Your most hated specs to fight against?

Grand Marshal.4098

8 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

Maybe not 90 % but every time someone brings up a chart thief is super low. Their argument still stands, your argument is weak and your anger at the end is cringy but out of place. Who's asking for what when a squad is forming? 

Yeah, thief focuses on high single target damage and is boring to a lot of people including me, that's the whole point, people play very different things and many are not that concerned what is meta/op/broken/fotm... hell scourge is so busted in pve right now and you still don't see 90% of players but you still see this stupid argument being brought up... the "argument" was literally "so 90% of people play it", which is empirically wrong, as you yourself admitted, but somehow "their argument still stands" and the facts that i brought up are "weak argument"... that's some thief main logic right there...

the only thing that is cringe is you appearing everywhere where thief is brought up for what it is and acting like it's not - an easy to play, easy to learn, simplistic and forgiving class, that doesn't need to die ever unless you make huge mistakes, that has the best mobility in the game, permanent stealth, can have actual permanent projectile block (not "permanent" like the overexaggeration given around these forums, ACTUALLY permanent!), insane damage both melee and ranged, very high superspeed uptime etc etc etc etc... i know the truth hurts but it is what it is, it has always been like that, unfortunately it will never change... so stop playing dumb and acting like it's not like that!

ps. talking about out of place things... who the hell is talking about forming squads? does this thread really look like OP is talking about zerg vs zerg fights to you? c'mon move that thief brain a little bit at least...

Edited by RazieL.5684
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

9 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

Yep sure and thats why 90% of the playerbase play that class. Oh no.....

I have never been fan of partial points, so you are saying that 90% of the player base plays which class/elite? If you do which one? Nothing wrong with making counter points but after reading this a number of times I am still left I am not sure of your points honestly. It may be its late, and the the blood in my coffee stream is too high. But as others, Chaba/Xen keep it up, have pointed out to me I am not sure that point came across as expected. So forgive me, time is catching up to me, and as I miss some points but do you mind expanding on this detail?

24 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

Yeah, thief focuses on high single target damage and is boring to a lot of people including me, that's the whole point, people play very different things and many are not that concerned what is meta/op/broken/fotm...

RazieL was going to ask you for additional detail as well but you provided it after the single line previous reply...agree different players will find different playstyles of interest or not based on builds. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

Maybe not 90 % but every time someone brings up a chart thief is super low. Their argument still stands, your argument is weak and your anger at the end is cringy but out of place. Who's asking for what when a squad is forming? 

Kash, its 4 Am and alarm goes off in 2 hours, so I apologize it's probably more my mind. But, if you don't mind me asking, trying to follow this one feels like a Philosophy course from 3 decades ago. I think I follow, but to be fair and for us low on sleep and other factors, mind providing more details? 

1 hour ago, RazieL.5684 said:

Yeah, thief focuses on high single target damage and is boring to a lot of people including me, that's the whole point, people play very different things and many are not that concerned what is meta/op/broken/fotm... hell scourge is so busted in pve right now and you still don't see 90% of players but you still see this stupid argument being brought up... the "argument" was literally "so 90% of people play it", which is empirically wrong, as you yourself admitted, but somehow "their argument still stands" and the facts that i brought up are "weak argument"... that's some thief main logic right there...

the only thing that is cringe is you appearing everywhere where thief is brought up for what it is and acting like it's not - an easy to play, easy to learn, simplistic and forgiving class, that doesn't need to die ever unless you make huge mistakes, that has the best mobility in the game, permanent stealth, can have actual permanent projectile block (not "permanent" like the overexaggeration given around these forums, ACTUALLY permanent!), insane damage both melee and ranged, very high superspeed uptime etc etc etc etc... i know the truth hurts but it is what it is, it has always been like that, unfortunately it will never change... so stop playing dumb and acting like it's not like that!

ps. talking about out of place things... who the hell is talking about forming squads? does this thread really look like OP is talking about zerg vs zerg fights to you? c'mon move that thief brain a little bit at least...

