a question Clicker

dimavol.1357

The rule is one button press = 1 action, so this is against the rules. The question is whether you'd get caught.

Personally I wouldn't risk it. If you're having trouble running and attacking at the same time I'd look for a way to make that easier for you (especially since that's a useful thing to be able to do in this game). If you're not already using it I strongly recommend auto-run so you don't need to hold down a key or mouse button to move. You could also rearrange your keyboard bindings (almost all keys can be changed) to something you find more comfortable and easy to use.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Well you quote the Policy which also contains this:

"You cannot use macros to participate in activities or events, such as Bell Choir."

and this (which can be argued a bit due to wording - wth does "particularly" while AFK means????)

"You cannot use macros for the sole purpose of farming items, currencies, karma, or other benefits in the game, particularly while away from the keyboard (AFK)."

Since the OP wants to automate an activity (hitting mobs to tag them and get rewards) it's way too risky.

I cannot understand why doesn't he/she just keep the key pressed and select auto-targetting from the in-game options (even if they use a heavy object to keep the key pressed while using the mouse to move around)?

Edited by gousgou.5438
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

"You cannot use macros to participate in activities or events, such as Bell Choir."

thay ment, you can't make macro that automaticly complite event for you, in Bell Choir, you wuld be reqired to macro your whole keybord

"You cannot use macros for the sole purpose of farming items, currencies, karma, or other benefits in the game

thay ment skill chain, like when you only walk to mob, and then your character do full  rotation automaticly

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

thay ment, you can't make macro that automaticly complite event for you, in Bell Choir, you wuld be reqired to macro your whole keybord

thay ment skill chain, like when you only walk to mob, and then your character do full  rotation automaticly

Sure, when the OP is banned I expect that you will argue with ANet on his behalf and unban his account based on your interpretations of their rules, correct?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

sorry to have unrelated question but I can't find the topic. I am trying to join a group to run the Labyrinth.  I went to LFG/Festivals/Large group/     the box comes up with the squads and so forth. I find an open group, click on join but end up in a group by myself.  I have gone thru the portal to the Labyrinth and am standing on the platform if that helps. Thx in advance.

9 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Where did you get this definitions from? Anets usual rule was one button = one action, and auto-clickers, which would be rather the same as a macro that spams one skill, are seen as macros too and only allowed for a very limited use.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, robzmom.8137 said:

sorry to have unrelated question but I can't find the topic. I am trying to join a group to run the Labyrinth.  I went to LFG/Festivals/Large group/     the box comes up with the squads and so forth. I find an open group, click on join but end up in a group by myself.  I have gone thru the portal to the Labyrinth and am standing on the platform if that helps. Thx in advance.

When you join any squad (no only the squads in the Labyrinth) and you are at the same map as the squad members (you can actually see the members as blue dots in the mini map and the map) you need to right click on a member of the squad list/grid (ideally the squad commander) select the option to "Join them" at their instance of the map (on the squad grid green boxes represent people that are at the same instance of the map as you and grey/empty boxes represent members at different instances of the map - or even other maps entirely).

Note that some map instances that you want to go to can be full and you have the option to join a queue to transfer there (it is very common in squads for the labyrinth and squads for meta events and world bosses if you don't join a bit earlier than the start of the event).

Hope that helps.

Edited by gousgou.5438
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Input is the means by which a player can control the game, he control a game by moving around

It doesn't matter, if he moves or not, as long as the attacks are triggered automatically by a third party programm, it is against the macro and the third party programm policy

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Input is the means by which a player can control the game, he control a game by moving around

While I will grant you that this point in particular is a little ambiguous;

• You cannot use macros to automate skill use while away from your computer. 

It would imply that you may use macros to automate skill use while at your computer.

There are three other points that seem pretty black and white to me;

• You cannot use macros to participate in activities or events, such as Bell Choir.
  • You cannot use macros for the sole purpose of farming items, currencies, karma, or other benefits in the game, particularly while away from the keyboard (AFK).
  • You cannot use macros to create skill chains in any competitive environment, including PvP, WvW, open world activities, races, etc.

I would argue that the doors in the Labyrinth are events and the only reason the OP wants to use a macro is to farm trick-or-treat bags, which fall under "items, currencies, karma, or other benefits". One could also argue that repeatedly and automatically (i.e. without additional input) pressing the basic attack key counts as a skill chain.

I don't personally have a problem with someone doing this, it's also impossible for anyone to really tell without some form of detection software. I think your chances of being caught are therefore quite slim. That said though, you've no excuse if you are caught and A-nets own interpretation of these rules is that it is an infraction.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gousgou.5438 said:

When you join any squad (no only the squads in the Labyrinth) and you are at the same map as the squad members (you can actually see the members as blue dots in the mini map and the map) you need to right click on a member of the squad list/grid (ideally the squad commander) select the option to "Join them" at their instance of the map (on the squad grid green boxes represent people that are at the same instance of the map as you and grey/empty boxes represent members at different instances of the map - or even other maps entirely).

Note that some map instances that you want to go to can be full and you have the option to join a queue to transfer there (it is very common in squads for the labyrinth and squads for meta events and world bosses if you don't join a bit earlier than the start of the event).

Hope that helps.

Your reply makes sense and is what I had believed previously. In game, it was "just right click on comm and join" but we were not in the same instance. I couldn't join but at least know I wasn't dumb or crazy( which was suggested in chat, lol). TY - will try for a box with other players.