Upgrade/Buff Jackal Mount

The Jackal really isn't as fast as the raptor, and other than portals (which are only used in a small number of places) its not really a useful mount. Sure u can say that it turns sharper or it has more evades or whatever, but its just nowhere near as useful/fast as the raptor and I notice nobody uses it (including me).  Anet should buff it in some way and have it do something else more unique or add more skills to it.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Sure u can say that it turns sharper or it has more evades or whatever

So you know it has it's uses, good.

Since there's nothing really to address here because you don't seem to even know what kind of buff you could want (just "buff it in some way"), I can only respond in a similar broad manner: stop buffing everything, mounts are already strong enough.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So you know it has it's uses, good.

Since there's nothing really to address here because you don't seem to even know what kind of buff you could want (just "buff it in some way"), I can only respond in a similar broad manner: stop buffing everything, mounts are already strong enough.

nobody uses it for "evades" or quicker turning, its not really useful to do that even though it excels at those things. Seems like you dont play the game much or know that thats not very useful ingame even though it can do it, which is why it needs a buff/new skills/more skills.

• Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I see people use it, so it's safe to say you're making all of these assumptions based solely on what YOU are personally doing and thinking about it.

No not true its an observation after playing the game for many thousands of hours, why do you assume that?  Sounds like your just maliciously going after me in a vaccum.

Just because people "use" it doesnt mean its good or that it doesnt need a buff lol.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

No not true its an observation after playing the game for many thousands of hours, why do you assume that?  Sounds like your just maliciously going after me in a vaccum.

Your subjective obstervation which states "nobody is using it" is incorrect, considering I know for a fact people who use it. You also have no data about it, while anet does. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Your subjective obstervation which states "nobody is using it" is incorrect, considering I know for a fact people who use it. You also have no data about it, while anet does. 

ok i guess ur going to knitpick and fine comb my language to prove your point instead of getting the jist of it.  OK, almost nobody uses it.  There, you still have no point.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

ok i guess ur going to knitpick and fine comb my language to prove your point instead of getting the jist of it.  OK, almost nobody uses it.  There, you still have no point.

Nothing I said was nitpicking anything. Stop running from what you're quoting.

It has uses and people are using it, you're wrong. That's the point.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

You're wrong, raptor is the weak one, it's only faster in situation where you could reliably use rollerbettle.

The only nice thing raptor got is the pull on engage.

The jackal can :

- Do sharper turn

- Dash without touching the ground

- Negate fall damage with dash

- Use Sand portal

- Got crazy synergies with both bond of vigor and bond of faith

- Is faster than raptor in every terrain except flat long distance

Edited by Shuzuru.3651
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

You're wrong, raptor is the weak one, it's only faster in situation where you could reliably use rollerbettle.

The only nice thing raptor got is the pull on engage.

The jackal can :

- Do sharper turn

- Dash without touching the ground

- Negate fall damage with dash

- Use Sand portal

- Got crazy synergies with both bond of vigor and bond of faith

- Is faster than raptor in every terrain except flat long distance

if you play the game ull see 90% of all players chose raptor over jackal to get around in all situations.  This is why i brought up the post.  You can defend it as is if you like though, but its not been my observation after playing 1000's of hours.

You're not wrong about what you said, jackal does all those things, but it doesnt matter, those things arent very important in game.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

if you play the game ull see 90% of all players chose raptor over jackal to get around in all situations.  This is why i brought up the post.  You can defend it as is if you like though, but its not been my observation after playing 1000's of hours.

Again, you're just making up any number you think will support your personal opinion. Even if "90% of all players chose raptor over jackal to get around", it's still aboslutely fine (because why wouldn't it be?). If you give the jackal substantial buffs to the point of those people actually caring about them enough to change their habit, they'll just start always using jackal over raptor. What then? Buff raptor because people use jackal over it
You clearly have trouble with outlining a problem with this in the first place, but even with that your proposed solution(??) which is literally nothing other than repeating "buff it in any way, not sure how, but buff!" isn't solving anything here, it's simply potentially perpetuating the very same ""problem"" you're mentioning in this thread.

