any1 complaining that ranger isn't strong enough, or will be bad next patch is COPING

Eddie.9143

no guys, I mean power untamed with smokescale/wolf or drake. longbow/gs

it's insanely strong, you can stealth burst, block, swap weapons, CC, stealth again, burst from stealth, rinse repeat.

in the meantime u got crazy pet damage and teleports, baked in projectile denial, tons of cc, a heal every 9 seconds that does crazy dmg, mad boons, lots of barrier. if you haven't  dueled a GOOD power untamed, then you just have no idea / / we're not playing at the same levels. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Hasn't been relevant in 8 months.

Even Boyce switched to power soulbeast prior to OWP nerf because Untamed is so bad, and I know you aren't Boyce level.  

Bro i watched you play, literally nothing you say here holds any value. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I told you, we need to keep balancing this game around the one player who is still good at _ thing.

Power Herald is still OP, and since 2015! Please make Shiro abilities cost 65 energy, double cooldowns again and nerf Infuse Light because 2s every 30s is still way too much, should be 0.5s.

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I have only ever played power mirage in pvp and nothing else lol. My perspective is entirely unique from anyone else here, even yours. Nice attempt though trying to just dismiss me like that, as if me playing thief or not has anything to do with Ranger strengths and weaknesses.

Like I said, Ranger isn't the best, but it's definitely one of the best atm and will be until at least Nov 28th after which everything gets shaken up, so can't really tell where classes will actually land, but even then it's still hard to imagine Ranger will rank low simply due to the nature of the class and how it plays. It's a very safe class for every game mode simply due to the pet+longbow. (and you know this)

Anyone who pvps intuitively knows this because ranger is almost always on one of the teams. Like seriously it's the class I've seen most consistently throughout all matches, but in fairness I will give you that almost nobody plays Soul Beast atm since it seems like untamed does everything better.

Now you can dismiss this again but it won't make it any less true. You talk about ele's having bias but yours is so obvious here.

Where do you rank ranger currently btw if not top? Are you seriously trying to convince people that Ranger is B tier or something? 😆

Ranger Pet AI and CC has been a long contention amongst many pvpers and here I can show you my bias.

I absolutely hate pet AI and pet CC. Why do I as a Mesmer, have to literally sacrifice my entire class identity around mixing myself with my clones, simply because the pet AI will always target the real mesmer?

Pet CC is also free. It cost the ranger nothing, yet grants some of the most powerful tools that sway team fights. In the visual mess that gw2, there is no pvper that can actively see the pet and react to it in time. Not unless it's a 1v1. I refuse to believe anyone can reliably and consistently keep track of PET animations in pvp fights let alone large scale wvw battles.

Such powerful tools shouldn't be given to AI companions, and if they are, they should come with serious drawbacks, otherwise everyone would just play ranger because the pet does everything; See mechanist on EoD launch.

So, by the inherent nature of Ranger, it has to be nerfed in all areas. Rannger should never be as mobile as thief, it should never be as tanky as warrior, it should never do as much damage as willbender or mesmer burst, because again, if it did, it would be better because it also has pets.

For the most part, ranger follows this exact philosophy, but then there's untamed and all EoD specs which were purposefully designed to break traditional balance.

So you want ranger buffs? Well the pet CC has to go then, so then Anet can move that power over to Ranger. (which I'm fine with, I actually think atm Ranger is the most balanced class, with untamed being a slight outlier. The point is, the class is consisent, easy to learn, hard to master, and performs very well in literally all areas. You can recommend to new players, and experienced players alike.)

A mesmer main complaining about ranger had to feel embarrassed for finding the pet or an op class, mesmer has almost 20 seconds of invulnerability, high damage, invisibility, and worst of all transforming the opponent into MOA. If you become invisible, the pet won't continue chasing you, because I'll have to mark which one is real to tell the pet to follow and run as if playing tag, hide and seek...

Not to mention the conditions that are high, in addition to dodging several times...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sereath.1428 said:

I told you, we need to keep balancing this game around the one player who is still good at _ thing.

Power Herald is still OP, and since 2015! Please make Shiro abilities cost 65 energy, double cooldowns again and nerf Infuse Light because 2s every 30s is still way too much, should be 0.5s.

