Yo this balance update for PvP pretty wild- Can't wait to not see a Bladesworn and Condi Untamed every patch- Oh wait.

Sidetrack.2563

1 hour ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Wasn't there a big update back in August and a few small one after? I don't expect to see another balance attempt till February.

I think its more that people are upset Anet is not taking issues that are CURRENTLY present and addressing them immediately- we shouldn't have to wait till February to see necessary changes/balances to classes.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Sidetrack.2563 said:

I think its more that people are upset Anet is not taking issues that are CURRENTLY present and addressing them immediately- we shouldn't have to wait till February to see necessary changes/balances to classes.

That's there M-O though to NOT address the current issue and ALWAYS wait 6 months before anything SIGNIFICANT can happen. 

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidetrack.2563 said:

What are the issues? Can you elaborate? And who are "the people?" For the record I think things I pretty well rounded across the board at the moment. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

What are the issues? Can you elaborate? And who are "the people?" For the record I think things I pretty well rounded across the board at the moment. 

There is no way your trying to say bladesworn and rangers/scrappers are well rounded rn- not to mention damage is simply to high across the board,  so much of pvp is just 1shot or be 1 shot now. as for most "people" im talking about literally everyone who has been around long enough to know how bad anet is when it comes to caring for pvp

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

damage is simply to high across the board,

Thats a good thing. Ive been saying this for awhile. It should be high. Mistakes should get you killed. We can get more into this point later if you end up being open to conversation.

There is no way your trying to say bladesworn and rangers/scrappers are well rounded rn

Scrapper is one of the least oppressive, most predictable, and kitable/avoidable enemies in the game. I am absolutely saying Scrapper is fine. Cause it is.

Warrior lol. People crying about Warrior amazes me honestly. Stop taking the bait of a warrior you don't know how to catch. I see it all game. War goes far and sucks up the attention of 2 sometimes 3 people who don't know how to dps (while simultaneously complaining of a  1 shot meta btw) sitting at home while the enemy has mid and their home capped all game. 65 seconds of that BS and it's gg.   Plus accordingly to kill it. i.e. DH/Specter or rotate away from the unfavorable match-up and move on. It's okay to have matchups in a match - that you're not going to win. 

so much of pvp is just 1shot or be 1 shot now.

Its not 1 shot.... Its 1 combo. The term 1shot is wildly misused around here. Its 1 combination of skills that go uninterupted, unkited, undodged, in a row that reesult in the death of a player. 

as for most "people" im talking about literally everyone who has been around long enough to know how bad anet is when it comes to caring for pvp

Ive been around since Launch. I was of the first groups of people to enter the heart of the mists. Really fun day. We can get more into this too if you end up open to conversation. The point being is - I don't agree with this sentential that your sharing. At all. Things are very much balanced right now in comparison to other time periods anyway. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, Sidetrack.2563 said:

If the devs would want to follow every "issue" the pvp folks see....they'd never leave the office....

• Thanks 2

me reading the patchnotes:

in pve only...

in pve only...

in pve only...

*keep scrolling down*

pve...

pve...

pve...

uhm.... seriously!? 

like... urgh....   they SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED PVP when they rebalanced akeem relic..... 

they are already targetting the thing that is fuelling the most degen build in pvp (Condizerker).... but specifically exclude pvp from that balancing?

breh.... whats going on.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Thats a good thing. Ive been saying this for awhile. It should be high. Mistakes should get you killed. We can get more into this point later if you end up being open to conversation.

Scrapper is one of the least oppressive, most predictable, and kitable/avoidable enemies in the game. I am absolutely saying Scrapper is fine. Cause it is.

Warrior lol. People crying about Warrior amazes me honestly. Stop taking the bait of a warrior you don't know how to catch. I see it all game. War goes far and sucks up the attention of 2 sometimes 3 people who don't know how to dps (while simultaneously complaining of a  1 shot meta btw) sitting at home while the enemy has mid and their home capped all game. 65 seconds of that BS and it's gg.   Plus accordingly to kill it. i.e. DH/Specter or rotate away from the unfavorable match-up and move on. It's okay to have matchups in a match - that you're not going to win. 

Its not 1 shot.... Its 1 combo. The term 1shot is wildly misused around here. Its 1 combination of skills that go uninterupted, unkited, undodged, in a row that reesult in the death of a player. 

Ive been around since Launch. I was of the first groups of people to enter the heart of the mists. Really fun day. We can get more into this too if you end up open to conversation. The point being is - I don't agree with this sentential that your sharing. At all. Things are very much balanced right now in comparison to other time periods anyway. 

Alright lets get it, I'll try to keep everything as organized as possible for my responses.
1.  I don't disagree that dmg should be high per say, but some classes in my opinion have too much dmg for the amount of sustain they run- Bladesworn would be my prime example.
2. On the subject of warrior i do agree that the complaints are a bit over the top but it is true they are to strong right now, it shouldn't take 3 people to kill one person, and using the argument of people who don't know how to dps in my opinion is invalidated when I see this happening at every skill tier, including high plat/MAT the issue is there are few, if any favorable matchups against bladesworn. obviously this is my personal take so i digress.
3. I do know what 1 shots actually mean, but there are scenarios where skill does not let you do anything in response, for example double scrapper cc 1 shotting you from stealth- (i've seen it happen and have done it in the past), I think it takes away from the interaction of the game when fighting is over so quickly. I'd like to see less sustain and less dmg in total so fights last longer but people don't remain unkillable.
4. I also was one of the first pvp players, been at it in pvp for 9 years. Anet has had a pretty bad streak when it comes to PvP, and in my opinion the breaking point was probably HoT and stronghold maps lol.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Sidetrack.2563 said:

I don't disagree that dmg should be high per say, but some classes in my opinion have too much dmg for the amount of sustain they run

Okay fair enough. I see this. Because its different spectrums. My only real point is I dont wanna see damage reduced because people cant kite, dodge or what have you. Your asking to reduce sustain that is paired with a high level of damage. Specifically in the form of a warrior. My only concern is some Burst is right on the cusp of if there health pools for or sustain are nerfed it would ruin the class. I am referring to either theif, gaurdain, or Engi. Because they have low health pools Naturally as it is. 

