Please don't take my Vampirism Bonus away!

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Which is a single warrior utility skill, Or an underwater soulbeast (shark), or a specter using dawn's repose. There is the Norn wolf transformation I suppose.

That is quite a long list.

Or a Thief using Rending Shade trait. So... fear every 3 seconds or so?

Still significantly more than just Mesmer.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 8:16 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Benchmark Bros, who will tell you that your enjoyment of the game doesn't matter because the dps relics exists, will soon enter this thread.

I've read through the similar threads and pretty sure at no point this was an argument people made. Although it's the second time I see you make this claim and when asked for link/quote, you delivered 0. Now you're just in another thread repeating the same thing 🤔 

8 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Then, at this point, they'll also have to be content which a continuously dwindling player base.

But they have the stats and... pretty sure you don't? So why are you even typing out this baseless sentence? Yet another -rather empty- "do what I want or players will quit"?

We already know more relics will be added, so the choice will increase either way.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But they have the stats and... pretty sure you don't? So why are you even typing out this baseless sentence? Yet another -rather empty- "do what I want or players will quit"?

We already know more relics will be added, so the choice will increase either way.

The age old "I don't like the changes, the game is dying!"

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I would also like to have the amazing heal on kill effect back. I think it only worked in outworld zones anyway (at least I'm quite certain I never got the heal for killing players in WvW, less sure about enemy npcs though, but an outworld PvE limit could probably be easily implemented in case it's warranted).

On the whole though there doesn't seem to be many useful relics to choose from (I play guardian if someone wants to offer suggestions, mostly WB in WvW & outworld, sometimes DH, rarely support FB or core). Maybe I should just be more adventurous and try more of them, but several relics require specific types of skills to work at all (this was of course true for several runes as well.)

Or maybe I have missed some relics that actually exist already? I assume – and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong as that would be great! – the relic chests we received contain all the relics that exist in the game for now and armorsmith vendor didn't seem to have a wider selection of recipes either.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Verungi.4396 said:

I would also like to have the amazing heal on kill effect back. I think it only worked in outworld zones anyway (at least I'm quite certain I never got the heal for killing players in WvW, less sure about enemy npcs though, but an outworld PvE limit could probably be easily implemented in case it's warranted).

On the whole though there doesn't seem to be many useful relics to choose from (I play guardian if someone wants to offer suggestions, mostly WB in WvW & outworld, sometimes DH, rarely support FB or core). Maybe I should just be more adventurous and try more of them, but several relics require specific types of skills to work at all (this was of course true for several runes as well.)

Or maybe I have missed some relics that actually exist already? I assume – and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong as that would be great! – the relic chests we received contain all the relics that exist in the game for now and armorsmith vendor didn't seem to have a wider selection of recipes either.

Its all the core relics yes.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 8:21 PM, Kal Durak.2830 said:

I don't see this continued here: 

Hello, Anet, I would like this effect back too. thanks. 

You must have been my ping from here:

Well, I've basically ended up as I said in my original post: I login on my main, do dailies and weeklies, and then I go play GW1 with the rest of my time. So ~15 mins a day save the few hours (at most) to knock out the weekly. I've managed to save a lot of gold now though since I'm not building to Legendary Armor since I basically only play one toon now and I'm happy with the stats from Ascended and don't need the flexibility.

I guess if Anet is happy with that instead of me playing more or buying gold, so am I.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 10/5/2023 at 11:42 PM, Ashen.2907 said:

The other thread about this exact same subject was also created by someone with "Areoh" in their account name. Be careful, if you are alt account posting it is a bannable offense.

I started the other thread, but I don't have anything about Areoh in my account name. Unless there was a third thread about this.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They certainly could have done it. They have changed all the runes at once, too. There're no way they couldn't have added all the relics at once as well.

And if something wasn't ready, at the very least they could (and should) have waited with the release of the system until it's ready to release with all the effects.

They simply didn't want to release the system with all the effects.

Anything even resembling attempts at balance has been less than an afterthought in this game since at least the release of HoT.

There's no reason they would start trying to balance at this point, especially by omitting harmless and underperforming effects that are just adding to characters' flavours (like the summoning effects).

