EoD meta's "Hero's Choice Chest" rewards

Rewards from EoD meta's Hero's Choice Chest are insulting. It is like 1 ambergris for Seitung meta, 1 jade runestone for Kaineng meta, 1 jade runestone for Echowald meta, 1 antique stone for Dragon's End meta and lastly 1 jade runestone for Gyala meta as option and other options from "Hero's Choice Chest" are also not that good.

All EoD meta's "Hero's Choice Chest" rewards:

• 1x ambergris
  • 3x jade runestone
  • 1x antigue stone

Like amount of time of doing all metas is around 2 hours without Gyala maybe litle over 2 hours depend on group.

Getting those 3 items from other sources take:

• 10x ambergris per day from levi farm – around 1 hour
  • 4 or 5 jade runestones from Echowald chests – around 7 mins
  • no easy way to get antigue stones if I do not include weekly ones from vendor so lets use gold and TP; doing fractals it will be around 10 mins for 1 antique stone

I think that some changes to meta rewards are needed. Why would anyone spend 20 mins doing Seitung meta for 1 ambergris when in same tme you can do 3 levi kills and get 3 ambergris?

Btw I like EoD meta events, but rewards from them are just sad.

Perosnally I would like to see increased rewards from meta's daily chests and to even it out decreased rewards from other sources. For example Seitung Province: Hero's Choice Chest give you 3x ambergris and levi limit will be reduced from 10x ambergris per day to 8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

In my opinion more rewards shouldn't just be bundled into the last chest of the metas, instead the rewards for the events leading towards it should get better, so player who help to progress the meta get rewarded more and not the multi account farmers and leechers who are already a problem at some events.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

In my opinion more rewards shouldn't just be bundled into the last chest of the metas, instead the rewards for the events leading towards it should get better, so player who help to progress the meta get rewarded more and not the multi account farmers and leechers who are already a problem at some events.

I think this is the better solution. Or perhaps a combination of both - using the particpation tiers to up the rewards in the hero's chest.

For example, someone who particpiated in the entire Aetherblade chain could get 2-3 ambergris compared to 1 for just turning up for the the boss.

It would have to be balanced so as not to devalue the items too much, but it seems a more effective reward system assuming Anet felt there was an issue

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

That's already how rewards for EoD events are setup. The main resource acquired from EoD metas and events is imperial favor, which is one of the main gated resources for crafting gen3 legendaries.Skipping the pre-events cuts the imperial favor gained nearly in half for almost all metas.

@toipc creator

EoD metas are not "as rewarding" in traditional resources because they are designed to be desirable as primary source of imperial favor which feeds into the gen3 legy system. As far as gold per hour, almost no meta in the game comes close to dedicated farms. Most metas are desirable because they are semi rewarding with additional rewards like specific items gated behind them (often infusions) or other unique resources.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I think this is the better solution. Or perhaps a combination of both - using the particpation tiers to up the rewards in the hero's chest.

For example, someone who particpiated in the entire Aetherblade chain could get 2-3 ambergris compared to 1 for just turning up for the the boss.

It would have to be balanced so as not to devalue the items too much, but it seems a more effective reward system assuming Anet felt there was an issue

So similar way as you get rewards for Amnytas meta. That's actually good idea.

I've generally regarded the main reward for metas to be what you get other than the hero's choice, whether along the way, in the final chests, or both. The hero's choice chest is a nice bonus, not the reason you do it. I generally do the EoD metas at most once per week, for instance (note: I'm not saying this is because they're bad: I tend to vary up what I'm playing rather than following a set routine or train).

• Like 1