Create Otherworldly Bonds when Revenants Brandish Scepters

Rubi Bayer.8493

Just now, arazoth.7290 said:

•SCEPTER•

I write here what I think could be done to make it smoother/fluent and in some parts better damage.

• Skill 1 auto attack:  

- Barrier is applied on each auto attack and not only last. Numbers are ofcourse spread evenly from current.

- 3rd chain auto attack hits 5 people

- Make auto attack animations 25% faster, cast time stays same. Only the animations make it little bit slow for a 0,5sec cast.

• Skill 2 Blossoming Aura:

- 10 energy => 5 energy cost, little much for a 2nd skill.

- Buff in pve/wvw/pvp baseline damage of pulsing and final damage. The increasing effects from auto attack are done fine, only baseline needs little higher.

- Final damage also should hit 5 enemies around applied target in same 360 radius (damage isn't spread). 

• Skill 3 Otherwordly Bond:

- 3 upkeep cost reduced to => 2 upkeep.

- Tether upkeep stacks gets generated in 2 ways. Each 1 second while tether is active, it generates 1 stack. Ontop of each 1 sec passively, you can make it generate it faster through auto attacks still. This would make it smoother to use and more reliant for otherwordly attraction to use!

- Otherwordly attraction if you pull the targeted enemy with it, it should damage them heavy on impact of pull while still applying vurnability stacks.

If the target gets damaged on impact, enemies get hit around it in a 360 radius. It is little underwhelming atm because this isn't there.

This is too call it fair to otherwordly attraction shared barrier and teleport skill on allies.

The most important change if I would choose to make its playstyle better + reliable.

===> Skill 3 tether <===

Give tether passive stack generation, 1 stack each second. Auto attacks can still enchance it faster.

• Tether 2nd consume skill: give it damage vs enemies. Versus allies you get big barrier and versus enemies only few vulnerability stacks if you look aside teleport/pull which are nice, the damaging side is underwhelming on consume.

• Confused 2

• 3 months later...

So Revs can create otherworldly bonds when we Brandish scepter?  Then maybe give us a Scepter worth being "brandished"  because the weapon sucked, and then you made it suck more, and then you nerfed it with the first balance patch since the weapon came out.

The weapon sucks on every level and has only gotten worse.  k thanks bye.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 3:07 PM, mikexg.7329 said:

So Revs can create otherworldly bonds when we Brandish scepter?  Then maybe give us a Scepter worth being "brandished"  because the weapon sucked, and then you made it suck more, and then you nerfed it with the first balance patch since the weapon came out.

The weapon sucks on every level and has only gotten worse.  k thanks bye.

Agreed, I'd like some news on upcoming changes to the scepter. It is anti-fun to use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...

Still waiting for scepter rework + coëfficiënt buffs on it to make not below trash.

Only reason scepter is used bc mace nerfs and that off hand shield carries it in pve instance, aside that it sucks everywhere else.

Now spears coming, new weapon and this "new" one is being left in this state after the release 👏

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't want to say but to compare. Rodeur in two weapons: mass first, got heal, immobilization (again), vigor, regeneration, protection, stun and that's just on the first 3 skills without taking into account the 2 unique buffs. Still on the masses stability, barriere, 2 alteration removal, stupor still with the unique buffs .
And for us, the scepter is a weak attack, a bit of barrier, a bit of power, and fury is a slow, short-range attack with no way of quickly putting up a barrier and no target. Even with the first 2 skills, I think it's still weak. And the 3rd, a strange mechanism on a single target when it's an enemy and 3 targets for allies. Skill 2 is also on an enemy target with little damage. So to compare with the thief sceptre. It attacks a single target but does a lot more damage with a faster attack and it can buff barriere without there being an enemy which allows it to do support and a range of 900 and that can be played in power or alteration, I won't talk about the guardian spear.

By the way, why can't an alteration revenant use the scepter, because there's no alteration like on the staff? 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I found this https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-weapon-proficiencies-beta-feedback-update/

Revenant

Scepter gives support revenants the sustain-focused main-hand weapon they have been waiting for. This weapon was well received, but there are some big ways in which its usability could be improved. The concept of charging the skills with your autoattack chain proved to be a mechanic that didn’t add much to the weapon’s gameplay. It was too easy in PvE, and it was too unrealistic in competitive modes. We’ve removed this mechanic and adjusted the skills accordingly.

