2 easy solutions to the tower/keep hacker problem

Zephyrus.9680

Forget all these requirements and maybe have anet take reports seriously? 

There is only one tool that we have and its not even monitored at all.

If people are cheating or abusing exploits it should be a ban. Just leave things the way they are and maybe actually fix the whole reporting process so it has a purpose rather than it just sitting there looking pretty.

edit: grammer, English is hard.

Edited by Nanoir.2315
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

The multiple people cap idea isn't actually a bad one. Just make it 2 for towers/keeps. The people "practicing solo capping" are probably the ones exploiting into objectives.

Its 2023 not 2015.

Ah yes... that will fix it completly... thank god 90% of these exploiters do not play classes that have access to a portal so that they cannot bring reinforcements!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

I said I was sorry!
It's obvious now that I cannot compete with your superior knowledge of the mind of exploiters.

Honestly its a pointless debate anyhow because its a minor problem. Most objectives flip from being sieged. The people having a problem with this exploit stuff frequently need to tailor a counter and then abuse the hell out of it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

The multiple people cap idea isn't actually a bad one. Just make it 2 for towers/keeps. The people "practicing solo capping" are probably the ones exploiting into objectives.

Its 2023 not 2015.

lol, yup my 31st alt's name is CanzIHaveAHackz. kitten I guess I should have just used GrimzIzAHackz instead. Maybe for toon 34. No people that practice solo capping were on servers that were normally in T1 and then after server politics imploded their server crashed all the way to T8 so havocs were left with using as little players as possible to take as many targets at the same as possible before being zerged over. 

Outside of the joking, unless its the Necro NET on DBL, who needs two for any tower if you are set with a roamer build? 

• Confused 1

Maybe some servers should zerg less and use more scouts. The number of times that zergs respond to a breach and then don't actually check for people still inside is quite amazing. I even callout my own server and links there. They assume that the scouts will stick around to do all the repairs and to track down targets left inside while they run off and then cry foul how did we lose that after we just cleared them out. I am not saying we don't have exploits nor there aren't bad actors that should be addressed, but the number of times that players throw out the hack card is still much higher than the actual hacks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

two easy solutions:

FIX THE GODDAMN MAPS.

Easy.

REMOVE STEALTH

Easy.

The second would also fix most other problems in wvw.

Anet will defend Toxic Philosophy and Toxic Game Design including Stealth Mechanic, with exploits, cheating and hacking to the grave.

The only solution to Guild Wars 2 11 years+ problems, is to Terminate, Replace and Restruct an entire Anet Team, whose Mission and Vision aligns with the players mindset of a Healthy Competitive Experience with putting their concerns and experiences first.

Until there are news of Anet Restructuring, don't bother 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Maybe some servers should zerg less and use more scouts. The number of times that zergs respond to a breach and then don't actually check for people still inside is quite amazing. I even callout my own server and links there. They assume that the scouts will stick around to do all the repairs and to track down targets left inside while they run off and then cry foul how did we lose that after we just cleared them out. I am not saying we don't have exploits nor there aren't bad actors that should be addressed, but the number of times that players throw out the hack card is still much higher than the actual hacks.

We have watched them hack in front of us, when we are scouting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

We have watched them hack in front of us, when we are scouting.

And how many other servers just call hack when its a havoc playing smart? Again I don't claim there are no hacks, but if players are going to doubt that roamers and havocs can't take on NPCs, sorry that was players not playing smart. Posters just muddy the situation with solutions that remove valid play which is why I will say no, you are encouraging sloppy play for the few that might be bad actors. Focus on the hacks, visit the other forums and send in tickets based on info gleamed there to support if you actually want fixes. But don't impact legit play, zerg play already has the advantage, no need to bolster them further. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

And how many other servers just call hack when its a havoc playing smart? Again I don't claim there are no hacks, but if players are going to doubt that roamers and havocs can't take on NPCs, sorry that was players not playing smart. Posters just muddy the situation with solutions that remove valid play which is why I will say no, you are encouraging sloppy play for the few that might be bad actors. Focus on the hacks, visit the other forums and send in tickets based on info gleamed there to support if you actually want fixes. But don't impact legit play, zerg play already has the advantage, no need to bolster them further. 

In a general sense you have a point... But atm, there is an epidemic of glitching keeps.  Since the info is, out there, in an easily accessible form.  I play most NA servers, and people have been talking about it everywhere I go.

On 11/3/2023 at 3:57 AM, Zephyrus.9680 said:

#1.  If inner walls and doors are up, give "Marked" (sentry effect) around the lord. This will show when hackers are doing the thing.  

#2. If inner walls and doors are up, give lords a fixed 10,000 HP regen/sec in combat. That's about 1 player's worth of DPS. 

Or these can be unconditional effects. But the "inner doors and walls" condition makes it hardly affect anyone else.