When people lose their fun, they leave. If they are already gone, it doesn't matter, whether or not something will be added later.

Mounts are incomparable to the Relic system. As far as I remember, nothing was taken away when they added mounts. Mounts were simply added in.

You saying something doesn't make it true.  Saying they should do something and wait when it's all done, means it's not tested bit by bit, which would be necessarily in a case like this. They're only going to get so much data off the test server. It takes interaction with players to figure out the builds the players figure out. More minds means more options. It's like saying they shouldn't do a stress test until they're sure the servers can handle it.

The truth is you believe what you believe. You don't know what they wanted and didn't want, because, presumably, you don't work there.  You believe something strongly enough, or you're annoyed by something strongly enough, to invent a narrative in your head. People who say things like they know, but they don't really know don't actually have an argument. They have a theory, which they're bought into whether it's true or not.

This game has been a successful game for the last 11 years. It's not that easy to accomplish. The company is working in the form that works for it. If it doesn't work for you, that doesn't change the fact that the game has been successful. You could argue if they did things your way it would be more successful...you just couldn't prove it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They certainly could have done it. They have changed all the runes at once, too. There're no way they couldn't have added all the relics at once as well.

And if something wasn't ready, at the very least they could (and should) have waited with the release of the system until it's ready to release with all the effects.

They simply didn't want to release the system with all the effects.

Anything even resembling attempts at balance has been less than an afterthought in this game since at least the release of HoT.

There's no reason they would start trying to balance at this point, especially by omitting harmless and underperforming effects that are just adding to characters' flavours (like the summoning effects).

When people lose their fun, they leave. If they are already gone, it doesn't matter, whether or not something will be added later.

Mounts are incomparable to the Relic system. As far as I remember, nothing was taken away when they added mounts. Mounts were simply added in.

I'm actually going to argue that point on the mounts. Not literally, of course; you're right. But philosophically. Mounts are great because you can literally run, bound, teleports, glide, and fly from point A to point B complete unmolested. Which is great. And also awful. So much of the game has now become basically skippable because of mounts. Vistas no longer need to be climbed. JPs no longer need to be solved. Whole events can be skipped. And then it gets worse. Skyscales are literally the worst thing ever introduced into GW2. Not because they're bad, on the contrary they're too good. Why raptor when you can skyscale? Why springer when you can skyscale? Why skimmer when you can skyscale? Jackals are only needed for portals and you can fly past most of those too. Mounts may have made the game more accessible, but they also stripped it if its soul.

That genie is out though. Pandoras box is open and the lid is rattling on the wind. If I had a time machine though I would go back and tell Anet absolutely no mounts, or at the very least, no skyscales.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

As developer you can track a lot of things and let's be real some runes were never used since their sixth bonus was useless. Also ppl took runes for that sixth bonus and not stats so splitting sixth bonus from runes is good decision.

You want something impossible. You will never have everyone "happy". I suppose that some removed bonuses from runes will be added as new relics either as same effect or slightly different.

Based on numbers Anet has they can see what runes are used. That was one of inputs for their decisions.

And they come before us. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, handicappergeneral.4316 said:

You must have been my ping from here:

Well, I've basically ended up as I said in my original post: I login on my main, do dailies and weeklies, and then I go play GW1 with the rest of my time. So ~15 mins a day save the few hours (at most) to knock out the weekly. I've managed to save a lot of gold now though since I'm not building to Legendary Armor since I basically only play one toon now and I'm happy with the stats from Ascended and don't need the flexibility.

I guess if Anet is happy with that instead of me playing more or buying gold, so am I.

Me too

• Confused 3

5 hours ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

I'm actually going to argue that point on the mounts. Not literally, of course; you're right. But philosophically. Mounts are great because you can literally run, bound, teleports, glide, and fly from point A to point B complete unmolested. Which is great. And also awful. So much of the game has now become basically skippable because of mounts. Vistas no longer need to be climbed. JPs no longer need to be solved. Whole events can be skipped. And then it gets worse. Skyscales are literally the worst thing ever introduced into GW2. Not because they're bad, on the contrary they're too good. Why raptor when you can skyscale? Why springer when you can skyscale? Why skimmer when you can skyscale? Jackals are only needed for portals and you can fly past most of those too. Mounts may have made the game more accessible, but they also stripped it if its soul.

