Expulsion Core Elementalist

Sahne.6950

okey! Hear me out:  CORE ELE, might actually be somewhat playable right now.  Edit:Good

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGwAs2jlJwUYHsJGJOWLqLXA-D6IWGZWA9mC2eJAAA  (use Scrapper rune, if you are struggling)

Flameexpulsion is the star here.

The build uses the dmg modifiers and flameexpulsion provided by fire in an attempt to 100-0 the enemy.  Fire CD reduction lets you try the burst every few seconds, and then use the rest of your kit to simply disengage if it failed.

Glyph of elemental harmony+Durability relic lets you have 100% protection uptime, just make sure to heal in Earth. You have 2 stunbreaks and the ol reliable Smothering auras cleanse.  If you are using Focus, you also have invuln and good projectilehate uptime. When running Dagger, you have good mobility to escape unfavorable situations easily, and a more diverse burst. Ice Elemental will be able to heal you every 15 seconds, if you wait extra 5 seconds, you will procc a arcane shield EVERY 20 SECONDS. Which allows you to try the big burst relatively safe every few seconds.

If you are using focus, you swap fire, ->transmutefire for might, ->AA once or twice to get rid of blind or Aegisspam,-> activate another Fireaura->Dtooth (while either using Arcane shield / summon elemental or Glyph of elemental powers|completly optional, but it sure adds alot of oomph)-> run in and cast Transmutefire+phoenix, while swapping onto air and casting 2+3+Gale. 

The transmute fire, will perfectly align with the Flameexpulsion, dealing something along the lines of 7-8k Damage.  If you activated Arcaneshield, this will, most likely, also explode dealing good damage.

Dtooth+phoenix+transmutefire+flameexpulsion = GG.     If it failed, you just superspeed away while throwing Shatterstone behind you or you pop a invuln.

Dagger also works great with this. You have more ways to burst and Air 4 instantly lets you get out, when the burst failed.... but you are lacking a invuln and 2 projectilehates. Choice is yours.  i use both, it depends on the matchup.

Works surprisingly well.  

No saying this is the new FotM.  But i am having a blast with this right now.

Edited by Sahne.6950
typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

need like 200 more people this crazy in queues. 

Ngl... you need to play this airtight.  But once you got the hang of it... the AoE burst becomes straight up unfair x)

Inb4 someone wants to nerf this.

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Meanwhile, me in EU Queue:

Ngl... you need to play this airtight. But once you got the hang of it... the AoE burst becomes straight up unfair x)

Inb4 someone wants to nerf this.

Why arcane blast and not arcane wave?

With wave you can blast your fire field for more might stacks (or any other field of your teammates) and have an AoE blind, chill or immob as cherry on top. Well, 1 sec immob is kinda meh, but the blind and chill is very strong.

@Nimrod.9240

Arcanewave is roughly the same thing ...just with more CD basically. The blastfinisher isnt really worth the 33% higher cooldown.  Afterall you mainly take it to procc the arcanetrait ferocity and you cant maintain 100% uptime with arcane wave... 

But go with whatever you like ^_^

1 sec immob is King cuz of the following reasons: 

1)Dtooth -> use the root just before it lands to prevent him dodging. This Catches people sooo much.   Same to ensure the phoenix. 

2)Kiting. Firing it backwards to root is the diffrence between dying to a beyblade willbender, or not.

3)Catching up with people. Pretty selfexplanatory. Its by far your longest range skill and perfect to hold people in place juuuust enough to get into 900 range.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i was playing this when scepter first came out after rework, since scepter had dmg I could run 3 stunbreaks and evasive arcana. Core ele didnt deserve all those nerfs, they should've nerfed those things for elite specs only.

i mean you arent exactly wrong... but then again...  this is REALLY strong right now.  not even joking 1 bit.

Durability relic, the reworked final shielding, and everyone and their mom running either some kind of burst build or a condibunker REALLY REALLY helped this core build.   

