I discovered this video about GW2 and WoW

Splat.7981

Hello everyone.

I am a new player to GW2 and yes I am enjoying my time in Tyria, I'm taking my time to explore the zones i go through, the cities and so on.
Since I'm new to the GW2 community i don't know any worthy content creators worth watching, i watch a few pvp videos here and there but I'm still discovering.

Last night i was browsing Youtube for GW2 content and i discovered this video from Moopliss, now he didn't hate on GW2 or nothing like that, for those that want to watch this video, or maybe many of you already watched it, what worried me the most was when he felt that End of Dragons was a lackluster expansion, that Arenanet dropped the ball there, mentioned that it takes  long time between patches for an update that took him roughly 2 and a half hours to complete, he mentions the layoffs, lack of marketing from Arenanet, players being left in the dark about the content that is coming in the future.

One thing that also is, somewhat, worrisome is that apparently Arenanet has chosen the path for mini expansions because they are working on a new game built in Unreal Engine. 
Now I am a new player so all looks like wonderland for me as i am discovering this for the first time, but how does GW2 appeal to veteran players to keep interesting in the game?
On a personal gamer choice i prefer games that get me interested, hooked and not wanting to log out for a certain amount of time, play something else until the new GW2 content comes along.

I look forward to reading your thoughts.
Have a great day 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Gw2 has one big advantage over most mmorpgs. All content stays relevant because the max lvl and gear does not increase.

You literary have years of relevant content ahead of you even if they stop development now (which they wont). And all is populated.

Eod was not a bad expansion. Some parts were really good. Its just that first 2 expansion were so good and inovative for the game that its almost impossible to live up to them. And Eod was just a decent content expansion.

As for the latest expansion. It has the same problem as Eod. Its just a content expansion.

Really I wouldnt worry. It will take you a looot of time and content before you might feel the content drought some that are playing for years are experiencing. And you can always take a pause and come back without losing ground on other players because of how the game is designed.

Edited by Cuks.8241
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Gw2 has one big advantage over most mmorpgs. All content stays relevant because the max lvl and gear does not increase.

You literary have years of relevant content ahead of you even if they stop development now (which they wont). And all is populated.

Eod was not a bad expansion. Some parts were really good. Its just that first 2 expansion were so good and inovative for the game that its almost impossible to live up to them. And Eod was just a decent content expansion.

As for the latest expansion. It has the same problem as Eod. Its just a content expansion.

Really I wouldnt worry. It will take you a looot of time and content before you might feel the content drought some that are playing for years are experiencing. And you can always take a pause and come back without losing ground on other players because of how the game is designed.

And yes for a long casual grind where you can drop it and come back its the best game there is, also combat is the best of most games. But there are a lot of players that like new zones and gears leveling. Its competing with yourself, and its not so much catch up as it is new stuff even if you do have to swap gear. For some people it gets old never having a progression like that, and thats fine for what wow is. GW2 is the best game to get comfy in, wow is the best game to keep you on your toes. 

• Like 1

I still love and enjoy the Core game. After 12 years, I can still create a new character and have fun.

LS1 is a mess because they couldn't include everything, so the current form is lackluster and makes no sense. Better than nothing though.

LS2 is god awful... I mean, WTH?!

HoT is unfortunately preceded by LS2, so it's hard to catch up but, on its own, it's a very good expansion. Love the maps!

LS3 is okayish... I guess. The big dumb Norn ruined it though.

PoF ain't bad but I really hate how they destroyed the lore by making Balthazar a whiny loser instead of using Menzies. Also, an expansion based on humans only was a mistake IMO.

LS4 is not bad but, for some reason, I'm not a big fan of it.

LS5 was when they decided to go full "woke" plus too much whining with the whole "Rytlock Light" storyline but overall, it's not bad.

EoD is even worse than LS2... Humans (again) smarter than the Asura yet for some reason keep losing limbs like if it was a national sport? Mommy "Duracell" Dragon?? Boring generic maps??? WHAT????

Post EoD... Well, we don't talk about post EoD...

SotO is still going but while not bad and with some good points in favor, was yet another misuse of GW lore while also being completely unoriginal.

• Like 1

LS5 was my most entertaining story experience. I really wanted to know how it continues.
Second to it comes PoF with the whole Vlast thing, everything after was ok, still nice to play and Joko was a good running gag.
EoD was amusing and sad, I liked it. Played through it several times. Makes me want an Asura only story, that must be hilarious, they've the best dialogues.

LS2 was worst, HoT was no fun. And everything else is, well playing it once was enough.
I like the personal story up to Orr, with Orr comes Traherne and the endless monologues (which continue through Hot, HoT was just so much blah blah blah followed by more blah and annoying foes).

But story was never Guild Wars strong points, not in GW1, not in GW2.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 1:52 PM, Cuks.8241 said:

EoD felt like a trial run for the new xpac format. I thought we were gonna get at least a 2nd year  of new maps, so disappointed we don't get to go to more areas in cantha. They should have released more maps!

Edited by Kelly.7019

"Really I wouldnt worry. It will take you a looot of time and content before you might feel the content drought some that are playing for years are experiencing. And you can always take a pause and come back without losing ground on other players because of how the game is designed."

if anet implemented a solo housing xpac that could offset the lack of content people might experience by opening a door to a massive vault of player created content that could be endless.

Well i said good bye to WoW during Pandaland, (i don't even remember the xpacs real name 😄) It was my first mmo & loved it until i left. I'd say really though that up until WotLK it was a great game. i liked cata but others h'8 on it. and panda was too much  too far from where it started for me. it became a massive grind game and my main guild blew up and the next guild i joined also fell apart cause the leader kicked everyone because he was going to play gw2 and didn't want to lose his leader position if he didn't log in regularly. So with the 2 disappointing guild failures in 1 year, a growing toxic community  becoming more of a solo played game and loss of interest in the game I went to see why that other guy wanted to go to guild wars since i didn't know of any other mmo's at the time. 😄 Wow was the first and longest at that time game i had played. I put about 6 years into it. but now sadly GW2 is the longest mmo i've played with over a decade of play time. wow.... so sad to think about. lol

I'm old now but i imagine some kids will spend their whole lives playing games. I remember a time when computers didn't even exist! Though we had consoles and arcades then so ya know whatever... 

To me "gaming" didn't count until the play station 1 era. 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019