Why should the WvW community believe a single word from Arenanet?

WeightTrainer.3219

2 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

For starters, before ridiculing, you should spend 5 minutes thanking. Every day when you go online, you give your thanks to those who created this product, which 10 years later is probably still the best of its kind.

There's just not enough time to be fair. I mean, there's my parents, siblings, teachers, police officers, medical staff, cooks, store staff, cleaners, the bankers, Microsoft, Tim Berners Lee, Marie Curie, Elon Musk, Statler and Waldorf, my first true love, my other hand... the list is endless!

In other words, in the list of life priorities - you need to reassess what you're willing to pledge daily 5 minutes of thanks for. AKA I think we're able to differentiate between what's going on and not 😛

Edited by Chips.7968

3 hours ago, Chips.7968 said:

There's just not enough time to be fair. I mean, there's my parents, siblings, teachers, police officers, medical staff, cooks, store staff, cleaners, the bankers, Microsoft, Tim Berners Lee, Marie Curie, Elon Musk, Statler and Waldorf, my first true love, my other hand... the list is endless!

In other words, in the list of life priorities - you need to reassess what you're willing to pledge daily 5 minutes of thanks for. AKA I think we're able to differentiate between what's going on and not 😛

"a little Gratitude can go a long way" 😤

• Confused 1

Maybe that game mode is not generating any revenue. How many has actually brought an expansion? I used to see videos from plenty of streamers in there but now nothing, it seems as if everyone has pack up and moved on.

Maybe the new meta there ran people off, it's no fun to punch buttons and see no effect what so ever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Widebody.5071 said:

Maybe that game mode is not generating any revenue. How many has actually brought an expansion? I used to see videos from plenty of streamers in there but now nothing, it seems as if everyone has pack up and moved on.

Maybe the new meta there ran people off, it's no fun to punch buttons and see no effect what so ever.

The WvW YouTube channels I watch have bought the expansions. Most of the people I play with in WvW have bought the expansion. With the new approach to weapons, you'd be silly not to buy it. Plus, you can't get access to some of the meta relics unless you have the expansion.

here's another long thread where players keep mixing up world restructuring and alliances. we are getting world restructuring as its already finished; alliances is just the user interface that allows guilds to link together (the restructured version of world linking).

please read their studio update post more carefully.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Aresz.8240 said:

Forum moderator is here...ssshhh ROFL

lol, these moderators follow a pattern, and if you think it heavy handed then I guess you are new to game forums. Been on forums that if ask about an addon it was a no notice instant permanent ban. So not sure where you were going, but don't paint this as that kind of issue if you mind.

21 hours ago, Marckan.9526 said:

I can't believe they removed your thread? That's just a new low even for them... Wow,, I cant believe what this studio has come to over the years.

#shame

#notmyanet

lol, I get to play White Knight! Is there any achievo for that!?

So I will risk another temp ban. There are rules and ToS, when posts in a thread cross boundaries it may cause a thread to close not due to the topic but due a reply poster's comments. This wasn't an issue in the thread but a replier that crossed lines. If you weren't online at the time you would have missed it. It wasn't an Anet issue but a player losing it. It was a valid close of thread. Keep it civil, keep it constructive, and things can converse endlessly. Hang out on the forums and these patterns are well know. Come at them like they are reddit and they close out fairly fast. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
spelling

15 hours ago, MalekithDG.6124 said:

I dont even want alliances or new maps. But at least balance the game...

Well, this shows how different we are, and how nice it is that in this game and in this forum there is so much diversity of opinions. I don't remember when the classes were last updated, but it wasn't that long. And yes usually when they change the parameters, they force you to make small changes to your constructions and your construction choices. Let's talk about small changes because you can't waitI get a new GW2 every time they maneuver classes.

Unlike what you told me, however, I would prefer 100 times to have a new map to play, in rotation with the others, if I could choose at the expense of the next update between classes.

9 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

here's another long thread where players keep mixing up world restructuring and alliances. we are getting world restructuring as its already finished; alliances is just the user interface that allows guilds to link together (the restructured version of world linking).

Careful.  People seem to get really upset if you ask them to go back and read that post.

The world restructuring part we're getting though doesn't seem fully finished.  The match-maker in the betas only dealt with playhours it seemed, which is not exactly what was advertised.  The latest studio update mentions making further adjustments to the match-maker.  We will know nothing about the when/what for those adjustments.  "We would use commander time and squad sizes to determine a scaler to that commander players play time. "

While Anet said the guild functionality is there, it is also rudimentary.   You'll be able to set your WvW guild, but that's about it.  You won't be able to tell who and how many in your guild has done this for your guild.  No beta has included that transparency.  It's been something asked about by guild leaders since the beginning of the world restructuring announcement.  It will probably be missing when world restructuring goes live with no further work on it.

Edited by Chaba.5410

10 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

World restructuring is finished? How? The tab in the WvW interface is empty, we're still using the same servers as before, and there's no news as to when this will change. What am I "mixing up" here?