beta characters not able to use runes/ sigils from bank

Consider the fact that beta characters get deleted once the beta event ends.  I wouldn't want anything from my real bank on a temporary character.  That is why they can't use the trading post or mail attachments.  

We use beta characters to test combat, we find exploits and other bugs, then the beta character and everything it happened to obtain vanishes at the end of the beta event.  

Edited by Zebulous.2934

Just now, Zebulous.2934 said:

Consider the fact that beta characters get deleted once the beta event ends.  I wouldn't want anything from my real bank on a temporary character.  That is why they can't use the trading post or mail attachments.  

We use beta characters to test combat, we find exploits and other bugs, then the beta character and everything it happened to obtain vanishes at the end of the beta event.  

Nothing done on a beta character is applied to your account, including anything you put in or take out of your bank. Beta characters are just given a copy of your bank and all of its contents for you to use, which is why many people will put ascended gear in there for their beta characters to use.

15 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As far as I understand, the state of your bank is a copy of its state before/at the beta release, at this point your beta characters can't interact with your regular ones.

This is exactly how this works.

The moment the beta starts there is no more interaction possibility between the live account and the beta copy.

It also means that just as with similar past betas, preperations need to be done beforehand.

On 11/30/2023 at 10:20 AM, Sobx.1758 said:

As far as I understand, the state of your bank is a copy of its state before/at the beta release, at this point your beta characters can't interact with your regular ones.

ah thats lame wish i knew about that beforehand. i can't give these beta chars a real test without the right sigils and such

• Confused 2

On 12/1/2023 at 10:50 AM, Cyninja.2954 said:

It also means that just as with similar past betas, preperations need to be done beforehand.

It's worth mentioning that anything your beta characters do when they interact with your bank/storage or the TP is merely done on the beta account and has no impact on the actual account. Gold you earn or spend, things you acquire or sell -- all will be undone after the beta, and during the beta it only impacts the beta account's storage/bank/etc.

• Confused 3