What a bunch of QQ. Easiest class? Then go make one and show us on YT or Twitch how easy it is maestro. 🙂

You also don't seem to understand what exaggeration is.

Because what you may not find cool, others find great. Only narcissists on the road who see their own way of playing as the only right way?

Yeah WvW is balanced around Zergs Vs Zergs so maybe false mode for you and Spvp fits better.

Edited by Burial.1958
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Burial.1958 said:

What a bunch of QQ. Easiest class? Then go make one and show us on YT or Twitch how easy it is maestro. 🙂

would have done that if it would shut you up, but we all know that won't happen, right? you will start QQing about the video material or the opponents or my gear or my build or the playstyle or whatnot... the thing is that i know what i'm talking about because i've done it already, with all my 3 hours playtime on thief i might not have "mastered it" and i get such easy kills and then safely just disengage because the class is so easy... and if i kitten up i just do it again...

You also don't seem to understand what exaggeration is.

exaggeration
/ɪɡˌzadʒəˈreɪʃn,ɛɡˌzadʒəˈreɪʃn/
noun
a statement that represents something as better or worse than it really is.

like saying that ele has "permanent projectile reflect" which has happened so many times around here i'm sick of seeing it...

Because what you may not find cool, others find great. Only narcissists on the road who see their own way of playing as the only right way?

who... wha... huh??? what the hell are you even talking about? i never told anyone how to play anything!? what? criticising the class for being easy mode is not telling people what is cool or not... stuff like this is why i usually avoid arguments on these forums...

Yeah WvW is balanced around Zergs Vs Zergs so maybe false mode for you and Spvp fits better.

ok, lets switch the topic to zerg vs zerg... all classes are balanced and nobody cares what they kill because everything dies to aoe bombs at the end... ok so lets not... i'm done here...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/8/2023 at 10:06 PM, Justine.6351 said:

For me it's how the person fights rather than what build they are playing. The ones that attack you and fail and then you end up chasing them all the way back to their tower... the ones that insist you fight them and their t3 iron guard npcs...

Pretty much this but I'll also add in thieves who just sit in stealth nearby and follow you because they can.
Honorable mention to those tanky celestial builds that are like a raid boss but if I'm playing equally cheesy stuff they die anyway.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

would have done that if it would shut you up, but we all know that won't happen, right? you will start QQing about the video material or the opponents or my gear or my build or the playstyle or whatnot... the thing is that i know what i'm talking about because i've done it already, with all my 3 hours playtime on thief i might not have "mastered it" and i get such easy kills and then safely just disengage because the class is so easy... and if i kitten up i just do it again...

So after 3 Hours of playtime you can say it is easy. 🤡  And ofc you know also everything about it. Lets go S/D then with 12k life maestro.

27 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

exaggeration
/ɪɡˌzadʒəˈreɪʃn,ɛɡˌzadʒəˈreɪʃn/
noun
a statement that represents something as better or worse than it really is.

like saying that ele has "permanent projectile reflect" which has happened so many times around here i'm sick of seeing it...

So and we Thief mains are sick of peoples like you who think after 3 Hours they can say everything about the class and QQing because they think WvW is balanced around 1v1. So your a Ele player.....c'mon the class was flavour of the month and one of the biggest Cele Abusers in Roaming to date. So what now? A skilled Ele can literally kill me in 1 sec should i now also QQ and say it is a easy class? What the heck.

30 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

ok, lets switch the topic to zerg vs zerg... all classes are balanced and nobody cares what they kill because everything dies to aoe bombs at the end... ok so lets not... i'm done here...

You are done because you have not yet understand that WvW is not a 1vs1 mode?  🤡

PS: The thief has no use in zergs since Realese. How about that? Is that fair? 😄

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

Yeah, thief focuses on high single target damage and is boring to a lot of people including me, that's the whole point, people play very different things and many are not that concerned what is meta/op/broken/fotm...

So because YOU find that boring it has to go. Understandable. We just all play tanky stuff, dance around and have love because 0 DMG is just so really exciting.  That is why i downloaded this game.

