Make Legendary SotO Armor Sellable! [Merged]

kenzil.5983

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

and you cant have fun without buying the new legendary armor?

Every time there is a QoL item locked behind repetitive game mechanics ONLY?

that i would have to complete again and again in order to have the same amount of convenience like people that dont mind grinding?

no i cant have fun while trying to get that QoL improvement and i wont bother i can have fun with what im used to in this game instead.

Buying legendarys is not fun is what you suggested here right?
Yeah in that case i agree with you its just a way for me to lie to my self by telling my self that i need it and will be able to save time in the future by not having to wast time on char or build or stat swaps.

Just let me believe that it helps me even if it doesent idc because having options is allways a great thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Why can i buy gold if i can play the game and farm it instead? Why would anet offer us something like that ?

because you save time that way its just another QoL basically, you support the games financial future its a win win situation for both sides and maybe even another win for those that never have to spend a single buck to be able to keep playing gw2 because there are people like me that pay the servers for them 🙂

Bro thinks he knows more about making money then a professional gaming company. 

😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

Because you can buy legendary weapons for real money, the game is already seen as a P2W game by quite alot of people. Potential customers. 

Is this real P2W? No. But you need context to understand it. 

Making legendary armor purchasable for real money would not do the games reputation any favors. 

If it would be profitable longterm for Anet to do, they will do it. 

Also. VERY IMPORTANT! 

In today's gaming world, greed is a quick way for a game to die. As seen in countless examples in the last year's. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Because you can buy legendary weapons for real money, the game is already seen as a P2W game by quite alot of people. Potential customers. 

Is this real P2W? No. But you need context to understand it. 

Making legendary armor purchasable for real money would not do the games reputation any favors. 

If it would be profitable longterm for Anet to do, they will do it. 

Also. VERY IMPORTANT! 

In today's gaming world, greed is a quick way for a game to die. As seen in countless examples in the last year's. 

All i can say to this post is:

Bro thinks he knows more about making money then a professional gaming company. 🤣🤣🤣

maybe next time my friend 😉 

• Confused 11
  • Sad 1

No. Xd

Do You remember all this posts from years ago? "We will do everything, every grind, every gold sink, may it be couple times longer than others,  JUST GIVE US OW LEGE ARMOR". Here You go. Your favourite game mode. You can do metas, rifts, all the quality content You so enjoy. I really do hope there will be no shortcuts like Trading Post or Mats exchange. Or maybe in few years, once you already struggle throu this grind, only to see others getting it way easier, that would be great to see. xdddd

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

No. Xd

Do You remember all this posts from years ago? "We will do everything, every grind, every gold sink, may it be couple times longer than others,  JUST GIVE US OW LEGE ARMOR". Here You go. Your favourite game mode. You can do metas, rifts, all the quality content You so enjoy. I really do hope there will be no shortcuts like Trading Post or Mats exchange. Or maybe in few years, once you already struggle throu this grind, only to see others getting it way easier, that would be great to see. xdddd

Im happy that your one of the few NO guys who were able to add more than 2 letters to this whole topic  🙂 

Edited by kenzil.5983
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Ah when raid seller do that , it is acceptable , because the company allows it.

When raiders were tlling people that there should not be an OW legendary and instead they should be allowed to sell the LI on the tp , is was also acceptable

But if the company allow its people to sell their OW gear that they crafted to the TP to the others  players, its p2w 

Selling LI and the whole OW armor is not the same, as LI are only one part of the raid armor and so players still need to do the collection, gather the materials and also respect the timegates. In case of the new SotO legy armor, the counterpart of LIs are the essences from the rifts. And an easier way to get the rift materials can actually be sold too in form of motivations

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Selling LI and the whole OW armor is not the same, as LI are only one part of the raid armor and so players still need to do the collection, gather the materials and also respect the timegates. In case of the new SotO legy armor, the counterpart of LIs are the essences from the rifts. And an easier way to get the rift materials can actually be sold too in form of motivations

Ok,  lets create a achivement that you need to do an t3 rift in each region , only 1 per day 

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Ah when raid seller do that , it is acceptable , because the company allows it.

When raiders were tlling people that there should not be an OW legendary and instead they should be allowed to sell the LI on the tp , is was also acceptable

But if the company allow its people to sell their OW gear that they crafted to the TP to the others  players, its p2w 

(old gg , are you sure by default you dont want to create a system where people can choose prexisting commands-tickboxes to the lfg , rather than typing whatver youlike?

Like [LFG] ... [Expirianced] ... [ LI]... [500] or [1-500] ...  ...[boons] ...[Ascalon} ... [p1] . Its better than this lingo mayhem . And people can type manual in the Guilds and Discord and in the "General / HoT LFG"

If people dont have li ,, then cannon see the whole comment-party (it is their idea to "lock" lfg for joining if you dont have enought li , when they propose an "improved lfg" . I improve it even further by reducing the clutter 😛

Ofc there a tickbox to show the hidden "old-manual-lfg and the li groups in there"..and we shal call it "Experianced of the Expirianced tab")

Reveal hidden contents

And if people boycot it (xaxaxa) , then there would be an empty space and we can "join-shrink" various lfg and "repush" things in 1-2 years)

Edit: And portable stone that does the same thing after 1 year , but allows you creates new party only , but you cannot see the listings .

