No Weekly Rifts in Domain of Vabbi and Lake Doric

Matite.9543

As the title says: you cannot track any of the weekly rifts in Domain of Vabbi or Lake Doric.

Weekly rifts work as normal in Bloodtide Coast.

Other people in map chat complained of the same issue.

To be clear: when you try to track using your mastery the bar fills but nothing shows the location and there is no particle effect moving towards the rift location.

Edited by Matite.9543
Added extra info.
  • Like 4

We went back to Domain of Vabbi later and tried again but it still did not work. Others in map chat say the instance is bugged and might work in another instance. Someone said it might be because the map instance was open before the weekly reset.

Fully exited the game and rejoined but it still did not work in Domain of Vabbi

Went back to Lake Doric and it still does not work there either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matite.9543 said:

We went back to Domain of Vabbi later and tried again but it still did not work. Others in map chat say the instance is bugged and might work in another instance. Someone said it might be because the map instance was open before the weekly reset.

Fully exited the game and rejoined but it still did not work in Domain of Vabbi

Went back to Lake Doric and it still does not work there either.

for some reason vabbi worked for me instantly after weekly reset, but lake doric is bugged since reset even now checked, oh also bloodtide coast was bugged right after weekly reset but after sometime it worked fine.  

• Like 1

It's the same every week. I think Matite has it right, and it's a matter of old instances not being activated for rifts. When the new weekly areas start filling up with players, new instances are created and those work fine. As time passes, it gets more and more likely you'll get into a working instance. Just keep trying, or join a LFG advertising a working map, if there is one.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

But, a zone shouldn't run out of rifts. The two new zones don't run out of rifts. They just keep showing up. So I'm going to point my finger at QA and not bots, while bots are low hanging fruit and a temporary solution. 3 weeks.

Zones don't run out of rifts, rifts are just never activated for existing instances when the new weekly zones become available. It's a problem that solves itself for most zones as old instances close. Lake Doric instances just don't close if there are enough afk farmers on them to keep them alive.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Zones don't run out of rifts, rifts are just never activated for existing instances when the new weekly zones become available. It's a problem that solves itself for most zones as old instances close. Lake Doric instances just don't close if there are enough afk farmers on them to keep them alive.

Oh I get it! It's like when I turned 5th level with my ranger in BG3 and my bear didn't automatically become super bear with the space helmet! I had to make a new bear and then it was super bear. Okay, that makes sense. So actually, by design. They should probably just force all existing maps to close for those rifts when it rolls over for the week. Give everyone an hour to vacate.

AKF farmers keep instances up for too long, making bugged instances more likely, and keeping them from closing and resetting.

Something more stern has to be done against unattentive gameplay. It isn't just AFKers and botters who cause problems and bad optics. 
Giving isntances a expire date will not be enough if they can last an hour while bugged, as players may not have more than 1 hour to do something. 
There needs to be some sort of detection that singles out those who stay within the same area for hours with summons, pets, and other AI getting drops, and curtail that behavior.

To address afk farmers in the centaur area in Lake Doric, the watchtower cliffs got annoying 'siege attacks' that affect normal players too even if they are not afking too.  
I recommend replacing that with a world-wide effect that can happen in all locations and all maps, and that is phased so it only affects those players engaging in unattentive gameplay, and only those.  
Spend too much time standing still while your AI-controlled creatures get kills, and the Inquest in their secret base on the moon take notice of you and fire a Skyhammer beam at you. 
If you don't leave the area in 3 seconds, the Skyhammer fires, you are defeated, and your AI is killed and related skills are disabled and go on cooldown for 10 minutes with an effect that warns against that behavior, like "You have been targeted by the Skyhammer due to engaging in unatentive gameplay, and your pets and companions have been disabled. Avoid engaging in this behavior in the future to prevent being targeted again". 
The beam would be visible by other players, but the attack would only hit unattentive players.  
So even if the system accidentally targeted someone who isn't really AFK, they can walk away from the beam, before it fires. And even if they don't leave and get hit anyway, they can just use a different build with no AI and continue playing while they get for the effect to expire .

• Confused 1