3 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

... hell scourge is so busted in pve right now and you still don't see 90% of players but you still see this stupid argument being brought up... the "argument" was literally "so 90% of people play it"

Yeah because PVE is important for WvW. I understand.

49 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

the thing is that i know what i'm talking about because i've done it already, with all my 3 hours playtime on thief i might not have "mastered it" and i get such easy kills and then safely just disengage because the class is so easy... and if i kitten up i just do it again...

kitten ey then you are really the best player I have ever seen. Better than Drazeh, better than Sindrener, better than Yama. After 3 hours you already know how awesome easy thief is and have said players away with one blow. 0_______O Can you show me how to do that? I'm still dying after 4000 hours on the class.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I have never been fan of partial points, so you are saying that 90% of the player base plays which class/elite? If you do which one? Nothing wrong with making counter points but after reading this a number of times I am still left I am not sure of your points honestly. It may be its late, and the the blood in my coffee stream is too high. But as others, Chaba/Xen keep it up, have pointed out to me I am not sure that point came across as expected. So forgive me, time is catching up to me, and as I miss some points but do you mind expanding on this detail?

The figure was an exaggeration.  Here from Gw 2 Efficiency

• #1 Guardian. 435,261 (12.56%)
  • #2 Necromancer. 419,901 (12.12%)
  • #3 Ranger. 399,266 (11.52%)
  • #4 Warrior. 397,277 (11.46%)
  • #5 Mesmer. 392,524 (11.33%)
  • #6 Thief. 373,179 (10.77%)
  • #7 Elementalist. 366,739 (10.58%)
  • #8 Revenant. 346,484 (10.00%)
  • #9 Engineer 335.080 (9,67 %)
Shows just about the direction.  After own observations thieves are to be found in comparison to other classes rather rarely. Currently, there are also more Revs on the road than thieves in roaming.

The statement you're looking at implies that Raziel's statements make no sense. If the thief were as simple and overpowered as he's trying to make it out to be here, the value should be much higher. However, it's not, simply because his statements are nonsense and reek of confirmation bias and coping. It becomes even clearer when you look at the playing time of the individual classes.

Playtime for every Class

#1 Guardian
146.140.403 Hours (15,75 %)

#2 Necromancer
131.317.554 Hours (14,15 %)

#3 Ranger
123.588.768 Hours(13,32 %)

#4 Warrior
113.281.389 Hours (12,21 %)

#5 Elementalist
107.474.423 Hours (11,58 %)

#6 Mesmer
99.204.684 Hours (10,69 %)

#7 Thief
87.757.319 Hours(9,46 %)

#8 Engineer
67.112.793 Hours (7,23 %)

#9 Revenant (Rev has lowest counter yes, but the class got first introduced in 2015 with HoT Expansion ! Game was rlsed in 2012).
52.039.905 Hours (5,61 %)

Edited by senftube.6081
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

So after 3 Hours of playtime you can say it is easy. 🤡  And ofc you know also everything about it. Lets go S/D then with 12k life maestro.

2 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

you can also play naked if you want, not my problem, what does that have to do with the reality of the class itself? 🤡

So and we Thief mains are sick of peoples like you who think after 3 Hours they can say everything about the class and QQing because they think WvW is balanced around 1v1. So your a Ele player.....c'mon the class was flavour of the month and one of the biggest Cele Abusers in Roaming to date. So what now? A skilled Ele can literally kill me in 1 sec should i now also QQ and say it is a easy class? What the heck.

i never said wvw was balanced around 1v1? nice strawman there... but newsflash you are in a thread literally called "Your most hated specs to fight against?" are you suggesting i should be listing gvg comps or something? that thief main logic again... and yeah 3 hours was enough to see the "complexity" of the class and how unless i kitten up i pretty much never lose against someone at my skill level... but no you think i need to spend 10000 hours on one class to notice there might be a slight issue with it... yeah no, the game is not and should never be balanced around the top 0.0001% of players, now if you want to argue that, that's a different topic

