staff/dagger ranger still busted

Eddie.9143

i know cause i play it. it's pumping crazy damage for having so much utility, healing, and mobility. 

running skirm/wild  survival with quick draw u can go 2400 range and heal twice. 

can also swap pets at the end of staff 3 to lower the heal if you didnt use quickdraw on 3.

then when they're running, u swap dagger and TP. it's the perfect setup

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

i know cause i play it. it's pumping crazy damage for having so much utility, healing, and mobility. 

running skirm/wild  survival with quick draw u can go 2400 range and heal twice. 

can also swap pets at the end of staff 3 to lower the heal if you didnt use quickdraw on 3.

I tried that but with LB+staff and owl. Over 3.6k units+heals and swiftness, and then considering you already start at 1500, their isnt much catching it unless you fall asleep. Its the quickdraw which makes it possible, 2x barrage is such a powerful point denial at worse, or wipes out multiple people at best, as they don't expect the second one. It feels like it doesnt do much dmg, but it often finished with 25-30%, which isnt bad at all considering you take next to no dmg in most games.

Its kinde funny though, as it really gets people mad, and man do they chase hard.

Edited by Flowki.7194

3 hours ago, TheArtOfMouts.7468 said:

Wanna share the build ?

I’m bored to play my core ranger build and the relic system made it worst. 

Skirm with quick draw, wild surv, staff/dagger dagger. Rabid/undead/fractal relic

Use all cantrips and protect me, purge cleanse sigils, venom on dagger set. 

Smokescale and weed plant. 

On 9/15/2023 at 6:27 PM, Eddie.9143 said:

Can you link the actual build? 

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Can you link the actual build? 

Nvm figured it out. It seems pretty kitten strong tbf but not so sure about group fights or small skirmishes? This build completely limits you to melee range to do dmg, which I always found to be a very limiting factor in versatility. I was playing more SB with quickdraw, LB+mace and owl/smoke, which was quite versatile for  some 1v1s, romaing or group fights. Would you say your build is vastly superior to that?

Haha ok, played a few games and its pretty hilarious. Heal pet opener to stack invuln+slow before dagger TP/pet root, expoding spores, smoke pet for stun, dagger evade, then a heal to take 0 dmg, then ultimate for stability +2 stunbreaks just for shielding+protection if needed. If at any point its not going your way, staff out.

I thought untamed was going to be really hard but this particulat loadout seems like it wouldnt take long to get good at tbf.

When is it you would look to use stealth? and what do you combo it with?

Edited by Flowki.7194

All cantrips is extremely limiting.  Condi Untamed would/should get bodied by a good condi Druid...too bad there are like 3 of us left.  

Also yes, I can regularly pull top dmg with 15+ kills on my Druid in g3--so untamed is more of a sidegrade for me than anything. 

Either spec melee dagger is super limiting, teleport is worse version of sword, and it can hit hard but staff disengage is subpar to what Druid gives for same weapon (i..e have to take smokescale due to no celestial shadow).  The double #3 on pet swap has been there since 2015.

In total, Untamed may be strong, but this isn't it.  Power untamed is still the thing to run, just like power soulbeast.     

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

All cantrips is extremely limiting.  Condi Untamed would/should get bodied by a good condi Druid...too bad there are like 3 of us left.  

Also yes, I can regularly pull top dmg with 15+ kills on my Druid in g3--so untamed is more of a sidegrade for me than anything. 

Either spec melee dagger is super limiting, teleport is worse version of sword, and it can hit hard but staff disengage is subpar to what Druid gives for same weapon (i..e have to take smokescale due to no celestial shadow).  The double #3 on pet swap has been there since 2015.

In total, Untamed may be strong, but this isn't it.  Power untamed is still the thing to run, just like power soulbeast.     

Yes im finding this, its not that good in group fights, which is a shame as im tired of core gaurds now, and the poinson is really good, just not viable at all to stand in a group fight with this build.

Edited by Flowki.7194

5 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Yes im finding this, its not that good in group fights, which is a shame as im tired of core gaurds now, and the poinson is really good, just not viable at all to stand in a group fight with this build.

Yeah, group fights are hard because of all the damage output going around atm, and ranger sustain is tricky, so on point fights are actually pretty difficult right now.  Even more difficult because the current suggested builds are full melee and that raises the skill floor a bit outside of burst soulbeast.   

In fact, the reason soulbeast works as full melee is Dolyak Stance which is pretty loaded in all honesty.

Now, if they'd actually fix the shortbow ambush not to be utter kitten, then something like Dagger/Wh + Shortbow could be interesting for a condi Untamed build.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 2

It's just a chase build but with some ranged from Staff. Honestly this combo will do almost no damage especially if you run all the Cantrips. 

The better one for chase is two sword combo since it is Power and not Condi. You can very easily chain together many 4-6k crits to down people very quickly before they themselves can run away; not to mention interupt them with sword ambush. 

• 4 weeks later...