But that's the players depriving themselves of the originally intended experience. That's not the developers replacing the original paths to make platforms for mounts to land on.

Relics, however, are a case of the developers taking away things and giving us something else (that's also far less than equal).

But, as mentioned above, let's get back to the topic of that we want Vampirism back. It was a flavourful effects that's hardly been impactful in numbers.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

But that's the players depriving themselves of the originally intended experience. That's not the developers replacing the original paths to make platforms for mounts to land on.

Relics, however, are a case of the developers taking away things and giving us something else (that's also far less than equal).

But, as mentioned above, let's get back to the topic of that we want Vampirism back. It was a flavourful effects that's hardly been impactful in numbers.

Again, you're right, but I'll argue all the same. While it's true that it's a players choice to mount up and just fly over the map, players are like water. They will always seek the path of least resistance and the point of lowest energy. That's why it's on the devs to direct them in the way they should go. I think Heart of Thorns is a great example. The maps are convoluted and confusing requiring you to exercise your brain to really map it out and understand it. The patrols are tough, requiring you to either refine your build or work together. And it used to be a lot worse. But now with mounts you can run past all the patrols, and with flight you can just zip from one end of the map straight to the other. No, the devs didn't just take it away. But in every practical meaning, they may as well have.

As for the main topic, I don't even know what vampirism is. I just saw something I had strong opinions on and had to go for it.

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

As for the main topic, I don't even know what vampirism is. I just saw something I had strong opinions on and had to go for it.

It was the 6th effect of the aptly named Rune of Vampirism. It gave 10% more maximum Health and restored 10% Health upon killing an enemy.

As far as numbers go, it wasn't anything too big (in my opinion), but it offered a lot of flavour for people who enjoyed a kind vampire-like build, fantasy and/or role-playing.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It was the 6th effect of the aptly named Rune of Vampirism. It gave 10% more maximum Health and restored 10% Health upon killing an enemy.

As far as numbers go, it wasn't anything too big (in my opinion), but it offered had a lot of flavour for people who enjoyed a kind vampire-like build, fantasy and/or role-playing.

Oh come on, this rune had next to nothing to do with any "fantasy/roleplaying" and everything to do with simply being a decent ow sustain addition.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Oh come on, this rune had next to nothing to do with any "fantasy/roleplaying" and everything to do with simply being a decent ow sustain addition.

You may see it that way. Others may see it differently.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

You may see it that way. Others may see it differently.

Nah, in vast majority it was used -and adviced to use- for the utility it provided. Trying to claim it was just some rp flavor piece is intentionally downplaying it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

As far as numbers go, it wasn't anything too big (in my opinion), but it offered a lot of flavour for people who enjoyed a kind vampire-like build, fantasy and/or role-playing.

Interesting. I use a full set of Traveler runes because I run celestial stats, and they have celestial bonuses. The 25% run speed doesn't hurt either. I lost 10% condition damage with SotO which....sucks, but I'm living with it. But being a staff mesmer losing any condition damage does kinda hurt. That being said though, 10% more health and 10% of my HP on kill? I would LOVE to have a vampirism rune. That'd be a hard choice between that or my relic of Mercy.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 10:38 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Nah, in vast majority it was used -and adviced to use- for the utility it provided. Trying to claim it was just some rp flavor piece is intentionally downplaying it.

Ah, so I can no longer wear my grinning vampire hood.  Thanks for letting me know. 😬

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kal Durak.2830 said:

Ah, so I can no longer wear my grinning vampire hood.  Thanks for letting me know. 😬

And you got this grinning vampire hood how?

the rune certainly did not give an effect lake that so it should still be in the game.

And noone can see the runes your wearing so you can still say you have the rune of vampire on  you aswell

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Kal Durak.2830 said:

How does that relate to anything I said and where did I say anything about you not being able to wear whatever?

Digging up a thread 2 weeks later just to respond with -as far as I understand- something irrelevant to what you've quoted would get you closer to rping necro anyways, so maybe you really should make some cosmetic changes there 😬

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1