Please don't nerf One Wolf Pack

Silvoshipnos.2089

Power staff soulbeast is very fun, strong and it's almost certainly going to be nerfed. Please don't nerf it by changing One Wolf Pack, it's good as it is. If it has to be nerfed do it by reducing the number of ticks of damage that the staff does. Maintain its damage output, it's not excessive, just make it so that it doesn't trigger the elite so much .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

This is the exact issue many of us could foresee coming when they opened up all weapons.

I say they compare staff burst to LB rapid fire and balance from there.  Since staff is an auto (and not a CD skill like rapid fire) they could decrease the power coefficient a bit to bring it in line--I don't think touching the rate of fire is a good idea because it's primary a healing weapon if not used on memebeast.  

I'd be more in favor of reducing OWP to its PvE equivalent but upping the damage of all weapons to compensate, as a lot of them are underperforming damage wise already.  

It may actually be fine though, as I haven't seen staff used literally anywhere outside of the meme WvW montages.  Even in sPvP right now it isn't used as the rest of the kit is all control so not very useful outside some very niche builds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

OWP Staff autos aren't even in the same ballpark of damage output as landing Barrage + Rapid Fire + OWP.

If they nerf OWP, it won't have anything to do with Staff performance.

Don't think including barrage damage helps with this test as it's an additional skill you have to use just to keep pace with an auto.  That, and most times targets are moving out of it so you will not see the benefit.

Even if you leave it at just rapid fire vs. staff auto it's still a CD skill vs. an auto-attack; with quickness staff auto with OWP is very close to rapid fire with OWP because your rapid fire channel ends way before OWP runs out, so get far more use out of staff AA.

I'm also not 100% sure but think staff does not qualify as a projectile, so reflect won't work on it (block may though?).  This puts it at a distinct advantage over rapid fire.  

I don't know if any of this triggers a nerf though because both competitive environments are obsessed with different things, and power staff isn't one of them. 

That is, in PvE hammer way better because it sustained dmg, in WvW roaming is condi bunker world and burst of any kind really doesn't matter, zerging is full melee, and in sPVP they are way, way too preoccupied with swords, boards, and birds atm.

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 9/5/2023 at 8:51 PM, Silvoshipnos.2089 said:

Power staff soulbeast is very fun, strong and it's almost certainly going to be nerfed. Please don't nerf it by changing One Wolf Pack, it's good as it is. If it has to be nerfed do it by reducing the number of ticks of damage that the staff does. Maintain its damage output, it's not excessive, just make it so that it doesn't trigger the elite so much .

No way, so many aspects of rangers had to be toned down already since the release of SB just to keep SB in check.

We all know staff alone is no where near OP for a power build. OWP is the problem. Staff OWP is a fun meme build but if they are going to balance it, nerfing OWP is definitely healthier for ranger builds overall.

• Confused 4

17 hours ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

Nerfs were fair and needed.

Needed, maybe, the PvP forums can only hold so much salt.

Fair...? Probably not.  More like CMC on a water break browsing the wiki for how to balance ranger in the most ineffective way possible, considering for 90% of the playerbase soulbeast still outperforms every other ranger spec by miles regardless of what random nerfs are done to it.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

Nerfs were fair and needed.

Yup soulbeast is basically tumor to the rest of the ranger class. Bloated stats, incredible defensive utilities, insane offensive utilities, "immortal" pet. Ranger class as a whole can't have nice things cuz soulbeast exists.

If they ever want to fix ranger class, they need to start off by nerfing soulbeast. I'll admit it'd be really painful to watch cuz I play mainly soulbeast myself, but it'll be good for rangers long term.

Edited by kiwituatara.6053
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

We have seen core ranger skills (and now staff as well) get nerfed because of Soulbeast. This is due to the incredible damage output from its ability to stack stats through merging with pet, access to Sic Em, and OWP. All I’m saying is Anet should nerfing skills/traits that are exclusive to Soulbeast instead of making the rest of ranger specs suffer.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Aigaion.7981 said:

Yes please nerf ranger. Enough of this no skill one shot class that makes PvP and WvW and absolute aids party. 

