Astral Ward: Do I need to keep it?

I made the first piece of 6, and banked it. I have 2 purified Kryptis Essences lined up for two more pieces, working on collecting essences for the remaining 3. I noticed when I got my light chest piece, it unlocked the medium and heavy for the achievement.

I'm wondering if we will need to hold onto each of the pieces we're making for crafting the legendary version? I'm guessing yes, only because why then have 18 pieces to craft rather than 6 'non-descript' pieces that don't specify a weight type?

I suppose we don't know for sure, but wanted to check. Bank space is getting tight again, probably need to do another hoarder audit soon.

41 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

If AN has learned anything from boreal weapons fiasco, one could imagine it should not be required any further.

But me being paranoid and stuff I intend to keep mine until I am done with legendary armor crafting 🙂

And because of the boreal weapons. I will store mine, until i know for absolute certainty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

You shouldn't need to, as it's counting the unlocked skins for the achievement.

Oh we totally shouldn't need to.  Odds are we don't.  But it's not 100% certain, so I'll be holding onto mine as they are made.  I won't even equip it just yet.  I would love for Anet to outright tell us "you only need to make 6 pieces and get collection credit for the 18 skins, the physical armor can safely be worn or salvaged, and you will not need to make all 18 pieces to make all the legendary armor."  Unless they do, though, I am playing it very safe.  I will make the heavy pieces first since I want the heavy legendary first, then size up making light and medium based on the information available once I'm at that point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1