Meanwhile jackal has uses and people are using it. Adding some portals here and there would probably be fine though, as Randulf mentioned.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

You're not wrong about what you said, jackal does all those things, but it doesnt matter, those things arent very important in game.

If you know that i'm right, then you should understand that your request is useless, the reason jackal is used less is completely irrelevant to what it does, so buffing it would change nothing.

I personally don't care that it's used less, if people want to use a mostly bad version of jackal, who am I to stop them? It doesn't affect me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

In addtion to what the 2 posters above said you also completly ignore that people with only base game + eod/soto only have raptor/bunny as single player ground mounts so ofcourse you will see more raptors.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Again, you're just making up any number you think will support your personal opinion. Even if "90% of all players chose raptor over jackal to get around", it's still aboslutely fine (because why wouldn't it be?). If you give the jackal substantial buffs to the point of those people actually caring about them enough to change their habit, they'll just start always using jackal over raptor. What then? Buff raptor because people use jackal over it
You clearly have trouble with outlining a problem with this in the first place, but even with that your proposed solution(??) which is literally nothing other than repeating "buff it in any way, not sure how, but buff!" isn't solving anything here, it's simply potentially perpetuating the very same ""problem"" you're mentioning in this thread.

Meanwhile jackal has uses and people are using it. Adding some portals here and there would probably be fine though, as Randulf mentioned.

adding portals is enough says who? youre just making assumptions

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

If you know that i'm right, then you should understand that your request is useless, the reason jackal is used less is completely irrelevant to what it does, so buffing it would change nothing.

I personally don't care that it's used less, if people want to use a mostly bad version of jackal, who am I to stop them? It doesn't affect me.

THe point of the thread is that if it is used less, WHICH IT IS.  that it should be buffed so that more people will use it.  Saying things like it doesnt affect me is so trollish lol

• Confused 6
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

adding portals is enough says who?

At least Randulf and me, how was that not clear?

Now feel free to response to everything else you intentionally skipped because you know it's correct. 🤷‍♂️

that it should be buffed so that more people will use it

No, it shouldn't, people are free to use whichever mount they want.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

At least Randulf and me, how was that not clear?

Now feel free to response to everything else you intentionally skipped because you know it's correct. 🤷‍♂️

my resposne suggested ANY form of a buff to jackal which is why i left it OPEN ENDED as to what the solution was.  I agree with randulf so you actually agree with me too.

• Confused 6

my resposne suggested ANYTHING which is why i left it OPEN ENDED as to what the solution was.  I agree with randolf so you actually agree with me too.

Meanwhile jackal has uses and people are using it.

I know "you suggested ANYTHING", was that somehow unclear from what I wrote above? All it means is that you're unable to outline any actual issue here and have no solution to it (even if a solution was needed, which it isn't).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

I think you have a problem with comprehension and nuance.  YOu cant understand simple points instead you deconstruct points in order to create an argument where there is none. 

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Meanwhile jackal has uses and people are using it.

I already said jackal has uses.  I acknowledged that but you dont read.  THe MAJORITY do not use it.  ID ESTIMATE AT LEAST 90% do not use it IN MOST SITUATIONS.  why is this so hard for you to understand?

• Confused 6

I think you have a problem with comprehension and nuance.  YOu cant understand simple points instead you deconstruct points in order to create an argument where there is none. 

Respond to the post you've quoted and then talk about "problems with comprehension and nuance", thank you. For the past few posts you skipped whatever anyone wrote and pivoted into bad personal remarks (including extremely relevant "post count"). It really does for you the opposite of what you're hoping for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

/s If a mount is getting a buff I think the warclaw should get a PvE mastery line that will give it better movement in OW.  Not because it is needed, but for the most important reason of all (or so it seems in these forums), I like it and want it to be better in OW PvE.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1