On the subject of warrior i do agree that the complaints are a bit over the top

Bet

it shouldn't take 3 people to kill one person, and using the argument of people who don't know how to dps in my opinion is invalidated when I see this happening at every skill tier, including high plat/MAT

Aight yeah i see this - My only add on to this cause I largely think we agree, is sometimes that 2nd and 3rd person are full clown players tunneling warrior and hes not even fighting. He just kiting these fools around the map during the match up on boxes and really trolling the team. I dont want that to be the reason war is adjusted. I want players to adjust their bad habbits. Rangers and warriors stay trolling bafoons in mattches and I swear its the reason the get complained about (i have no proof of that other than my on personal obvsersations) 

I do know what 1 shots actually mean, but there are scenarios where skill does not let you do anything in response, for example double scrapper cc 1 shotting you from stealth- (i've seen it happen and have done it in the past), I think it takes away from the interaction of the game when fighting is over so quickly. I'd like to see less sustain and less dmg in total so fights last longer but people don't remain unkillable.

I hear this - my solution here is they shouldnt be able to load up in stealth like that. I agree big combos are dope but you shouod be able to observe them to counter with your own play. So idk maybe we agree here?

I also was one of the first pvp players, been at it in pvp for 9 years. Anet has had a pretty bad streak when it comes to PvP, and in my opinion the breaking point was probably HoT and stronghold maps lol.

Yeah I agree - I always understood they were trying to corner the MMO pvp market and the Moba Market. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Okay fair enough. I see this. Because its different spectrums. My only real point is I dont wanna see damage reduced because people cant kite, dodge or what have you. Your asking to reduce sustain that is paired with a high level of damage. Specifically in the form of a warrior. My only concern is some Burst is right on the cusp of if there health pools for or sustain are nerfed it would ruin the class. I am referring to either theif, gaurdain, or Engi. Because they have low health pools Naturally as it is. 

My biggest argument to this, is that hp pools and damage are arbitrary values, that Anet can change whenever they want, if thief dies too much do to sustain nerfs- maybe give them more health? or if a class does a bit too little dmg, make it do a bit more. we don't have to live with arbitrary values like they are law.

26 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Aight yeah i see this - My only add on to this cause I largely think we agree, is sometimes that 2nd and 3rd person are full clown players tunneling warrior and hes not even fighting. He just kiting these fools around the map during the match up on boxes and really trolling the team. I dont want that to be the reason war is adjusted. I want players to adjust their bad habbits. Rangers and warriors stay trolling bafoons in mattches and I swear its the reason the get complained about (i have no proof of that other than my on personal obvsersations) 

I do agree that can happen, and at that point it is their fault, assuming that warriors couldn't also do that regardless of the skill of the 1st & 2nd opponent. However, at least in its current state it has far too much sustain through relics, (specifically the Aegis one) heals, projectile blocks, massive kiting potential, decent hp pool- etc... If Anet made a post saying they wanted to move the meta to having a player specifically set on holding a node solo, and removed the ability to have more than one class on a team i would be okay with that, assuming they still adjusted the class accordingly to not be completely un-1v1-able .

33 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

I hear this - my solution here is they shouldnt be able to load up in stealth like that. I agree big combos are dope but you shouod be able to observe them to counter with your own play. So idk maybe we agree here?

Yeah I'd say I agree stealth Is too readily available for most classes, personally I think stealth without a mesmer/thief/maaaybe scrapper should not be possible, I probably wouldn't dislike ranger as much if it didn't have Its own smoke field, and blast/leaps to 1 shot better than a thief.

35 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Yeah I agree - I always understood they were trying to corner the MMO pvp market and the Moba Market. 

Yeah it backfired and they decided pve was worth more of their time, and to be fair- without working on fixing PvP it isn't worth their time.

I think communication and active work on PvP is needed- the fact that the players don't know what the plans/hope for PvP are is wrong, and they should either get someone to actually be the medium between the devs and players so we know whats going on more frequently, or just use the kitten forums you made for their purpose lol.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2023 at 8:57 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

me reading the patchnotes:

in pve only...

in pve only...

in pve only...

*keep scrolling down*

pve...

pve...

pve...

uhm.... seriously!? 

like... urgh....   they SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED PVP when they rebalanced akeem relic..... 

they are already targetting the thing that is fuelling the most degen build in pvp (Condizerker).... but specifically exclude pvp from that balancing?

breh.... whats going on.

People will be complaining the same about everything regardless of nerfs in a gamemode that is probably the least popular out of the 3. At this point i'm suprised Anet is even bothering doing something for PvP with only negativity coming out for every change, even ones that were asked for.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

People will be complaining the same about everything regardless of nerfs in a gamemode that is probably the least popular out of the 3. At this point i'm suprised Anet is even bothering doing something for PvP with only negativity coming out for every change, even ones that were asked for.

it still is sad to see though...

• Like 1

@deathdealer.2197 i mean yes. Surely im Not a fan of that spec eather. But keep in mind..... Side node is all it could do. Nerf its Defence so hard that it can't win a 1v1 if youre half good than the entire spec will be just death xD. As a Berserker or Spellbraker you got at least some squishy Builds or healing/supp Builds but as a Bladesworn...... Well have fun find something other than a side node for that one xD. That Just also the reason why to me they could Just deleted this whole spec and i would not Miss it once xd

• Like 2