World Linking 9/29/2023

Roy Marks.7689

7 hours ago, CrimsonOneThree.5682 said:

It still continues to defy logic 

Especially since they said they would bring us WR without alliances, which they could do tomorrow if they wanted because its already implemented ie the WR beta.

But they havent even announced a date as usual (which we need a while beforehand to organize team guilds). They could do this to at least give us some hope that this is the last kitten link period.

And give themselves a kitten WvW deadline, for once. Because they sure need it.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Doesn't matter what links we get, the system is BAD with capital letters.

Let me spell it out to the devs:

D e l e t e   e x t r a    s e r v e r s

There is no one here who cares about getting different temporary randoms to play with

Do you volunteer to delete your server first?

Don't worry WR will help you with that problem "soon" anyways.

• Haha 3

On 9/29/2023 at 7:52 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well at least we know Anet specifically hates FSP. Guess we ran over devs one time too many.

What I would like is that they show us the relative sizes of the worlds. No need for exact numbers of players, just graphic bars is enough. If they dont dare showing us this information... well we know why.

The interns slaving for free clearly do not know math. It is embarrassing from a studio perspective and insulting to the player base.

Get rid of links, get rid of T4 and T5, delete the lowest pop servers and merge their players with the others. EVERY other game does this!

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Do you volunteer to delete your server first?

Don't worry WR will help you with that problem "soon" anyways.

What is wrong with deleting dead servers? Do you own the server or something? With WR you already do not have a server, it is gone, or actually, in fact, you have a new name for a server, something totally random that makes no sense and have no meaning.

It is crazy to have to have so many French and German language servers to begin with when there is only one Spanish server which has an infinite population while there is arguably more Spanish speaking people and players.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

What is wrong with deleting dead servers? Do you own the server or something? With WR you already do not have a server, it is gone, or actually, in fact, you have a new name for a server, something totally random that makes no sense and have no meaning.

It is crazy to have to have so many French and German language servers to begin with when there is only one Spanish server which has an infinite population while there is arguably more Spanish speaking people and players.

Cause there are pve players on those servers too, they would have to move every account off to another server, which doesn't make any sense to do when they already have megaserver and World restructuring in the works.

The only real problem with EU is the language barrier which a lot of you don't want to acknowledge, as a major problem as to why it's harder to link EU servers with appropriate sized servers.

But don't worry, World Restructuring will break and delete every single server for you.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:
33 minutes ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

Cause there are pve players on those servers too, they would have to move every account off to another server, which doesn't make any sense to do when they already have megaserver and World restructuring in the works.

The only real problem with EU is the language barrier which a lot of you don't want to acknowledge, as a major problem as to why it's harder to link EU servers with appropriate sized servers.

But don't worry, World Restructuring will break and delete every single server for you.

Wow. Maybe the current devs would struggle with it, but anyone with actual technological degree could figure out how to do it in reasonable way in couple of weeks. If it is just account distribution, it really isn't that difficult. They literally have people on payroll, that aren't fixing anything and are taking 5+ more years on relatively small projects than they should.

And having solo servers is absolute opposite of having no servers at all. I do not understand why people keep shouting about World Destructuring as if it will improve the gamemode for the people who actually enjoy servers. Wanting solo servers and removing excess waste servers does not equal wanting all servers to be deleted

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

Wanting solo servers and removing excess waste servers does not equal wanting all servers to be deleted

Meanwhile every single relink we have EU people coming in here complaining about being a solo server, moan and cry about how they haven't had a link in 6 months oh woe they can't play in T1.

And oh the delete server is ok as long as it isn't yours? right? There's players like you that call their server home, regardless of how many are on it compared to yours, if you're not willing to have your server deleted why are you asking for it to happen to others? Here's a thought, anet should delete all the full servers and force those players to finally spread themselves out to the smaller servers instead, punishment for stacking and causing this mess in the first place. How about that? sound like a solid plan?

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Meanwhile every single relink we have EU people coming in here complaining about being a solo server, moan and cry about how they haven't had a link in 6 months oh woe they can't play in T1.

Issue those servers is that they have by far least people and are also only servers closed for transfers. Server or linking with least people should also be cheapest to transfer to.

14 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Here's a thought, anet should delete all the full servers and force those players to finally spread themselves out to the smaller servers instead, punishment for stacking and causing this mess in the first place. How about that? sound like a solid plan?

They can delete all servers and make new ones from scratch for all I care. As long as the system makes sense and tier 1 isn't open to 500 gem transfers and bottom tier full servers. And I can work towards improving the server I am on without dealing with massive batches of strangers every 2 months.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

Issue those servers is that they have by far least people and are also only servers closed for transfers. Server or linking with least people should also be cheapest to transfer to.

Don't worry World Destruction will fix all your link and solo server problems. Everyone will feel the pain so no one can complain!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:
5 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

Don't worry World Destruction will fix all your link and solo server problems. Everyone will feel the pain so no one can complain!

Constant stream of strangers is also a problem. Playing PvP with organised team or solo queueing to get matches with randoms. It is completely different experience.