10 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I mentioned this about a month ago and got laughed off the forum - FA + Flame expolsion. Just let me have this moment?

If you want to suggest people things, you really need to pay attention how you phrase it.  You can suggest veeery nice things. 

But if you say at the end:   "The burst will kill everyone"    You will harvest confused. 

I remember when you talked about this! That was like 9 months ago or something...  and this is exactly what happened.

but yes.  you said that its good 9 months ago.  (altho you were talking about fire/air/cata.)

Edited by Sahne.6950

• Sahne.6950 changed the title to Expulsion Core Elementalist

This build has actually been around for a while.

But no one uses it since FA Weaver can do it all from range and arguably hit harder in some circumstances.

It's one of my favorite go-to Core Ele builds.

I personally go Zerker/Exuberance with Firework, but Durability is pretty good!

52 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

This build has actually been around for a while.

i know. Ive been trying to make it work in WvW a few years ago, but it never felt quite strong... unlike now.

Durability and the reworked arcane shield trait give this much enough staying power to get the burst off and thats all thats has been missing kind of.

Your setup is also really nice! If you played this before you DEFO gotta give it a shot with this setup! Durability works wonders on this. Just make sure to heal in Earth.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i know. Ive been trying to make it work in WvW a few years ago, but it never felt quite strong... unlike now.

Durability and the reworked arcane shield trait give this much enough staying power to get the burst off and thats all thats has been missing kind of.

Your setup is also really nice! If you played this before you DEFO gotta give it a shot with this setup! Durability works wonders on this. Just make sure to heal in Earth.

Heheh, when Elemental Surge was reducing CDs, that shield was on a 16s CD. You basically had even more up time if you used Earth Elemental for the prot and bubble.

I might give it a try today if I'm feeling a little elementalist-y. :3c

11 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

If you want to suggest people things, you really need to pay attention how you phrase it.  You can suggest veeery nice things. 

But if you say at the end:   "The burst will kill everyone"    You will harvest confused. 

I remember when you talked about this! That was like 9 months ago or something...  and this is exactly what happened.

but yes.  you said that its good 9 months ago.  (altho you were talking about fire/air/cata.)

That was a complete glass cannon setup, and it did kill anything, but also everything could kill you in 1 shot, so it was an absolute case of who ever misses a dodge dies. At the time there were not the amount of specs in use that could spam invulns/blocks while still being able to attack back... completely negating any actual skill in dodging.

Last month I was on about a double arcane shield setup, with air/fire/arcane(bountiful power), suggesting that it has the most spike burst in under 5 seconds of any ele setup, pheonix>dragon>ring>firegrab into FA>expolsion, while having decent get in and get out ability with superspeed/flash and ride. Decent as in balanced, acrane shield gets shreded fast, so 0 room for mistakes, as it should be with any high dmg spec (cough cough SB). The core ele spec is good, but atm there are too many specs that are low skill bar and better front loaded/face tank kings.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 1:53 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

@Nimrod.9240

Arcanewave is roughly the same thing ...just with more CD basically. The blastfinisher isnt really worth the 33% higher cooldown.  Afterall you mainly take it to procc the arcanetrait ferocity and you cant maintain 100% uptime with arcane wave... 

But go with whatever you like ^_^

1 sec immob is King cuz of the following reasons: 

1)Dtooth -> use the root just before it lands to prevent him dodging. This Catches people sooo much.   Same to ensure the phoenix. 

2)Kiting. Firing it backwards to root is the diffrence between dying to a beyblade willbender, or not.

3)Catching up with people. Pretty selfexplanatory. Its by far your longest range skill and perfect to hold people in place juuuust enough to get into 900 range.

Got it, thanks for explaining.