and yeah i play ele, FA weaver usually, i die in 3 hits from a thief and there is pretty much nothing i can do unless they kitten up majorly or catch them off-guard so i can do my burst, but more often than not when i do my burst on a thief i just see EVADE EVADE EVADE EVADE EVADE EVADE EVADE EVADE EVADE EVADE EVADE EVADE and then i'm dead or they just stealth and i never see them again... because some genius at anet decided that the most evasive class in the game should not also be the most mobile so you can't even kite it, but also do a crapton of damage (the other day i was crit for 7 god kitten thousand by a stolen ability from revenant) yet thief players still have the audacity to ask for more damage because they can't 2shot tanks...  🤡🤡🤡🤡 and yeah a skilled ele can kill you in 1sec... if they don't mess up their combo or you are afk... a REALLY skilled ele might even survive until their next opportunity to burst without having to play tanky, but more often that not that's not happening... we both know that's not happening... so why even raise the question?

2 hours ago, Burial.1958 said:

You are done because you have not yet understand that WvW is not a 1vs1 mode?  🤡

PS: The thief has no use in zergs since Realese. How about that? Is that fair? 😄

i am done because all the arguments i have to deal with are just like this one... a non-argument...

ps: there it is again this zerg "argument" that nobody in this thread is talking about but since you have nothing else you repeat it again and again, well now you have specter and you can support in zergs go at it

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

So because YOU find that boring it has to go. Understandable. We just all play tanky stuff, dance around and have love because 0 DMG is just so really exciting.  That is why i downloaded this game.

what are you even talking about? how is your reading comprehension? i said that i don't play thief because i find it boring, i also said that many people feel the same way, how in the name of all that is holy is this confusing to you????? all the 0 dmg i see is when thieves evade everything i throw at them while simultaneously kill me with the same evading  abilities because there is nothing better than avoiding almost all damage while murdering your opponent opens a lot of opportunities for counter play you see...

Yeah because PVE is important for WvW. I understand.

?????????????????????? do you want me to draw it for you? cuz i'm out of crayons... let me try point by point

1. a class is so busted it outperforms the rest by a mile
2. people see that and start playing it for easy rewards regardless of the game mode
3. and yet still there are not 90% of the playerbase playing that one class

does it ring a bell? can you make the correlation how something like that can translate into wvw or do you need me to explain that in more detail? cuz i can't really bother...

kitten ey then you are really the best player I have ever seen. Better than Drazeh, better than Sindrener, better than Yama. After 3 hours you already know how awesome easy thief is and have said players away with one blow. 0_______O Can you show me how to do that? I'm still dying after 4000 hours on the class.

🤡nice argument🤡

yet i wonder how often a thief dies compared to say... an engineer with the same playtime... and we can even include outnumbered situations if you want, cuz we know thief can just perma stealth and port away while the rest of the mortal classes just port to spawn in that case... hell i saw this spellbreaker the other day, was clearly knowledgeable of his class, kited 5 people for a while until he died ofc... if he only made the choice of playing thief he would have survived that with his skill level

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

The statement you're looking at implies that Raziel's statements make no sense. If the thief were as simple and overpowered as he's trying to make it out to be here, the value should be much higher. However, it's not, simply because his statements are nonsense and reek of confirmation bias and coping. It becomes even clearer when you look at the playing time of the individual classes.

talk about biases when you try to defend thief 🤡i literally can't even anymore i'm seriously done with you kids...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Kash, its 4 Am and alarm goes off in 2 hours, so I apologize it's probably more my mind. But, if you don't mind me asking, trying to follow this one feels like a Philosophy course from 3 decades ago. I think I follow, but to be fair and for us low on sleep and other factors, mind providing more details? 

Thief isn't played as much as others.

The point the person they were quoting was easy enough to understand even if you're acting like there's some double meaning. The salt and rage at the end of their own comment didn't help their take hold up any.

If thieves were tormenting everyone as much as people in this forum cry about, they'd be filling groups in squads. People seem to be more frustrated with fighting a different form of mitigation and they conflate that with the lack of answers from their own build choice and approach. If I want to roll around with zergs on my thief I have some choices to make. It's fair enough. 

