Amnytas Meta

Defias.1892

This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I've missed the meta because I had to queue up for the map that had it active. Is there a possibility to have it be like all the other metas and have the pre-event start on the hour, rather than having a bunch of people queue up for the very few maps with an actual meta on it?

• Confused 2

The problem is when you join a map that the meta is not starting on, like five minutes prior to it beginning.   You join a queue in LFG, unable to get on, but you can't start your own group on your current map (with all the other people waiting in queue as well), because hey no way to start the meta!  

I thoroughly agree one should be ready 10 -15 min ahead, but that doesn't always happen.  Why not have the meta available on all Amnytas maps so this doesn't happen.  You shouldn't have so many people waiting to get on a map who are very willing to start their own squad, but simply are unable to.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

The problem is when you join a map that the meta is not starting on, like five minutes prior to it beginning.   You join a queue in LFG, unable to get on, but you can't start your own group on your current map (with all the other people waiting in queue as well), because hey no way to start the meta!  

I thoroughly agree one should be ready 10 -15 min ahead, but that doesn't always happen.  Why not have the meta available on all Amnytas maps so this doesn't happen.  You shouldn't have so many people waiting to get on a map who are very willing to start their own squad, but simply are unable to.

You have lost me here. As far as I know, only newly created maps skip the meta - which I agree should be looked at, but that’s the same for other metas like in EoD where aetherblade wont start if it’s a fresh map instance after the start 

I’ve otherwise not seen a situation where you can’t activate the meta. Can you elaborate?

11 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

You have lost me here. As far as I know, only newly created maps skip the meta - which I agree should be looked at, but that’s the same for other metas like in EoD where aetherblade wont start if it’s a fresh map instance after the start 

I’ve otherwise not seen a situation where you can’t activate the meta. Can you elaborate?

You're correct..it's the newly formed maps.   And yes, it needs to be looked at.  Those should be the overflow maps...I didn't realize the EoD maps had the same issue, just always made it in time I guess.

I'm fine with the meta itself staring at :00, and not a pre event.  Just the main issue I'm seeing is those coming out of a convergence, for example, trying to make the meta, and unable to join a map that has it active.  

Instances created after the countdown (5 minutes? Not sure.) started don't get the meta, and due to many players arriving late, a lot of those instances are created. The only sulotion is to arrive on time. Every instance that does have the countdown is likely to have a succesful meta because those instances fill up through the LFG system.

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

You're correct..it's the newly formed maps.   And yes, it needs to be looked at.  Those should be the overflow maps...I didn't realize the EoD maps had the same issue, just always made it in time I guess.

I'm fine with the meta itself staring at :00, and not a pre event.  Just the main issue I'm seeing is those coming out of a convergence, for example, trying to make the meta, and unable to join a map that has it active.  

I only found out about it when I was on a map last week and Aetherblade didn’t activate. It’s one I’d never heard of or encountered before.

Until a solution to that is found, the easiest thing for the op is to get there a bit early. Then it won’t overflow into a map not activating

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 5:33 AM, Defias.1892 said:

This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I've missed the meta because I had to queue up for the map that had it active.

Joining the map on time like the people who are not sitting in queue with you is a good way to make sure that you will be there on the meta, if you're late, no spot for you, the same way with other metas.

It's also worth noting that, similar to Dragon's End, the "Meta" doesn't really start when the call is put out. If you want to get your full participation you need to be there when the new map is created and doing stuff. If you're waiting for the meta to properly "Start", as in, portals are created, groups are divided, and everything else, you've already missed both half of the participation and half of the meta chain. So, not to victim blame or anything, but it's kinda your fault. If you wanna get on the meta, wait for one to finish, and once the maps reset jump in and run the whole thing with everyone else there. First off, you're all but guaranteed to have a full map by the time Squidly rolls around. Secodly, your participation will go WAY up, so better loot. And you can be at the forefront of all the events leading the way with a group you're already working with and tuned into.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Good hunting.

• Confused 1