I really hope this is sarcasm hehe. If it isn't sarcasm, can I borrow some of that stuf you're using 

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

I had to because
It's still too good at killing 6.4k HP targets through fences. Two seconds for that is still way too fast!

he should have used his dodge yes, he should have expected a teleport when he was low and revenant was in shiro stance lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

no guys, I mean power untamed with smokescale/wolf or drake. longbow/gs

it's insanely strong, you can stealth burst, block, swap weapons, CC, stealth again, burst from stealth, rinse repeat.

in the meantime u got crazy pet damage and teleports, baked in projectile denial, tons of cc, a heal every 9 seconds that does crazy dmg, mad boons, lots of barrier. if you haven't  dueled a GOOD power untamed, then you just have no idea / / we're not playing at the same levels. 

It can be pretty crazy when played well, I agree. We'll see how it shakes out with upcoming changes.

5 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Bro i watched you play, literally nothing you say here holds any value. 

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Bro you can't even spell...literally nothing you say here holds any value.  

I do feel like average players still deserve a voice on the PvP forums / balance, but imo, @Gotejjeken.1267 , for your skill level you seem to have an inflated sense of authority here. Props for posting your gameplay, but trust me it's obvious to many. It wouldn't be so bad if you posted infrequently, or chose meaningful points to focus on over minor errors.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I do feel like average players still deserve a voice on the PvP forums / balance, but imo, @Gotejjeken.1267 , for your skill level you seem to have an inflated sense of authority here. Props for posting your gameplay, but trust me it's obvious to many. It wouldn't be so bad if you posted infrequently, or chose meaningful points to focus on over minor errors.

Why would I post infrequently? Can have a thousand 'nerf ranger' topics, literal classism with only ranger nerfs in the actual patch, etc. and I should post infrequently based on a 30 second clip; I do have a YouTube if you want to see manicured videos, not meme ones about how 'special needs' the pets are.  

I mean you are literally chastising me in a topic named 'any1 complaining that ranger isn't strong enough, or will be bad next patch is COPING' lol--it sounds like it was written at a third grade reading level....so since we're down there, might as well shitpost when I can.  

I mean, oh sorry for the serious reply..."I need you to post again to get 1000 total and then stop posting forever".  🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Why would I post infrequently? Can have a thousand 'nerf ranger' topics, literal classism with only ranger nerfs in the actual patch, etc. and I should post infrequently based on a 30 second clip; I do have a YouTube if you want to see manicured videos, not meme ones about how 'special needs' the pets are.  

I mean you are literally chastising me in a topic named 'any1 complaining that ranger isn't strong enough, or will be bad next patch is COPING' lol--it sounds like it was written at a third grade reading level....so since we're down there, might as well shitpost when I can.  

Yeah the title is a bit meme-y, but that's video game / stream talk for you. We are coming out of a pretty dominant Warrior / Ranger meta so you have to understand people's frustrations. Engi had a much less reasonable, troll poster spamming 10s if not 100s of strange videos a year or two back to the point he became well-known (NHBT). If you think a post is obviously wrong, sometimes it's just not worth the attention. Hell, I think you bumped an irrelevant conversation about Ranger downstate at least 10 times recently. 

If you want me to break down some of the oddities of your longer gameplay videos, I can sometime.

37 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I mean, oh sorry for the serious reply..."I need you to post again to get 1000 total and then stop posting forever".  🤣

You might get your wish lol. And just to be clear, that original post was a joke about OCD-like desires for perfection, not an attempt to be mean.

Edited by bethekey.8314

10 hours ago, Rap Tiger.1257 said:

A mesmer main complaining about ranger had to feel embarrassed for finding the pet or an op class, mesmer has almost 20 seconds of invulnerability, high damage, invisibility, and worst of all transforming the opponent into MOA. If you become invisible, the pet won't continue chasing you, because I'll have to mark which one is real to tell the pet to follow and run as if playing tag, hide and seek...

Not to mention the conditions that are high, in addition to dodging several times...

HUGE LOL at 20 seconds of invulnerability. You obviously do not pvp.

This is just more copium from someone who didn't read anything I wrote. I played ONE DODGE Power Mirage so that whole dodging several times makes your post even more laughable.