14 hours ago, Aigaion.7981 said:

Which really is the case most of the time. I haven't seen any other ranger than Soulbests in PvP lately, appart from the usual bot who is core. I mean, let's please stop pretending that Soulbeast is an okay class when really every low-IQ cavetroll plays it because it requires only two braincells even if they are fried. 

You really have to learn the difference between 'spec' and 'class', otherwise you are just confusing yourself and the rest of us.

I also don't know what tier of sPvP you play in, but I currently only play Druid in g3+; I can hold g2-g3 with Untamed as I don't really have a build in mind to stay g3+ with Untamed--working on one though. 

As far as WvW goes, soulbeast is a complete non-factor.  I constantly roam in T1 NA WvW and have never been troubled by a soulbeast because armor stats and defenses make the soulbeast burst pretty worthless at current time.  

Anyway, to clarify my earlier point:

19 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Fair...? Probably not.  More like CMC on a water break browsing the wiki for how to balance ranger in the most ineffective way possible, considering for 90% of the playerbase soulbeast still outperforms every other ranger spec by miles regardless of what random nerfs are done to it.  

What I meant is not that soulbeast is OP and outperforms, rather that its mechanics make it outperform--chiefly removal of the pet.  Nerfing soulbeast or not does nothing to change this, they need to rework pets to make the other specs viable.  

They won't do this as it requires actual dev work unlike number changes.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You really have to learn the difference between 'spec' and 'class', otherwise you are just confusing yourself and the rest of us.

I also don't know what tier of sPvP you play in, but I currently only play Druid in g3+; I can hold g2-g3 with Untamed as I don't really have a build in mind to stay g3+ with Untamed--working on one though. 

As far as WvW goes, soulbeast is a complete non-factor.  I constantly roam in T1 NA WvW and have never been troubled by a soulbeast because armor stats and defenses make the soulbeast burst pretty worthless at current time.  

Anyway, to clarify my earlier point:

What I meant is not that soulbeast is OP and outperforms, rather that its mechanics make it outperform--chiefly removal of the pet.  Nerfing soulbeast or not does nothing to change this, they need to rework pets to make the other specs viable.  

They won't do this as it requires actual dev work unlike number changes.  

This is gw2 pvp community were talking about so..... any ranger pet that is effective or has a meaningful and/or positive impact in any of rangers combat encounters will be deemed op. Any reworks to any pets giving pets a favorable impact on the rangers combat will 100% result in constant x pet is broken pls delete from game threads all over the forums, which will result I'm said pets being nerfed into uselessness in the near or distant future. So why bother really lol.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This is gw2 pvp community were talking about so..... any ranger pet that is effective or has a meaningful and/or positive impact in any of rangers combat encounters will be deemed op. Any reworks to any pets giving pets a favorable impact on the rangers combat will 100% result in constant x pet is broken pls delete from game threads all over the forums, which will result I'm said pets being nerfed into uselessness in the near or distant future. So why bother really lol.

Possibly, but they could at least fix obvious response time issues like the Land Shark.  I realize EoD pets had this issue and were fixed like six months later, so tentatively hopeful its fixed in the Sept. patch if not the next balance cycle.

Interestingly, the latest soulbeast nerfs didn't target the useful pet in smokescale but the FoTM one in Boar (just like before with Drake).  So the devs are either learning to let some pets be or are just simply ignoring some of the salt.  

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 1:07 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

What I meant is not that soulbeast is OP and outperforms, rather that its mechanics make it outperform--chiefly removal of the pet.

This is the crux of the issue. The pet class performs significantly better without a pet because pets have garbage AI. I love micromanaging critters and always had some kind of pet or minion class as my main in every game I played so I'm used to wrangling NPCs with less than stellar controls and pathing but the pets in this game are among the worst I have ever dealt with. I enjoy playing base ranger and untamed in open world but for anything more serious I need to bring out the soulbeast. There's no way to fix that issue without reworking pets.