Sound effect Michael Jackson "Heeeee heeee"

Shaban.7192

Lately i've been rarely hearing a sound effect that distinctly sounds very similar to Michael Jackson's famous "heeeeee heee". Does anyone know what this effect might be? And no it's not the Dreamer neighing sound effects. Might be a weapon stow effect or elite spec, I have no clue. Would love to be able to track down what it actually is i'm supposed to be hearing xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Are you using the Hyena pet on your Ranger?

According to the wiki, it makes sounds when idle.

Yes... Hyena sounds, not "Hee hee" sounds. 😄 If anything, it could be mistaken for a monkey, but certainly not for a human being (of sorts). 😉

48 minutes ago, leila.7962 said:

When  you figure it out, please post what it is!! I'm curious to know what it is and try it myself XD or post a video idk

I'd love to know, too!

2 hours ago, Shaban.7192 said:

Lately i've been rarely hearing a sound effect [...]

Have you checked what mini was active at the time? I would say it's the annoying jade-bot ghost mini, but that's more of a "Weee!" than anything else. Perhaps the jade-bot fairy mini? (Thought I am uncertain what sounds that one produces.)

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Have you checked what mini was active at the time? I would say it's the annoying jade-bot ghost mini, but that's more of a "Weee!" than anything else. Perhaps the jade-bot fairy mini? (Thought I am uncertain what sounds that one produces.)

I would start here, as well -- did you get a new mini? Is it only around other players? When I had first gotten the TT6-B Devourer I hadn't realized at first that it every now and then was as if its driver was playing music with the window down, in addition to some of its vehicle sounds when moving. The jade bot and/or jade bot mini is another good guess.

Last I had looked, there is no definitive list of miniature sounds, and while there is a page attempting to catalogue weapons with unique sounds (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_weapons_with_unique_sounds) it does not cover what those sounds are (regardless, I doubt these are the culprit).

On 12/4/2023 at 3:06 AM, Nash.2681 said:

Pretty sure it's the little playful ghost jade bot. It always reminds me of that very Jacko sound everytime it pops up. Everytime I do the KO strike and someone has it equiped you get that weeee heee when using that Zip Line.

Yooooooo! I think its the first zip line sound effect in this Playful Ghost Jade Bot showcase!! Happens at exactly 1:00!!

H

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1