Shield for warrs

Myror.7521

Is it just me or is this weapon for real pretty mutch useless mode rn. Like .... all its good for is beeing tanky but also the moment you using it your dmg is hard Bad (cause of 1 handed weapons for example Axe are still overnerfed from Febr 2020 Patch). Also all it does is 3 Seconds of Block and 2 Seconds CC. While other classes gaining 2 CC skills plus Blocks or healing while been fully invulnerable. Like holy cow this weapon seems realy Bad from warr compared to the exact weapon on other classes xd.

Also #bring damage Back in weapon CCs xd

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Shield is the victim of Anet's apparent philosophy that warrior shouldn't do flashy things without immense amounts of negatives.

Can we get flip over skills on Shield?

Shield Bash -> Shield Strike

Shield Strike: Uppercut your foe with your shield, 1.0/0.75 scaling (PvE/Comp). Gain Aegis for 3s and deal double damage against CC'd foes. Same CD as Shield Bash.

Shield Stance -> Gladiators Defense

Shield Stance: Now increases Gladiator's Defense by 1s per block up to 5s duration in addition to its previous effects.

Gladiator's Defense: Gain Gladiator's Defense, base duration 1s. You strike an additional time each interval, 1/4s / 1/2s (PvE/Comp), for 0.75/0.5 scaling (PvE/Comp). Not sure on the CD, but it would have to be longer than Shield Stance's CD certainly.
NOTE: This would be a buff on the buff bar and persist through weapon swap.

• Like 1

I still use shield and swear that the moment Anet removes their foot from my neck (by making the cd anything reasonable) I will use my freedom for evil.

The three second channeled block lets me ignore people that only memorized a specific button sequence and not how to stow or stagger damage delivery, which is 70 to 80% of what I fight. 

CD sucks, but I promise if it is set to 21-24 I'm going to upset people.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2023 at 7:52 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I still use shield and swear that the moment Anet removes their foot from my neck (by making the cd anything reasonable) I will use my freedom for evil.

The three second channeled block lets me ignore people that only memorized a specific button sequence and not how to stow or stagger damage delivery, which is 70 to 80% of what I fight. 

Pretty sure most people have not memorized kitten and are using macros. I call kitten on the one action one key ToS  thing Anet has since they don't police it (when looking at the more serious kitten passing without bans). Most gaming mice come with pre build macro software and basically all button functions are like a macro event on them .
Pretty sure this one of the big reasons people melt down when Spellbreaker becomes meta , since it kittens up their macro script.

• Confused 1

On 11/22/2023 at 6:52 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Pretty sure Cal has a big red poster over his desk with "Y NO WARR SHIELD CD!" and your avatar right below that 😆

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076