A thought: baseball cap/dad hat skin with hair.

8 hours ago, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

This will probably get moved elsewhere but I've been enjoying my newest cap hat irl of late and it got me thinking: we only have one skin of this type and it removes all hair on characters. I'd like to see a version where we have hair. <_<

Have you tried shaving your head irl instead?

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Crazy thought, hear me out, this one is really crazy, How about some fantasy skins for this fantasy game? I know, crazy.

Idk, one of the fun things about magitech fantasy is that you can have people in high tech armour, steampunk, robes, buttcapes, trenchcoats, edgy metal plate, tight leather or even peasant clothing that resembles modern clothing.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Idk, one of the fun things about magitech fantasy is that you can have people in high tech armour, steampunk, robes, buttcapes, trenchcoats, edgy metal plate, tight leather or even peasant clothing that resembles modern clothing.

Idk, maybe I'm just fed up with all the meme kitten, all the plush, the cats, the maid outfits, the lazy t-shirts and all that. But hey that's just me. Sure, let's go full animu lollipops, police uniforms and rubber ducks...

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

On 12/16/2023 at 7:16 PM, Omega.6801 said:

Idk, maybe I'm just fed up with all the meme kitten, all the plush, the cats, the maid outfits, the lazy t-shirts and all that. But hey that's just me. Sure, let's go full animu lollipops, police uniforms and rubber ducks...

I stopped caring about seriousness in this game when GW2 turned into FFXIV halfway through EOD (we even have an outfit that lets you be a miqo'te now). I may as well get with the times.

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976
  • Confused 3

On 12/16/2023 at 12:16 PM, Omega.6801 said:

then buy more srs outfits them the meme folks buy meme outfits.  its basic math

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

then buy more srs outfits them the meme folks buy meme outfits.  its basic math

Ok, this is just just a meaningless discusion about aesthetics in a video game. Nothing of this really matters.
However "just buy your truth" doesn't sit right with me. Is it the way things go in the world? Sadly yes. If you have the means, you can just buy everything. You buy the news to sell the truths to put the politicians into power which can be bought to do what you want. But just because things are the way they are, doesn't mean that they have to be that way and much less that they are good they way they are. If a company decides to not compromise on their aesthetic consistency, there is nothing to buy that compromises it, no matter the math.
I know that we have passed that point years ago, don't worry. I just wish we hadn't and would wish for the future to not go any further into this direction.

• Confused 1

On 12/17/2023 at 8:12 AM, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

I stopped caring about seriousness in this game when GW2 turned into FFXIV halfway through EOD (we even have an outfit that lets you be a miqo'te now). I may as well get with the times.

EoD? Really?

You're not going back NEARLY far enough. Scarlet's War. Lion's Arch. Prior to Scarlets destruction of it it was a rich city built out of the decks and hulls of the boats that inhabited LA before the waters rose and swallowed up the old city. AFTER Scarlet's War, LA turned into....I don't know what you would even call it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

EoD? Really?

You're not going back NEARLY far enough. Scarlet's War. Lion's Arch. Prior to Scarlets destruction of it it was a rich city built out of the decks and hulls of the boats that inhabited LA before the waters rose and swallowed up the old city. AFTER Scarlet's War, LA turned into....I don't know what you would even call it now.

concrete theme park?

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

concrete theme park?

No. Well, yes, kinda. Actually I meant the architecture. The architecture in LA is very good, I won't lie and say it's not. The octopus bank, the stingray airship dock, the lobster naval dock, the jellyfish plaza, it's all very pretty. But it doesn't belong in Guild Wars. Compare LA to every other location in the game. The classical architecture in Divinities Reach, the industrial architecture in the Black Citadel. The timber and fur buildings in Hoelbrek, the living buildings in the Grove, the magitech in Rata Sum, all of it very purpose built, logically in line with what that race values.

Then we have LA, post Scarlets War, which looks like something ripped straight out of the Magic Kingdom in Disney World, yeah. It has no grounding in any race, any culture, it doesn't represent anything. It's garish in its colors, yet bland in it's materials (as you pointed out). It looks so out of place in the rest of the game, and it happened a LONG time ago way before we had maid uniforms or cat bois or any of the other things people in this thread are complaining about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

It has no grounding in any race, any culture, it doesn't represent anything.

Just like a bunch of ships piled on top of each other, in fact. LA was never really part of Kryta, it was always an "international" port-hub city. There really wasn't any of that sort of unifying aesthetic anyway, except maybe "shipwrecked pirate."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Just like a bunch of ships piled on top of each other, in fact. LA was never really part of Kryta, it was always an "international" port-hub city. There really wasn't any of that sort of unifying aesthetic anyway, except maybe "shipwrecked pirate."

LA is in Kryta, it was basically the heart of Kryta, but neverminding that. Old LA represented history, and the new LA...is just an eyesore. Irrelevant I suppose though, since nothing will ever change it now, and unfortunately if/when we get a GW3, I'm afraid it will probably be the design of the future.

• Like 1