Part of WvW has always been being able to build or be part of something greater than a small guild.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

Constant stream of strangers is also a problem. Playing PvP with organised team or solo queueing to get matches with randoms. It is completely different experience.

Part of WvW has always been being able to build or be part of something greater than a small guild.

Nothing stopping you from joining an organized team in wvw and thus staying together after the world destruction.

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:
13 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

Nothing stopping you from joining an organized team in wvw and thus staying together after the world destruction.

I like being connected without someone having power to kick everyone or taking responsbility of all those people upon himself.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

On 9/29/2023 at 9:15 PM, Sonderm.4639 said:

As you have pointed out, you only realize how utterly kitten and braindead the current system is once you got unlinked. If they unlinked every server from time to time the community WOULD be up in arms.

It's better this way. You want to stay inside your illusion, or you want to know how things are. You want the red pill or the blue pill.🤭

In EU the problem of 3 servers treated differently is the first problem you need to solve. You don't have to do anything else, just that. And a little development work, would be a big step for the EU community of this game mode.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

You talk about something you don't know, because you're in na.

The problem specifically, is not to not have maps in the queue, or not to play in T1. nobody cares. What bothers you, what you struggle to digest, is that 3 teams are in that condition and 24 other teams are not. Any form of competition that comes close to something credible vanishes instantly in this way.

I also say, towards EU users compared to NA users, who have bought the same product, why in EU you must have an extra problem. Did they pay the same way? Was this a beta? Please correct and propose a beta version 2.0 thanks.😉

• Like 2

My server got linked with a big one last month and we had terrible queues on prime time, now we are linked with a smaller one and get overrun by the other servers, a single queue on EBG on prime time. No, that's not funny, and I really wait for a new system. I never switched the server, 11 years now on my home server, but "for a better experience" I'd take anything.

On 9/30/2023 at 9:36 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

UPDATE players
SET world = 'Drakkar Lake [DE]'
WHERE world = 'Kodash [DE]';
DELETE FROM worlds WHERE world = 'Kodash [DE]'

There! I just moved all players from one dead German server to another active German server and erased the dead one instead of using it as a link for the new FoW Anet bandwagon.

Everyone playing in EU is very well aware of the language challenge. You should take your NA tinted glasses off before you comment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

UPDATE players

There! I just moved all players from one dead German server to another active German server and erased the dead one instead of using it as a link for the new FoW Anet bandwagon.

Everyone playing in EU is very well aware of the language challenge. You should take your NA tinted glasses off before you comment.

You stacking your server there? Is that what's going on here? How about we delete Drakkar lake and spread the population over Dzagonur, Kodash, Miller's Sound. Sounds like a better plan that helps 3 servers instead of 1.

I stopped commenting on EU problems cause you guys don't want to acknowledge the problem and come back every two months complaining about the same thing over and over and over again. We can delete servers, but there's still the problem of transfers. And not matter what you all ask for, deletion isn't an option for Anet, but reshuffling you all in a washing machine of worlds will be.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

you guys don't want to acknowledge the problem and come back every two months complaining about the same thing over and over and over again. We can delete servers, but there's still the problem of transfers. And not matter what you all ask for, deletion isn't an option for Anet

We guys at EU know very well what we want. and I try to tell you clearly. You need to make sure that everyone gets a hookup. either merge some servers or add some servers. nothing else. If you feel embarrassed and don't know which server to start with, start with mine. but don't let me see this error again. Again, again, and again. Because consequently EU players (as you wrote) will ask again, again and again.

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

but reshuffling you all in a washing machine of worlds will be.

EU players have never asked for this, to solve the problem we are dealing with. That's another story. This is an initiative of ANET. It is ''if'' you are doing it to solve the problem of 3 servers in EU, please opt out now, and consider the suggestions of EU players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellbound.5610 said:

UPDATE players

Worlds are identified as a number in the database.  I bet there's a whole bunch of database procedures that also get skipped trying to run something like this...

30 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

We guys at EU know very well what we want. and I try to tell you clearly. You need to make sure that everyone gets a hookup. either merge some servers or add some servers. nothing else. If you feel embarrassed and don't know which server to start with, start with mine. but don't let me see this error again. Again, again, and again. Because consequently EU players (as you wrote) will ask again, again and again.

EU players have never asked for this, to solve the problem we are dealing with. That's another story. This is an initiative of ANET. It is ''if'' you are doing it to solve the problem of 3 servers in EU, please opt out now, and consider the suggestions of EU players.

Nah you all really don't. That's why you get one person that says delete servers, but then another complaining about WR, ok to delete an entire community as long as it's not yours. Another one crying about not getting linked as a full server, while another one crying about having another language link. One crying about not having a link to carry their full server to t1, while half a dozen servers wish bandwagons hadn't wrecked theres.

The only common theme of what you want is being selfish and not thinking of others and their situations, you're ready to displace/delete entire communities not your own.

No one asked for WR, we're getting it because players are selfish, can't control themselves, always looking to stack advantages, bandwagoning cause "they bored", they can't control themselves so anet will do it for you. I don't care about EU, I'll go back to ignoring you all. the WR train is coming whether you like it or not.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1