Long standing queue bug fixes Oct. 17th

Loke.1429

World vs. World

• Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect map queue numbers to be displayed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused "Queue is ready" pop-ups to disappear after loading screens.
  • Fixed an issue that caused queue slots to be held longer than expected after players selected Reenter Queue or Leave Queue.

😁 Thanks! For me this is big, I had totally given up hope that they would ever fix this ancient bug. Hoping it is 100% fixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CrimsonOneThree.5682 said:

Ironically, it was something they were working on fixing, alongside WvW Restructuring iirc.

Yeah, but I have to wonder if it was a twofer for them as they we were working on adding ways to queue PvE maps at the time and this was a bonus chance to see if they could see the WvW bug at the same time. Which I am not saying wasn't a good thing if it means it bugged the PvE maps which then granted the bugs more urgency to get fixed in both spots. If it fixes even two of the queue bug types that is an improvement and will give it a thumbs up.

25 minutes ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

The day after the patch dropped I was queued for home bl and was on queue position Nr. 1 for a long time. When I gave up and left the queue - what a surprise - there wasn't a queue on hbl anymore and I could enter immediately. So same old, same old.

That bug wasn't one of the ones listed as fixed.

22 minutes ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

I would say telling you you are number 1 in queue while there is no queue is an "incorrect map queue number displayed" but ymmv.

Possibly.  I took it more as you hit the bug where you are stuck in queue rather than a reporting/display issue.  I think it is caused by some sort of race condition that happens when a mass of people all attempt to enter a map at the same time.