Please don't nerf One Wolf Pack

Silvoshipnos.2089

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 10:04 PM, sewenewes.4176 said:

This is the crux of the issue. The pet class performs significantly better without a pet because pets have garbage AI. I love micromanaging critters and always had some kind of pet or minion class as my main in every game I played so I'm used to wrangling NPCs with less than stellar controls and pathing but the pets in this game are among the worst I have ever dealt with. I enjoy playing base ranger and untamed in open world but for anything more serious I need to bring out the soulbeast. There's no way to fix that issue without reworking pets.

The issue is the ranger can't have pets that significantly aid the ranger, atleast in pvp modes because the forums and less so reddit would be flooded with ranger pets are op threads as anyone who lost a fight to ranger where the ranger pet significantly effected the outcome the player would immediately log into the forums or reddit to start a pet op thread. Most mmo's have this as well but for some reason gw2 seems to really attract these players, they are new or kno very little about classes thwy don't play and when lose to the other classes claim their op and offer ideas that clearly show their lack of knowledge and/or just want class deleted.

My guess is devs kno this and just want to avoid the annoyance, as they'd just end up having to spend time and resources to neerf the pets continually until the whining stops which results in useless pets. So we may as well just be grateful for the pets as they are unfortunately.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

anyone who lost a fight to ranger where the ranger pet significantly effected the outcome the player would immediately log into the forums or reddit to start a pet op thread

I lost a fight to a thief last month. As he was piling siege on my body, my gazelle ran over to him and downed him just before Lick Wounds was ready.

Considering the amount of vitriol I got in whispers, I can imagine how bad the forums would be if pets were over-buffed.

Besides a few bugs, pets are fine for roaming and small scale. They do, however, need a buff to survivability in zergs.

Edited by psizone.8437
grammar
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, psizone.8437 said:

I lost a fight to a thief last month. As he was piling siege on my body, my gazelle ran over to him and downed him just before Lick Wounds was ready.

Considering the amount of vitriol I got in whispers, I can imagine how bad the forums would be if pets were over-buffed.

Besides a few bugs, pets are fine for roaming and small scale. They do, however, need a buff to survivability in zergs.

Gazelle booped the annoying teef with her snoot. Glad she also rezzed you :3

• Haha 3

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Thron Stal.9367 said:

Because my son, it is getting worse, why have armor at all?

The more armor you have, the lower the strike damage you receive.

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient)/(target's Armor)

There is a big difference of damage done to and opponent with 2k armor and and opponent with 3.2k armor. Beyond that, you have to manage your active defense in such a way that you can face properly an eventual burst from your foe. And, without a doubt, OWP is a burst component.

7 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The more armor you have, the lower the strike damage you receive.

I'd argue this is a theoretical now.  

Like, yes, the math has been there from the start, but boons can make you survive way longer on literally nothing as long as you aren't getting stripped.  

That being said, I have no idea what Thron is getting at--are we saying OWP still has too much burst? Or that it needs more burst? Also how do you slot OWP on Untamed?

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2024 at 10:14 AM, Thron Stal.9367 said:
On 9/23/2023 at 7:31 AM, kiwituatara.6053 said:

I would love to know how you slot OWP on untamed

I thinks the point you missed is... why have any armor?

Imagine having the profile image of the class that can slot overheat and complaining about the power damage of ranger

• Confused 1