• Confused 4

9 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Tank roamers gotta tank? 🙂 Stubborn kitten tank roamers lol. Try a dance off, works at times.

Funny thing, I ran into a blood scourge with pets the other day, I kept seeing their health bar fill up with barrier until it was a 50/50 health/barrier bar, I just did a /seinfeldnothanks out of there. 💃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

Thief isn't played as much as others.

The point the person they were quoting was easy enough to understand even if you're acting like there's some double meaning. The salt and rage at the end of their own comment didn't help their take hold up any.

If thieves were tormenting everyone as much as people in this forum cry about, they'd be filling groups in squads. People seem to be more frustrated with fighting a different form of mitigation and they conflate that with the lack of answers from their own build choice and approach. If I want to roll around with zergs on my thief I have some choices to make. It's fair enough. 

No I admit, at the time of posting I really wasn't following along and that was on me, but the posts after clarify. I need to remind myself more when not sleeping when one should, don't go to Forum Wars 2.

5 hours ago, senftube.6081 said:

The figure was an exaggeration.  Here from Gw 2 Efficiency

• #1 Guardian. 435,261 (12.56%)
  • #2 Necromancer. 419,901 (12.12%)
  • #3 Ranger. 399,266 (11.52%)
  • #4 Warrior. 397,277 (11.46%)
  • #5 Mesmer. 392,524 (11.33%)
  • #6 Thief. 373,179 (10.77%)
  • #7 Elementalist. 366,739 (10.58%)
  • #8 Revenant. 346,484 (10.00%)
  • #9 Engineer 335.080 (9,67 %)
Shows just about the direction.  After own observations thieves are to be found in comparison to other classes rather rarely. Currently, there are also more Revs on the road than thieves in roaming.

Playtime for every Class

#1 Guardian
146.140.403 Hours (15,75 %)

#2 Necromancer
131.317.554 Hours (14,15 %)

#3 Ranger
123.588.768 Hours(13,32 %)

#4 Warrior
113.281.389 Hours (12,21 %)

#5 Elementalist
107.474.423 Hours (11,58 %)

#6 Mesmer
99.204.684 Hours (10,69 %)

#7 Thief
87.757.319 Hours(9,46 %)

#8 Engineer
67.112.793 Hours (7,23 %)

#9 Revenant (Rev has lowest counter yes, but the class got first introduced in 2015 with HoT Expansion ! Game was rlsed in 2012).
52.039.905 Hours (5,61 %)

I appreciate the time and clarification. Though I am a big fan of gw2efficiency and recommend it to others in all game modes, I am not sure I would use to it define roamers, but that helps. That said, while roaming, I would agree right now we have a wide mix of roamers. Though I have seen different servers show different mixes so that doesn't rule out some are heavier in one class or another. But I would agree I could not point out a class and say, that one has the most roamers due to the mix we have right now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

I'm not looking for posts where thieves are brought up. They're brought up all of the time in this forum. I'm going to comment on wacky takes. Why wouldn't I?

All of those things you're claiming a thief packs at all times and yet, they're not filling up squads or even dominating other scale encounters or even topping out on the signature aspects people attribute to thieves. The truth does hurt, so instead of calling people dumb, show us examples of the truth. Let's see all of that go down like you claim in a video or something, in different scale fights, and no cherry picked cut up clips from years ago or jumping someone slapping yaks or whatever trying to get their Gifts. Just take a build and give us a good hour maybe.

Edited by kash.9213
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Funny thing, I ran into a blood scourge with pets the other day, I kept seeing their health bar fill up with barrier until it was a 50/50 health/barrier bar, I just did a /seinfeldnothanks out of there. 💃

I admit see a number of Necros when roaming but it is rarer to see them with minions, but odds are good those that are will be playing Asurans, which is not a bad idea. Beware the shark teeth else you will lose a foot without seeing it.

Thief and Willbender because they're so forgiving. But in general the combat of this game is F tier. There is a reason end game instanced pve content is mostly deserted, spvp has nobody playing it and even the more casual wvw is struggling.

