New pet?

Arheundel.6451

https://www.buffed.de/Guild-Wars-2-Spiel-17072/Specials/Secrets-of-the-Obscure-Vorschau-angespielt-1426749/

Had to use google translate since I don't speak German but this article from before launch mentions more pets being added after launch but I can't find any other info.

"While Waldis will get a magical land shark at launch that simply swims through the earth, more pets will be added after launch."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

As a ranger main, I don't really want any new pets because they really wouldn't fill any niche that isn't already done.  I'd rather the existing zoo be fixed/adjusted first, but the competitive crowd wouldn't like it.

I get where you're coming from, but...can I wish I could get a Raptor or a Minotaur pet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

As a ranger main, I don't really want any new pets because they really wouldn't fill any niche that isn't already done.

Each expansion has brought unique pets that did something that wasn't done before. No amount of fiddling with older pets is going to do that.

4 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I'd rather the existing zoo be fixed/adjusted first, but the competitive crowd wouldn't like it.

That's coming on the 28th.

I'm hoping we get one or two more throughout the year with the story updates.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, CETheLucid.3964 said:

I hope we get one of those beefy Pummel Spiders from Nayos. It looks like a proper tarantula. It could be the first melee spider. I hope we get that and one more personally. Land shark 🦈, pummel spider 🕷️, ??? 🤔

You know after getting a better look at the pummel spider, I've decided I wouldn't be very sad if we didn't get one. Not a fan of the human hands on each spider digit. I get it though. Pummel spider. With the hands that can make a fist. They'll pummel you. Heh. This is what being a crazy inter dimensional demon realm explorer is like I suppose. 🫠

Generally speaking, there are certain pets that do not fill a niches currently at this moment.

• Buff Pets
    • Quickness
    • Resolution
    • Resistance
    • Super-Speed
    • Stability
    • Alacrity
    • Damage Reduction
    • Damage Enhancer
    • Barrier Provider
    • Fire/Shocking/Magnetic/Dark/Light Aura providers (Snow Moa will provide an Frost Aura for players on November 28th)
  • Non-Condition CC
    • Slow Condition
  • Combo Fields
    • Dark
    • Water (healing seed doesn't count from current pig)
    • Light Field
  • Extra (Misc or Ect)
    • De-buff for Anti Mobility (as in denies Teleporting, Movement based abilities)
    • Ability to provide a teleport for player similar to Mesmer, scourges and Thief
    • Ability to reflect Missiles
    • Boon-Removing (unleash trait-ed does not count)

There's more that I am thinking I just post accidentally early

Generally speaking, they make pets have something we don't normally have already, whether its a certain damage type, Condition or even utility. With the recent expansion we got a CC shark that can consistently provide hybrid damage with its autos and consistent Torment from its F3.

So I wouldn't be surprised if we get a demon pet that has the ability to remove boons, spit out a Dark Field or provide a strong ability to dish out FEAR.

Edited by Oahkahmewolf.6210