Create Otherworldly Bonds when Revenants Brandish Scepters

Rubi Bayer.8493

9 minutes ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Huh first melee scepter.

I can't say i was expecting/hoping for that. Then again, Rev didn't really have the off-hands to support a ranged 1h weapon anyway. 

The kit and playstyle itself do look quite interesting though. 

Edited by Wulfhearth.7962

I wasn't really looking forward to revenant's scepter, since for the most part I figured it would just be another orb-flinging generic scepter toolkit with maybe some interesting ally targets like with spectre

Needless to say, you guys blew me away with this one!!! 

I'm very excited to get my hands on this, it looks amazing, and I love seeing classes use a weapon differently from the norm, adding to their unique-ness!

I know "upkeep" is something concerning people, but I actually see this as less about upkeep and more of a mechanic rewarding people for being within melee and getting up in enemies faces - which, if you're stacking with the group as you should when doing melee dps, means its not something that will be too difficult to manage

If anything, im sure this will feel great in action camera, as it means getting up in the enemies face and clicking a bunch for a nice, bursty feel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Wulfhearth.7962 said:

I can't say i was expecting/hoping for that. Then again, Rev didn't really have the off-hands to support a ranged 1h weapon anyway. 

The kit and playstyle itself do look quite interesting though. 

I think the range might be around 360 or something, if you consider weapon length and effects

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

Upkeep coupled with relatively high energy costs is going to fantastic.

I think the idea is that it will reward you for utilizing the tethers to their maximum effectiveness, since the third skill in the auto-chain is a cleave

As such, when you pull targets to you with the "3" skill, you'll get an even more powerful burst from the "2" skill, and it will probably also see great synergy with things like the chains from jalis and such

For raids, when you're not fighting cleaves and instead mostly fighting defiant enemies, it'll reward you instead for stacking with the group for quickness, which as a melee dps you should honestly be doing anyways 

Either way, I dont really think the idea is an "upkeep", as what will probably end up happening is you'll end up using the dot on cooldown anyways whenever you swap, which will eliminate the tediousness of an upkeep 

Edit: oh, and it occurred to me that should clarify that I could be totally wrong, and it may just feel like a tedious upkeep, but that's not something we can really know until we test these out on the 28th and see what the CD is on the skills - thankfully, if this ends up being the case, they can hopefully adjust the CD to a point where it "feels good"

Edited by LichOverlord.6329
Addendum
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

At least they made effort in making the animation/effects distinctive. But I don't think I would use it outside the beta: a mele weapon with no mobility or defense outside barrier? I don't think it would have much use in WvW roaming, and for PvE I'm currently fine. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

So a few comments on what's been said so far. A sceptre weapon that ultimately resembles the thief sceptre in some way. Just in case. It gives barriere so it will probably imply 2 things either a vindicator nerf (again), or its useless since if you take herald you will be able to do almost everything. Might be hard to use in WvW.

So the next revenant changes for the 28th are not particularly compensating with the new weapon.

• Confused 4

I am very intrigued. I expected some level of support but I was also fully expecting it to be a condi weapon, not power/strike damage (at least that is my interpretation based on the text). Sounds like we will be getting another unique DoT effect like Guard Focus 4 and Ranger Warhorn 4? Pretty neat.

In WvW it makes me doubtful how useful it will be in large scale considering you have to be nearby the enemy target for skill 2 and strike enemies to maximize the values for both skill 2 and 3, but I could be wrong. And as long as Karakosa Relic doesn't get nerfed too hard, mace does wonderfully enough as a mainhand support choice in that context.

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908
  • Confused 2