I didnt thought about the CDs. Been using arcane wave for so long (core zerk staff in WvW) you sometimes forget what other actually skills do. 🙃

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

okey! Hear me out:  CORE ELE, might actually be somewhat playable right now.  Edit:Good

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGwAs2jlJwUYHsJGJOWLqLXA-D6IWGZWA9mC2eJAAA  (use Scrapper rune, if you are struggling)

Flameexpulsion is the star here.

The build uses the dmg modifiers and flameexpulsion provided by fire in an attempt to 100-0 the enemy.  Fire CD reduction lets you try the burst every few seconds, and then use the rest of your kit to simply disengage if it failed.

Glyph of elemental harmony+Durability relic lets you have 100% protection uptime, just make sure to heal in Earth. You have 2 stunbreaks and the ol reliable Smothering auras cleanse.  If you are using Focus, you also have invuln and good projectilehate uptime. When running Dagger, you have good mobility to escape unfavorable situations easily, and a more diverse burst. Ice Elemental will be able to heal you every 15 seconds, if you wait extra 5 seconds, you will procc a arcane shield EVERY 20 SECONDS. Which allows you to try the big burst relatively safe every few seconds.

If you are using focus, you swap fire, ->transmutefire for might, ->AA once or twice to get rid of blind or Aegisspam,-> activate another Fireaura->Dtooth (while either using Arcane shield / summon elemental or Glyph of elemental powers|completly optional, but it sure adds alot of oomph)-> run in and cast Transmutefire+phoenix, while swapping onto air and casting 2+3+Gale. 

The transmute fire, will perfectly align with the Flameexpulsion, dealing something along the lines of 7-8k Damage.  If you activated Arcaneshield, this will, most likely, also explode dealing good damage.

Dtooth+phoenix+transmutefire+flameexpulsion = GG.     If it failed, you just superspeed away while throwing Shatterstone behind you or you pop a invuln.

Dagger also works great with this. You have more ways to burst and Air 4 instantly lets you get out, when the burst failed.... but you are lacking a invuln and 2 projectilehates. Choice is yours.  i use both, it depends on the matchup.

Works surprisingly well.  

No saying this is the new FotM.  But i am having a blast with this right now.

"Fire CD reduction lets you try the burst every few seconds, and then use the rest of your kit to simply disengage if it failed."  

🤥but ele so weak, buff plzz

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, magickthief.6492 said:

"Fire CD reduction lets you try the burst every few seconds, and then use the rest of your kit to simply disengage if it failed."  

🤥but ele so weak, buff plzz

Someone: *enjoying core Elementalist* 😍💞🌺🌈

you: 😡 NOT ON MY WATCH! 😡

i wonder about two things.

1) who said anything about buffing it?

and

2) do you really really really think that this build is carrying anyone? 

I do no think you realize how tight you have to play this, in a world where you have some Gorilla Bladesworn hugging the sidenodes and the midfight is all about Some scourge pooping Aoe´s, while some specter is beaming you from the back, sending you straight to the Horny Jail, by simply pressing 3.

Go ahead and play it, and see for yourself. or GTFO with that Anti-Ele agenda.

like... it´s CORE ELEMENTALIST !  Give it a break bud. 

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Someone: *enjoying core Elementalist* 😍💞🌺🌈

you: 😡 NOT ON MY WATCH! 😡

i wonder about two things.

1) who said anything about buffing it?

and

2) do you really really really think that this build is carrying anyone? 

I do no think you realize how tight you have to play this, in a world where you have some Gorilla Bladesworn hugging the sidenodes and the midfight is all about Some scourge pooping Aoe´s, while some specter is beaming you from the back, sending you straight to the Horny Jail, by simply pressing 3.

Go ahead and play it, and see for yourself. or GTFO with that Anti-Ele agenda.

like... it´s CORE ELEMENTALIST !  Give it a break bud. 

*quietly*

ᴺᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵒⁿˢ ˡᵉᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶠᶦᵍᵘʳᵉ ᶦᵗ ᵒᵘᵗ

• Haha 1