with Jade Bot Glide Booster to increase height) to #6, then mount skyscale and fly to #7, at/above #7 dismount immediately (so it counts and skyscale clinging is ignored), then gliding to the cliff (#8), running to #9 and then gliding and falling down to the last cart #10.

Hope this helps.

Good Lord, all that for 1 mastery points plus 34 others. No thanks, I have accepted I will not complete this one. Time and age comes for us all. I'm a programmer (not games) myself, I see it for what it is, just meanspirited. The populous effect. It is their world and making us struggle and suffer amuses them. Sad really. Thank you both for trying, folks like you are what keeps me playing. In spite of the little tin gods.

God bless, and again thank you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1