Taking bets on engi shortbow

bambi.6214

I just hope its a condi weapon so pistols isnt the only condi option anymore.
It doesnt have to be super special for me. Just not as clunky as pistol is.

I hope for maybe a bit of vulnerability on that weapon too tbh to not make explosions spec mandatory to get any access vulnerability on the condi weapon.
And if its a condi weapon i hope for some burning so it doesnt have to stack up damage for 20 hours but can actually burst a bit.

Maybe even some self boons would be nice, like quickness or might since sword has quickness and hammer has might it would be nice to have that on a condi weapon too.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SeTect.5918 said:

I just hope its a condi weapon so pistols isnt the only condi option anymore.
It doesnt have to be super special for me. Just not as clunky as pistol is.

I hope for maybe a bit of vulnerability on that weapon too tbh to not make explosions spec mandatory to get any access vulnerability on the condi weapon.
And if its a condi weapon i hope for some burning so it doesnt have to stack up damage for 20 hours but can actually burst a bit.

Maybe even some self boons would be nice, like quickness or might since sword has quickness and hammer has might it would be nice to have that on a condi weapon too.

I’m ok with condi, but I really don’t want it to overshadow pistols.  We’re one of the few classes that dual pistols is actually good on and I love it.

my guess is that they just copy some thief/ranger/rev skills and call it a day.  Some combo field, a blast, and maybe a backwards leap.

I hope that they get weird with it and make it fun though.  Mesmer rifle gives me some hope there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's what I'm hoping for a solid hybrid weapon with some field & blast finisher action obviously.

Might be kind of fun to get access to another ice field or more accessible ethereal but understand why others wouldn't want that. Definitely down to be surprised, we don't get weapon swap so hope 1-5 are good.

Mostly hope it's not another lob projectile weapon you can out run with swiftness.

Edit: and hope it's that more lo-fi dynamite taped to an arrow vibe lol 

Edited by foxtrot.6902

I just want it to be smooth. Not clunky like the rifle and not random janky elemental attacks go as the dual pistol. Just a simple/smooth gameplay feel with a clear design concept in mind that they execute well. Btw I want to like dual pistols but the poison, bleed, fire, electric, sticky bullets GO! attacks are just so goofy imo.

13 hours ago, foxtrot.6902 said:

That's what I'm hoping for a solid hybrid weapon with some field & blast finisher action obviously.

Might be kind of fun to get access to another ice field or more accessible ethereal but understand why others wouldn't want that. Definitely down to be surprised, we don't get weapon swap so hope 1-5 are good.

Mostly hope it's not another lob projectile weapon you can out run with swiftness.

Edit: and hope it's that more lo-fi dynamite taped to an arrow vibe lol 

Yeah, engineer has had enough lobbing with either grenade kit or mortar superglued to the bar of pretty much every meta build.

13 hours ago, James.6435 said:

I had heard in another thread on this very forum that it will be a pseudo-bard weapon and we will be strumming it like a 1-string guitar

I suspect that thread was at least a little tongue-in-cheek.

1 hour ago, Groggyfrog.9754 said:

I just want it to be smooth. Not clunky like the rifle and not random janky elemental attacks go as the dual pistol. Just a simple/smooth gameplay feel with a clear design concept in mind that they execute well. Btw I want to like dual pistols but the poison, bleed, fire, electric, sticky bullets GO! attacks are just so goofy imo.

You might be out of luck - the intuitive theme that an engineer bow might be going for is trick arrows, which would have a similar theme to pistols: each skill is firing a different type of fancy arrow. The general theme of engineer ranged weapons is that where other professions achieve many of their skill effects through expressions of skill, engineers mostly do so by changing the ammunition they're firing. Even with rifle it's net, blunderbuss, and overcharging the powder.

This weapon looks like a chore to use…. I hope it sucks because it doesn’t look fun.  I mean I guess it could be good if one of the canisters applies burning and then you chain reaction all four arrows to also apply burning?  I don’t know.  We will have to see the other effects and the cooldown of these abilities but it seems like it’s just going to be choosing the arrow that best suits your role and then spamming all four arrows to apply that effect.  

• Confused 1

Its a boon support weapon… the two skills we know already are both pure support skills…  #2 is Barrier/Cripple… #4 is pulsing Vuln/Might…unless each arrow creates a combo field and detonating them is a blast finisher… damage will be very VERY low on this thing… the arrows all need to do something before detonating to be useful, also…

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Dubiously optimistic about it. I'm hoping it ends up being a build-up-to-burst support-y weapon, so skills give boons, and then the skill you use at the end of a combo decides whether the big burst is more support stuff, power damage, or condi damage.

Hopefully mace gets some love after though. It's basically been stolen and given to revs, and as a melee weapon it should have advantages over a ranged support weapon.

I'm pretty meh to it myself. As I've seen commented elsewhere, it basically seems to be necromancer staff with more support and more control over when the mark-analogues trigger. From a personal subjective viewpoint, it's yet another engineer weapon which feels like the skills have the same gameplay but different effects (grenades, mortar, bombs...)

I do recall seeing people requesting more 'prepare the ground' options for engineer, so hopefully this will make them happy. I don't see it revitalising how I play engineer, though.

• Like 1