Can You Do This?

Adry.7512

Hello, so you know how when you have a legendary weapon, you can equip the same weapon twice?? For examples equip two bifrost or two bolts. Am I able to do that with accessories such as rings? So for example let’s say I farm aurora, am I able to double slot/equip that aurora? Thanks for the help.

Edited by Adry.7512
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

you can only wear Aurora in one slot for one toon. 

Ok thank you. So I would need to farm all the legendary jewelry in order to fill up the slots. By any chance, am I able to disable the effects of the legendaries because I only like the first two, really dislike the other ones.

Edited by Adry.7512

3 minutes ago, Adry.7512 said:

Ok thank you. So I would need to farm all the legendary jewelry in order to fill up the slots. By any chance, am I able to disable the effects of the legendaries because I only like the first two, really dislike the other ones.

Yes you can disable the effect for the trinkets.

And no you cant equip 1 legendary bolt and 1 legendary bifrost twice but you will be able to wield 2 bolts and 2 bifrost per character if you have 2 of each unlocked in the armory.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes you can disable the effect for the trinkets.

And no you cant equip 1 legendary bolt and 1 legendary bifrost twice but you will be able to wield 2 bolts and 2 bifrost per character if you have 2 of each unlocked in the armory.

What? No that’s wrong, I have a bolt and a bifrost. I am able to double wield my bolt with no issues and I’ve only ever farmed one.

Edited by Adry.7512
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Adry.7512 said:

Yes, you need 2 rings 2 trikets 1 amulet and 1 backpiece.

I cannot use one Frostfang in 2 hands on same toon same build

Edited by babana.7521
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Adry.7512 said:

What? No that’s wrong, I have a bolt and a bifrost. I am able to double wield my bolt with no issues and I’ve only ever farmed one.

You must be mistaken.  Maybe you have another weapon transmuted to look like Bolt?  If you only have one Bolt unlocked on your account you can use it on as many characters as you like, but you can't use it in both mainhand and offhand simultaneously on the same character or use it in both weapon swap 1 and 2 simultaneously.

As for legendary trinkets I believe the only one you can slot twice is the legendary ring Conflux, but you will need to unlock 2 of them to use the ring in both ring slots.  This is because Conflux is not "unique" where I believe all of the other legendary trinkets are.

Edited by AliamRationem.5172
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

You must be mistaken.  Maybe you have another weapon transmuted to look like Bolt?  If you only have one Bolt unlocked on your account you can use it on as many characters as you like, but you can't use it in both mainhand and offhand simultaneously on the same character or use it in both weapon swap 1 and 2 simultaneously.

As for legendary trinkets I believe the only one you can slot twice is the legendary ring Conflux, but you will need to unlock 2 of them to use the ring in both ring slots.  This is because Conflux is not "unique" where I believe all of the other legendary trinkets are.

Uh oh I guess I’ve been gone so long that I forgot. I been deleting my ascended gear left and right. 

1 hour ago, Adry.7512 said:

Uh oh I guess I’ve been gone so long that I forgot. I been deleting my ascended gear left and right. 

This is why I always reminded my guild members not to get rid of their ascended weapons too fast. You will still need them should you decide to have dual wielding builds.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

or use it in both weapon swap 1 and 2 simultaneously.

That is not precisely correct - if you equip your single bolt on swap one (either mainhand or offhan) and not equip anything on that respective slot in other swap, bolt will be treated as equipped on both swaps. (So for example if you go bolt+shield on swap1, and equip only focus on swap2, your swap will be bolt+focus).

But you will not be able to physically have it equipped on both mainhand slots in case you wanted diff sigils or stats.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Adry.7512 said:

Are you talking about the skin or the weapon itself? Because you can only equip 1 legendary sword if you only crafted 1 bolt, but you can use that skin on other sword weapon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2023 at 12:51 AM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

That is not precisely correct - if you equip your single bolt on swap one (either mainhand or offhan) and not equip anything on that respective slot in other swap, bolt will be treated as equipped on both swaps. (So for example if you go bolt+shield on swap1, and equip only focus on swap2, your swap will be bolt+focus).

But you will not be able to physically have it equipped on both mainhand slots in case you wanted diff sigils or stats.

I think it counts as the same weapon, if you leave the corresponding spot empty. (It may still trigger "on swap" sigil)

Say you use an axe main hand, and you equip a torch in the first swap and a dagger in the second (but no other main hand). This counts as 1 axe, not 2. Even though you do have the axe during both swaps, you don't need 2 axes to have mainhand axe both swaps. You would only equip a second axe if you need a different sigil on swap, I think. 

On 9/13/2023 at 1:18 PM, willow.8209 said:

(It may still trigger "on swap" sigil)

It does 🙂 but it only works like that when there is differentiation weapon equipped on both swaps, so for example if you wanted to run, dual pistols on both swaps, and be able to trigger on swap sigils, you'd equip pistol mainhand on first swap, and pistol ofhand on second swap - this way with the automatic filling in of weapon from the other swap, with just two pistols you can have two swaps of dual pistol, and be able to proc on swap sigils, while only ever caring about dual pistol weapon skillset. It is a very nifty feature (that to my knowledge has been there since vanilla) that allows not having to create duplicate weapons if you want to use same weapon with same stats/sigils on both swaps. Unfortunatelly afaik it does not work with two-handed weaponry - if you have 2h on one swap, and nothing on other, it will treat second swap as completely unequipped and grey out swap icon. (Same if, going by dual pistols example, you equipped both pistols on single swap)