And a tickbox that you like to find other "power stone users" that stores and refils from your mode , or you need some for the every 1-hour tournament-style lfg or new accounts can create "special events" for us to join and help them

If only buying Raid clears was on the same level of buying the armor outright.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If only buying Raid clears was on the same level of buying the armor outright.

True .

In the raid scene you buy Ectos (bypass gold limit in the  mail) and then stay dead , vs bying what other people have crafted in the TP.

Either allow both , or none  is my moto :P

(now that the company created an ow legendary , whipping the table and thinking about new "rewards" across the various modes  , we must think about the raid seller (they will create a mayhem again) + dps meters , leadingto creating a "friendly community" like the OW)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8

Hm, the OP seems to have the opposite problem from mine.

I wonder what I should do in the game now that I am legendary.

He seems to have the need for legendary, such that he doesn't need to play the game? Why? What do you want with legendaries, if there is nothing to play for?

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

True .

In the raid scene you buy Ectos (bypass gold limit in the  mail) and then stay dead , vs bying what other people have crafted in the TP.

Either allow both , or none  is my moto 😛

(now that the company created an ow legendary , whipping the table and thinking about new "rewards" across the various modes  , we must think about the raid seller (they will create a mayhem again) + dps meters , leadingto creating a "friendly community" like the OW)

Yeah, that's not how it goes. You can buy all the Raid clears you want.. if you don't do the collections for the armor it's just a waste of money.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Yeah, that's not how it goes. You can buy all the Raid clears you want.. if you don't do the collections for the armor it's just a waste of money.

What is the colection ? Killing a boss from each raid  once (stay dead) , then procced to go in OW to kill an OW boss multiple and collect the OW mats .

Lets sell the Motivations and put some stuff to collect from the OW and a ow boss to spamm kill .

Then we reduce the Motivation cost , because the proces is the same :P

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

7 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

What is the colection ? Killing a boss from each raid  once (stay dead) , then procced to go in OW to kill an OW boss multiple and collect the OW mats .

Lets sell the Motivations and put some stuff to collect from the OW and a ow boss to spamm kill .

Then we reduce the Motivation cost , because the proces is the same 😛

Collect OW items to use in W1, Collect items from W2 to combine with OW items. Second collection is OW metas and specific tasks in W4, must kill Cairn without being hit by greens, must be protected from damage on MO, must be hit by energy explosion on Sama and must kill Deimos without dying. The most problematic part in the second collection is Cairn, since it requires you to know the mechanics.

Almost forgot to mention is that W2 has a lovely item that can only be acquired after killing Matthias, doing it in a previously cleared instance doesn't work.

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Collect OW items to use in W1, Collect items from W2 to combine with OW items. Second collection is OW metas and specific tasks in W4, must kill Cairn without being hit by greens, must be protected from damage on MO, must be hit by energy explosion on Sama and must kill Deimos without dying. The most problematic part in the second collection is Cairn, since it requires you to know the mechanics.

Almost forgot to mention is that W2 has a lovely item that can only be acquired after killing Matthias, doing it in a previously cleared instance doesn't work.

Lets do that (not get hit y green and all the others) and we reward people for more motivation (or sell them on the TP ).

Edit: And in order to sell the acount bound things in the TP , you can must transform them into "Omega Crystals" , where the recipient , needs to do more events to transform them into the RAW-normal Movitavions (essentially not-free , but you have to reverse enginner it by doing events ) 

(i dont have a problem old gg , if its optional to increase the rewards if you do correct the mechanics)

• Confused 7

9 hours ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Every time there is a QoL item locked behind repetitive game mechanics ONLY?

You already claimed you can get easy ascended items without much of an effort with the same stats, effectively substituting legendaries. So just do what you said you can do and you will be ok 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Hm, the OP seems to have the opposite problem from mine.

I wonder what I should do in the game now that I am legendary.

He seems to have the need for legendary, such that he doesn't need to play the game? Why? What do you want with legendaries, if there is nothing to play for?

I have 2 gen 2 legendary weapons and 2/3 legendary armor sets it was fun doing these in a semi passive way achieving something your self is a nice feeling in a game too but i dont need the light amor right now and i would buy it just to be able to use it in the future without having sacrificed time in order to get it even if i dont need it at that point in time.

• Confused 11
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

I have 2 gen 2 legendary weapons and 2/3 legendary armor sets it was fun doing these in a semi passive way achieving something your self is a nice feeling in a game too but i dont need the light amor right now and i would buy it just to be able to use it in the future without having sacrificed time in order to get it even if i dont need it at that point in time.

