Why does the new Legendary Starter Kit contain 2 repeats from the last kit?

Adzekul.3104

So everyone is saying the purpose of these is to dw them BUT, correct me if I'm wrong, can you have the same legendary twice??? Cuz I thought you need 1 of each to dw same weapon.

Ex: for dw 1h swords: bolt+shining blade, bolt+aurene's fang, shining blade+aurene's fang.

Honestly I don't know, for sure they said there were some limitations and people who had more than the x max amount per legendary weapon god a selectable legendary box or something like that.

Edited by Howluffu.7259
highlighting stuff

2 hours ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

So everyone is saying the purpose of these is to dw them BUT, correct me if I'm wrong, can you have the same legendary twice??? Cuz I thought you need 1 of each to dw same weapon.

Ex: for dw 1h swords: bolt+shining blade, bolt+aurene's fang, shining blade+aurene's fang.

Honestly I don't know, for sure they said there were some limitations and people who had more than the x max amount per legendary weapon god a selectable legendary box or something like that.

Yes that is you can have up to 4 bolts 4 shining blades and 4 aurene's fang in the vault.

if you had 5 of either you got a legendary box since you only got 4 equipment slots to put them.

So yes you can totaly have 2 bolt without a problem and it give you twice told legend achievement.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

The armory allows you to have up to 4 individual Legendaries that can be used in either hand. Off hand or main hand only and two handed are limited to 2

• Like 1

I'm actually a little disappointed. I made the bifrost out of the last box and started the Meteorlogicus on my own since, you know, only one box. Then the vault refreshes and Bolt and Quip come back, but not the scepter. So I got the predator this time. I'll have that ready for when the next expansion drops, but I sure would have liked the scepter I could use now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keefe.3821 said:

Really sucks honestly. I was looking forward to maybe Incinerator but we get same 2 from previous season. What the point of that?

Wtf 

If others here are correct, the point is for people who want to dual wield them. If so, I expect we will see the same if and when Frostfang and Incinerator show up in the kit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

A better question is why are you expecting rewards from doing anything in this game? The last few years should have made it very clear Anet has no interesting in rewarding players for investing time into their game.

1) Not sure what you mean by this.

2) Are you still playing?

3) If yes, and you believe you get nothing from it, followup question: Why?

I think it is legitimate to wonder why ANet decided to repeat two of the legendary starters already in the 2nd kit. Given that it was the two that can dual-wield, it does seem like it was on purpose rather than an accident, but technically we don't know that for sure. Personally, I think it is odd to prioritize dual legendaries over unique selections, but maybe a secondary purpose was to slow the release of new ones. I don't think that is a great reason, but again, we don't know.

Your thoughts? What do you think would have been proper rewaerds for your time if jumpstarted legendaries isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

There is no reason to ever make two of the exact same legendary.

25 ap is 25 ap!
Also weapons can be used in more than one slot at the same time and if someone just wants a leggy instead of a new skin then that's another reason.

So... wrong.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1