The combat in this game is a bunch of people bashing their heads into a wall and the people bashing their heads the most efficiently win. The reality is we all lose because this combat system is flawed in its fundamental design.

The big takeaway of Guild Wars 2 is the open world and how it facilitates players coming together and tackling content. That's it. Everything else you'd much rather be playing any other MMO or a MOBA if we're talking pvp.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

5 hours ago, Leger.3724 said:

But in general the combat of this game is F tier. 

I would disagree here. We wouldn't have so many WvW players still if the combat didn't keep them engaged. It's still a system that keep gamers engaged and actions and decisions impact results.

There is a reason end game instanced pve content is mostly deserted

WvW players are all about the randomness that other player bring, how does this result?

spvp has nobody playing it

That's because they thought that limiting options in spvp was a good idea where as they drove WvW players away from the game mode since it was no longer a build test and training ground for WvW as it once was.

and even the more casual wvw is struggling.

lol, huh!? Causal WvW player are all over the place.

The reality is we all lose because this combat system is flawed in its fundamental design.

This is such a vague statement that I have no idea what you are talking about. Right now I am going to seem to be a kittenhat to you, which I get and will seem to be but I do attempt to get a point, but maybe its too late and I missed it.

The big takeaway of Guild Wars 2 is the open world and how it facilitates players coming together and tackling content. 

Open world is about coming together, WvW though is also the same. Help your server out, and attack theirs. Defend your stuff, take theirs. Good hunting!

• Like 2

My most hated spec to fight is not even cele, not a cele harb, not a warrior or ranger, not even an ele or mirage with their invuls.

It's by far, thief, this class has so much mobility, dodges with DD spec, revealed removal with Dead Eye, instant port bursts and stealth that's insane.

Its the most antifun class of WvW roamming and ANet really needs to adress this class problems, removing the revealed state is dumb, burst out of stealth is dumb, the mobility is insane, who even needs to be tanky when you have such GOOD resources? If a thief died, is because they wanted to, this class has great resources to just not die with all that mobility and stealth.

Yes, other classes can be annoying but at least their mobility is not that insane, even with the mobility powercreep and you don't even need to play a "guess what" game because they just dont have so many stealth resources.

Honestly, teleport + precast bursts AND stealth is clearly unfair, this game should reveal stealthed users that ported or precasted something, and reveal if they miss a hit on a dodging target and reveal if they hit a blocking target.

"But thief is too hard and too skilled, it's harder than other classes, it's nothing without its stealth" -Said the shadow abyss sylvari user. And no, it's not true, stop coping with this dark itachi ego thing 🤧.

As i said, other classes can be annoying but at least they dont have "scopophobia" (fear at being seen), at least i can see them.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

My most hated spec to fight is not even cele, not a cele harb, not a warrior or ranger, not even an ele or mirage with their invuls.

It's by far, thief, this class has so much mobility, dodges with DD spec, revealed removal with Dead Eye, instant port bursts and stealth that's insane.

Its the most antifun class of WvW roamming and ANet really needs to adress this class problems, removing the revealed state is dumb, burst out of stealth is dumb, the mobility is insane, who even needs to be tanky when you have such GOOD resources? If a thief died, is because they wanted to, this class has great resources to just not die with all that mobility and stealth.

Yes, other classes can be annoying but at least their mobility is not that insane, even with the mobility powercreep and you don't even need to play a "guess what" game because they just dont have so many stealth resources.

Honestly, teleport + precast bursts AND stealth is clearly unfair, this game should reveal stealthed user that ported or precasted something, and reveal if they miss a hit on a dodging target and reveal if they hit a blocking target.

"But thief is too hard and too skilled, it's harder than other classes, it's nothing without its stealth" -Said the shadow abyss sylvari user. And no, it's not true, stop coping with this dark itachi ego thing 🤧.

As i said, other classes can be annoying but at least they dont have "scopophobia" (fear at being seen), at least i can see them.

I haven't played my Deadeye in a while. Have Anet re-added reveal removal to the Elite skill?