Please revert the weaponmaster bug fix stopping pre level 80 using elite spec weapons.

Raseus.2543

It was really nice leveling new characters with new tools. I don't see any harm in giving people who have weaponmaster unlocked the ability to use those weapons also for leveling. 
I also fear that if the weaponmaster is locked behind 80 that the new weapons added to each class will also be, again it would really be nice to be able to play those weapons while leveling.

If you don't revert those changes then please tell us why we should not be able to use elite spec weapons before 80. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Albadaran.1283 said:

It seems logical to me that only experienced characters can use weaponmaster.

Sure, but that kind of logic might also have us not able to use mounts or gliding until level 80. I'm wondering what it hurts to have the weapons available to all characters.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Albadaran.1283 said:

It seems logical to me that only experienced characters can use weaponmaster.

As someone that has frequently used under level 80/new characters, and been able to use weaponmaster just fine before this update, I can definitely assure this is new and doesn't seem intentional as even with this update, the weapon was working just fine until it was randomly unequipped, or manually unequipped. Not to mention, underleveled characters can still equip them in PvP without any problems - the backpack straps can't be equipped by anyone right now, even level 80 characters in the lobby.

So yes, this is 100% bugged.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Shortbow on rev has to be unlocked by the first points into renegade.

I thought weaponmaster is about being able to use those spec weapons on other specs. Like I can use greatsword on herald now.

I talked to someone that only had HoT and SoTO, and they were able to unlock greatsword for Herald even though they didn't own EoD to unlock Vindicator.  I can't confirm this since I have all the expansions...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yesterday I checked my other low-lvl Chars with elite spec weapons and they still can use it, but if you take the weapon out of the slot you can't equip it again.

I also looked at the weapon tooltip but there's nothing that says you can't use it. That's realy great for new players who buy/get such a weapon and wonder why

they can't equip it. The whole thing doesn't make much sense.😕

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, josdra.1648 said:

Yesterday I checked my other low-lvl Chars with elite spec weapons and they still can use it, but if you take the weapon out of the slot you can't equip it again.

I also looked at the weapon tooltip but there's nothing that says you can't use it. That's realy great for new players who buy/get such a weapon and wonder why

they can't equip it. The whole thing doesn't make much sense.😕

Oh the tooltip does not say you can't use it anymore? It did before weaponmaster was a thing. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

I talked to someone that only had HoT and SoTO, and they were able to unlock greatsword for Herald even though they didn't own EoD to unlock Vindicator.  I can't confirm this since I have all the expansions...

according to AN pre-release statements you are supposed to be able to access the weapons of specific especs, without owning respective expansion, the trait lines requiring the expacs to obtain and use.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Also, that thread seems to indicate that this is not a bug.  Nothing official, but apparently the wiki has been changed which leads some to believe that it is so.

Communication of intent is definitely on vacation for this update. Hopefully it has a nice restful trip and comes back ready to do some work.

• Like 2