Just give us our event rewards please

Zera.9435

I imagine I'm not alone in this feeling, but it's annoying to have to click on the floating chests above the mini map to claim my event rewards. Why are we not just given the rewards immediately upon event completion? If the issue is to avoid overfilling player inventory, the floating chests can still be a thing for those situations. For players like me who don't have stacks upon stacks of various runes and sigils to change our build between every encounter and instead have plenty of inventory space, just give me my stuff. Having to stop after every event to open 3+ chests is a needless waste of time. I've got tens of thousands more essences to farm, and these chests really eat into that time. Just give us our stuff.

On the off-chance that there is an option in the UI I'm not finding that does this, please let me know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

They're making sure you understand you received a reward.

I can appreciate that, but surely there is a better way of handling that notification. Like, put the items in my inventory and then give a sort of visual one-click notification that lists everything you got from that particular event. I'm thinking they should do it like how it is when you open a BL chest. Items immediately go in your inventory regardless of the shiny animation, and you see everything you got.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

I can appreciate that, but surely there is a better way of handling that notification. Like, put the items in my inventory and then give a sort of visual one-click notification that lists everything you got from that particular event. I'm thinking they should do it like how it is when you open a BL chest. Items immediately go in your inventory regardless of the shiny animation, and you see everything you got.

You can already do a 1-click: Right-click on a bouncy chest to dump contents into inventory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Unfortunately, they've recently added some chests it doesn't work with. Amnytas meta, the meta that gives the most chests of them all, has chests you can't dismiss with a right-click. 😡

yes this is the "meta progression chest" and are very obnoxious because its usually 1000 exp and a blue pile of gear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can fast loot event chest with right click. Even if you have several of them it will take seconds. And if you have several of them you probably dont need to fast click that often. That would some really fast events.

I dont see this as a problem.

You could also acquire items which are not from chest, like loot, or harvesting, or story items.

The option to do a fractal serie without bothering with extra chest has some use, i can care less about items untill done with all fractals.

Yeah there are players with 10x32 or something. But 5x12 is also an option.

On 11/29/2023 at 7:57 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Except in the case of the 50 or so chests the Amnytas meta spams you with that all seem to have 2 pinches of arcane dust in them.  Why can't we right click those?  Don't know!

Hopefully they can make all those other chests right-clickable.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask the mods to go ahead and lockdown this thread. Someone was kind enough to make me aware of the right-click thing for the chests that basically does what I was hoping for. There is no further need for the thread, I got the help I needed. Thanks again.

On 11/30/2023 at 6:20 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

It's a marketing tactic.  Players get a dopamine hit when they have things to open.  It's to encourage players to continue playing.

There is no dopamine since you know the loot you'll be receiving.

Right clickable chests are kinda bearable, but remove persistent chests that require manual claiming it is very annoying and wastes time.

52 minutes ago, Neferpitouh.4356 said:

There is no dopamine since you know the loot you'll be receiving.

Right clickable chests are kinda bearable, but remove persistent chests that require manual claiming it is very annoying and wastes time.

Perhaps not for you.  Since this practice is fairly widespread among games, I'd wager that marketing statistics show them to be more effective than not.  /shrug