So... is this really literally "I don't need it, but I want it without doing anything because yes"?
In that case you can even easier slowly progress towards it or even start going for it when you'll think you need it.

12 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Tiktok Generation and their " I don't want to play the game just let me swipe" attitude. 

Why even play games at this point? 

This seems to be 100% correct. Ridiculous.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 3

54 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You already claimed you can get easy ascended items without much of an effort with the same stats, effectively substituting legendaries. So just do what you said you can do and you will be ok 🤷‍♂️

Yeah totally makes sense thats the same why reason people buy salvage o matics from the gem store right ? They could have kept buying normal salvage kits instead an would be just fine…

i wonder why most of us still wanted to own a savage o matic and probably own one by now?

• Confused 10
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So... is this really literally "I don't need it, but I want it without doing anything because yes"?
In that case you can even easier slowly progress towards it or even start going for it when you'll think you need it.

This seems to be 100% correct. Ridiculous.

Your trying very hard to apply and validate your claims on me.

i can tell you it has litteraly nothing to do with that i have proven to be able to grind 2/3 legendary armor sets all im asking for now is to have the same options on owning another set in the same way that we have an option to buy gen1 and gen3 legendary weapon sets.

You believe what you want to believe my friend im sure it will help us progress on this topic 🙂 

• Confused 10
  • Sad 1

I like when things are sellable because it offers 1) an additional way to make money for those who want that and 2) It offers an additional way to people to get that item for those who want it, since gold is...y'know. Gold. Can get it anywhere. Open world is GW2's bread and butter - unlike wvw, raids, or spvp, IMO there's no real ground to stand on for assuming anet is going to, or even should, treat open world content and rewards the exact same as every other area of the game. Open world is the 'everyone can do it' catch all area of content. Anyone wanting super duper exclusives for open world legendary items needs to go touch grass, especially since it's looking like the open world version of leggo armor will be quite a bit more painful to grind out than the other options.

I don't plan on getting it - I have yet to get the raid leggo armor and have two sets of the spvp armor, and the raid one is comparatively easy so I'll be doing that, but if the skin on the SOTO open world set looks especially enticing I may go for it. In that case, I'd appreciate being able to do pvp, or wvw, or raid, or AH flip, or whatever to get some gold for it if I need a break from SOTO grinding but still want to progress a little.

It's just another shiny thing that'll probably be wrapped up in some lore and yet another generic resource sink. Which, y'know, nothing against that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Yeah totally makes sense thats the same why reason people buy salvage o matics from the gem store right ? They could have kept buying normal salvage kits instead an would be just fine…

Yeah and if they feel they don't need it, they don't buy it. They go for it when they feel they need it, not before that (and I guess you'd probably be surprised how many people don't have it exactly because they don't need it). Although it's still a bit weird you went for a gemstore item here instead of something people acquire ingame normally. Almost as if you wanted to prove the @DanAlcedo.3281post I quoted above is on point.

21 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Your trying very hard to apply and validate your claims on me.

I'm not "applying" anything on you, you literally just wrote this:

1 hour ago, kenzil.5983 said:

achieving something your self is a nice feeling in a game too but i dont need the light amor right now and i would buy it just to be able to use it in the future

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah and if they feel they don't need it, they don't buy it. They go for it when they feel they need it, not before that (and I guess you'd probably be surprised how many people don't have it exactly because they don't need it)

You should be suprised of how many people dont need another legendary armor set by now instead.

Most of us got used to what we got and we keep it like that just for that reason wich is sad if you think about it…

there are potentially more people that wont engage with the SotO legendary armor then there are people that will, especially after all these years that people could get their legendary amor from the other game modes already. 

making legendary SotO amor tradable creates a whole new eco system of content for those that dont need to but still would craft them because they COULD sell it afterwards.

we have this kind of eco sytem already and its the gen1 and gen3 legendary weapons in case you still wanted to act like this wasnt the case right now wich im more then happy to tell you about once again 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8

18 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

You should be suprised of how many people dont need another legendary armor set by now instead.

I'm not surprised at all and those people simply don't get those sets and are perfectly fine playing with exotics or ascended gear. I don't know what point you were trying to make here, other than just trying to nonsensically parrot what I said. But again: what you just wrote doesn't surprise me at all (why would it?), in fact it's what I keep telling you this whole time.

there are potentially more people that wont engage with the SotO legendary armor then there are people that will

The only way this matters might be about players engaging with the content, not "engaging with legendary armor"(?). And to that point: if you want one then -even moreso- play the content and get it. For now soto and rifts seem to be doing fine in player engagement aspect.

making legendary SotO amor tradable creates a whole new eco system of content

If you paid attention at all, you'd notice that whole new eco system of content already exists. So currently that just another attempt at false reasoning trying to say you're not wanting it simply ONLY for your own comfort. Doubt anyone eats up what you're dishing out here though. 🙂

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 4