Virtuoso Floating Daggers

Blur.3465

Dear Anet,

Can we please get an option to hide floating daggers out of combat?
I started playing Virtuoso today and I absolutely love it, but I cannot stand the floating daggers above my character. They are bright, pink and ruin the vibe and immersion when NOT in combat.
It would be so nice to have it optional whether we want to show them or not.

Thanks ❤️

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

This floating annoyance is the single reason why I refuse to play Virtuoso.

In the first beta, we could at least get rid of them by "wasting" them on a Bladesong. But they removed that option by having Blades restock passively and even out of combat.

I'd really enjoy having the option to remove this floating unnecessity from my screen.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

This floating annoyance is the single reason why I refuse to play Virtuoso.

In the first beta, we could at least get rid of them by "wasting" them on a Bladesong. But they removed that option by having Blades restock passively and even out of combat.

I'd really enjoy having the option to remove this floating unnecessity from my screen.

It's the main thing that kept me from playing Virtuoso as well.
I then went against myself and tried it out...and boy oh boy, does it play smooth and feels rewarding compared to slow staff/staff Mirage.
But the floating daggers are still being a huge nuisance for me.
My character is based off of Phantom of the Opera, so wielding a rapier sword + dagger with roses and rose focus makes him look really good. The pink floating daggers on the other hand really, REALLY ruin it. 

Floaty...
Gorgeous weapons and annoying floaty daggers again...

Gorgeous rose focus -- hiding the floaty daggers just to show how much better it is without them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Make it possible to hide virtuoso's daggers, ranger's pets and all minis regardless of map load; just keep the ranger pets where it's relevant. Now that would reduce the visual AND sound clutter that annoys me the most. Doubt it'll happen - we could hide minis before, now they're imposed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Mevelios.4809 said:

Make it possible to hide virtuoso's daggers, ranger's pets and all minis regardless of map load; just keep the ranger pets where it's relevant. Now that would reduce the visual AND sound clutter that annoys me the most. Doubt it'll happen - we could hide minis before, now they're imposed.

So, SO much this! It will also greatly help with FPS

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Blur.3465 said:

So, SO much this! It will also greatly help with FPS

Not sure it would make much of a difference, player effects are a lot more intense; what I'm most sensible to is first the sound annoyance they produce (so much I just mute the game, surely doesn't incite me to purchase one of the music toys eh) second the meaningless visual clutter. Yeah, it may incite other purchases, but c'mon - just give back players the choice!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, VeronicanPlay.1945 said:

I seriously doubt they will do anything about this. Soulbeast's have been crying about the green fart cloud for years now.

>> Untamed Fart Cloud enters chat. 🤣

Regardless of personal preference when it comes to style and colors, I think it is important to note that all these effects are visual cues for players. Maybe not necessarily required for yourself but for others (e.g. PvP) to enable plays. This also applies to the specific color schemes each class has. I doubt ANet will ever change that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

>> Untamed Fart Cloud enters chat. 🤣

Regardless of personal preference when it comes to style and colors, I think it is important to note that all these effects are visual cues for players. Maybe not necessarily required for yourself but for others (e.g. PvP) to enable plays. This also applies to the specific color schemes each class has. I doubt ANet will ever change that.

Giving us options to disable specific visuals on our own screens literally does not effect any other player.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2023 at 5:45 PM, Tanek.5983 said:

Hiding daggers would be great, even though the visual does not bother me so much.
What DOES bother me out of combat is being put back in combat stance for every single dagger that replenishes.

In my experience, I only had this happening when I had this trait slotted: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Inspiration the heal proc from it was causing the combat stance with every auto-generated blade - without that trait slotted my character does no longer do that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 1:14 PM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

In my experience, I only had this happening when I had this trait slotted: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Illusionary_Inspiration the heal proc from it was causing the combat stance with every auto-generated blade - without that trait slotted my character does no longer do that.

Not just that as the other day I thought the game was glitched because everytime I used a pair of diving goggles I would revert back to normal mid jump. After awhile I figured out  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Compounding_Power was the culprit. Once i removed it I completed the jump.

Seems its  any trait that procs when a blade or clone is summoned.

Edited by Doam.8305

5 hours ago, Doam.8305 said:

Not just that as the other day I thought the game was glitched because everytime I used a pair of diving goggles I would revert back to normal mid jump. After awhile I figured out  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Compounding_Power was the culprit. Once i removed it I completed the jump.

Seems its  any trait that procs when a blade or clone is summoned.

Interesting, I didn't use illusions traitline enough to notice any weirdness with that particular trait, but that would be indeed the common ground between the two.

try using the signet of illusions or infinite forge; that will also cause you to summon a blade every 10 seconds in combat or 3 seconds with the latter. nothing is going to change with floating daggers, as I've accepted that they will stay with me until I use them. honestly, compared to unintentionally summoning a clone with SOI on other mesmer specs, it makes floating daggers a non-issue. 😳

Edited by mirage.8046

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 11:00 AM, Blur.3465 said:

Was hoping for a little option this patch, but seems nothing 😞
I swear I saw a Virtuoso roaming around the new zone without any blades showing though @.@ 

It glitches often, for example I have one build that uses scepter, whenever I switch to it the blades glitch out and disappear. 

Virt Blades, Mechanist, Ranger Pets are definitely eyesores in most content.

I'd settle for a colored skin at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2