Either one of these or both can easily address the problem.

or fix the bug maybe ? they could make an invisible small wall in the spot people glitch in to towers so you can't access the spot anymore , but they don't , they game devs , do you realy think you just inspired them and found the ultimate solution to fix the problem ? they simply don't wanna invest time into wvw right now , cause its the least of their worries , they know the wvw community gonna still be playing no matter what , and taking a tower or keep is not a big deal for them , why do you think they don't update pvp tii , their pvp devs only care about balance changes , no more. i understand the frustration , but ur simply wasting your time complaining in forums.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Its 2023 not 2015.

Twice in one day I was able to solo cap two different towers in red bl while on my engineer.

All I did was stand behind a wall, cross my fingers and chant "please don't see me, please don't see  me, please don't see me".

Like, when I was in one tower, I already knew the enemy was going counter clockwise, on the map, so I just stowed my mech away, and stood behind a wall in the direction I was sure they were not going to go.

And twice it worked. The enemy left amd when the RI dropped,  I moved from my spots and took the towers. 

So I'd prefer not to lose this. It is easy to kite a tower lord on an engineer  throwing grenades, while running in circles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/8/2023 at 6:01 AM, Nanoir.2315 said:

Forget all these requirements and maybe have anet take reports seriously? 

There is only one tool that we have and its not even monitored at all.

If people are cheating or abusing exploits it should be a ban. Just leave things the way they are and maybe actually fix the whole reporting process so it has a purpose rather than it just sitting there looking pretty.

edit: grammer, English is hard.

Yea the main problem is the reporting system being really bad and the fact it is very hard to actually click precisely on someone that's exploiting for obvious reasons.

But no doubt the report system is also abused by petty or ignorant idiots that clog up the system.

There is, of course, no excuse to let the same exploiters to run amok for years. It is to the point I already know who people are talking about even if I am not in the matchup (they're probably still on JQ). And barring that making barriers higher seems like pulling teeth.

Maybe we should claim it affects the economy somehow, that usually takes priority over everything else anyways. You can illegally jump into a tower? I sleep. Something in the gem store is mislabeled? Real kitten! Kick everyone out of WvW to fix it!

It's just crazy how people have lost faith in the reporting system and are coming up with alternatives in the forums. 

9 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Maybe we should claim it affects the economy somehow

Feel like that's something that'll get you banned kekw.

Edited by Nanoir.2315

So I admit my issue is in requiring numbers to do things. I went to defend a tower that had swords. As soon as I entered the door it flipped. I admit I was too late. The other side though was lazy and didn't even check for players making it in. As soon as RI was up I re took it. So any solution to deal with hacks should not limit legit player options. Note to posters that are mixing these, hacks and exploits are not the same. Exploits should be fixed as soon as possible. Hacks also need to be addressed but may take more time to counter code. In both cases there is no reason to limit legit play. 

On 11/8/2023 at 9:08 AM, Nanoir.2315 said:

Surely if there's actual mass reporting it shouldn't be hard for a dev to just go where its happening and review the player in question.

Not sure how to target/report players underground. For example: 

I also "caught" one in a keep a few days ago except there was no one to catch because the lord was being attacked from under the map.

• Like 1

I haven't seen it get this bad for a long time. Atm it's just mirages with permanent distortion and people portaling others after literally walking thru walls.

At this point it feels like either we hush and suck it up or go to random gaming news outlets and get articles done to do something about this nonsense.

Clearly the Devs are too busy fixing important game breaking things like the grammatically correct off-line.

7 hours ago, Zephyrus.9680 said:

Not sure how to target/report players underground. For example: 

I also "caught" one in a keep a few days ago except there was no one to catch because the lord was being attacked from under the map.

That's a good video of what you are seeing. Usually if players are under the terrain you can still tab target and get a lock on so this looks something different. 

• Like 1

This is a controversial and wild new thought but... why not just do a pass on the tower collision geometry to fix the problem.

You can literally automate the process. Its how some games avoid having holes you can fall in and not escape from. You use a scanning algorithm. Anet should have devs capable of this on their team, they just now made a new map for pve.

Edited by Sahfur.5612
  • Like 3

A player complaint in our group party in Final Fantasy 14 Online chat with including a similar video where she and others witnessed a Thief Profession player teleporting through wall then porting Mesmer Profession players, to teleport the rest other players. 

Once again, don't believe anything, words, changes including of any "balance changes" until there is a complete restructure of Anet Company. Who does not promote, condone, orchestracte, support, promote or justifies 11 years of continuing hacks, exploits, cheating by Thief Profession.

I will NOT believe Anet and encourage The Community to do the same, until Anet postes notes about, their Company restructing with including removing/reworking Thief Profession, Stealth Mechanic and Portal Entre.

The Entire Balance Team, Design Team Including Their Leaders Must Be Terminated and Replaced!!

Until then, don't bother caring for this exploit, hack and cheating game by a Company who allows, promotes and who continually defends it for 11 years+

“What you permit, you promote. What you allow, you encourage. What you condone, you own."

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 1