Unlike warrior’s Line Breaker, we felt ally targeting could improve revenant’s Blossoming Aura skill. You’ll now be able to place it on an ally, sacrificing the damage for guaranteed support. Additionally, instead of gaining strength when you land your autoattack chain, it will build up strength over time. You’ll now be able to reactivate this skill to detonate it early, with the effect scaling based on how long it’s been cooking!

Otherworldly Bond has also had some big adjustments. We felt like the play pattern of an upkeep weapon skill did not pan out the way we liked, so the skill now has a fixed duration and a fixed energy cost. Like Blossoming Aura, its effects will now scale over its duration instead of being charged with the autoattack chain.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

we felt ally targeting could improve revenant’s Blossoming Aura skill.

Well they felt wrong, and still kept some weird LoS on this ability. 

12 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

Like Blossoming Aura, its effects will now scale over its duration instead of being charged with the autoattack chain.

Idk how I still feel about Scepter 3. It's great on paper, it does give me the old Grasping Shadow vibe from Sword 5 which was why I initially was hyped to try it but some things about it feels ultra clunk. I genuinely think this skill would be much better if it simply formed a link to the target and became a flip skill, or inflicted conditions/boons if left to bake.

That should have been the tradeoff: if you prematurely cast it, you lose the boons/conditions you would have inflicted. Also, just give it Chill instead of Slow. Revenant is the Chill class, not the Slow class. Never have been. 

Also: LoS! Remove it! There's a tether condition already! We don't need another additional one! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally tried the scepter for a month.

I wish Serene Slash did a little bit of healing so I can spam it while there's no target to hit for a little extra healing.

Targeting an ally with Otherworldly Bond is clunky, but it came handy several times during this WvW rush.
I would target an ally, dive into a blob, then teleport back to safety.
It's mostly an issue with GW2 being designed to not have healers in the first place.
As a clutch, I use the personal target to help with it.

If anything, it's a bit of a missed opportunity to not have conditions on the scepter. I feel like support/healing and DoTs go well together.
As you wait for the condition to tick, you heal yourself. But with mace/axe, shortbow, and now spear, it might not work out.

Edited by Kulvar.1239
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

And we've got a stick that's starting to look a little sad. But especially the sceptre, frankly, it's no longer a missed opportunity, it's a total miss.

An overpowered weapon & elite specialization is not an argument for anything but a nerf of them.

Please, stay on topic with the scepter or go complain on the guardian or wvw sections.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

An overpowered weapon & elite specialization is not an argument for anything but a nerf of them.

Please, stay on topic with the scepter or go complain on the guardian or wvw sections.

I'm comparing the guard's weapon to our scepter - a comparison that stays on topic. Knowing that it does damage and heal.

27 minutes ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

I'm comparing the guard's weapon to our scepter - a comparison that stays on topic. Knowing that it does damage and heal.

Every weapon does damage, even the utility/healing ones.
Taking an overperforming one is not making a case for revenant scepter, it's making a case for a nerf of the overperforming one.

If you want to compare the revenant scepter, compare it to guardian/ranger/engineer mh mace which are all 1h melee healing-intended weapons. It's more apt.

If you want to compare the revenant scepter, compare it to guardian/ranger/engineer mh mace which are all 1h melee healing-intended weapons. It's more apt.

Or thief’s scepter. That’s probably the closest comparison. Both barrier based support weapons. With thief scepter getting another look at and combining the allied and enemy targeting sides of the skill into a single action; there’s hope that in a year or two they’ll realize that rev scepter is in the same position. Granted they only changed one of the 3 problem skills on thief scepter for the 8th. I hope they pick up the pace.

• Like 2

Taking an overperforming one is not making a case for revenant scepter, it's making a case for a nerf of the overperforming one.

Revenant scepter is on mechanical level a kittening mess, that's the biggest point we're talking about what is wrong with it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

I never cried foul, I just compared the usefulness, so even if it's not the same class in this case we could take the spear guard or ranger's stick, and the revenant stick. As a reminder, our spear was also overperforming and was nerfed. Just as the scepter was poorly made and was nerfed.

48 minutes ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

Or thief’s scepter. That’s probably the closest comparison. Both barrier based support weapons. With thief scepter getting another look at and combining the allied and enemy targeting sides of the skill into a single action; there’s hope that in a year or two they’ll realize that rev scepter is in the same position. Granted they only changed one of the 3 problem skills on thief scepter for the 8th. I hope they pick up the pace.

As said in the message, yes, in relation to the thief scepter, if I had to choose, I'd choose the thief scepter weapon over the revenant scepter by 1000%. Thanks

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1