Weapons as children’s gifts, really?

Image.8630

Sorry to be sour , but omg how snowflake is that .... you literally give them pop guns , wood swords ... we are sssssoooooooooo evil.... ginving them old socks (who probably stinks) , shirts fulls of holes , and a skinny pant is better than a fun toy .... it's this kind of behavior who lead to the cancel culture , nooo the world is not full of pink poneys pooping rainbows who smell cherrys ....

42 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yes, comparing RL weapons that kill with virtual weapons (and toy weapons nonetheless) is so on point. Not.

It's called second degree joke , when someone say a lot of ppl died because they were mining in a sugar mine because they felt on powdery sugar and fall to their own grave,  you are the kind of person who cry because it's horrible or you chuckle and say to yourself  "pfff hahaha sugar mines ..."

Some ppl are so sensible it's almost hilarous , ready to be offended in 3 ..2...1 , go !

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Haven’t you ever seen The Nutcracker?  They give the girls dolls and the boys toy guns as Christmas gifts.  If anything, they should let the girls have guns and the boys have dolls too. 

By the way, The Nutcracker first came out in 1954 and the main female role gets a nutcracker as a toy, which can come to life and fight giant rats with a sword. So…  idk things have always been a bit dangerous. 

Edited by Tom.8029
More stuff.

On 1/4/2024 at 5:46 AM, zeyeti.8347 said:

Sorry to be sour , but omg how snowflake is that .... you literally give them pop guns , wood swords ... we are sssssoooooooooo evil.... ginving them old socks (who probably stinks) , shirts fulls of holes , and a skinny pant is better than a fun toy .... it's this kind of behavior who lead to the cancel culture , nooo the world is not full of pink poneys pooping rainbows who smell cherrys ....

It's called second degree joke , when someone say a lot of ppl died because they were mining in a sugar mine because they felt on powdery sugar and fall to their own grave,  you are the kind of person who cry because it's horrible or you chuckle and say to yourself  "pfff hahaha sugar mines ..."

Some ppl are so sensible it's almost hilarous , ready to be offended in 3 ..2...1 , go !

Actually, they’re called sugar mills. Sugarcane is a plant, so idk who mines that in the ground. Also, slave labor was used to work on those and many, many people died there as operating a sugar mill is very dangerous. So…  doesn’t sound very funny to me. 

If you’re talking about some magical land where sugar is a rock and it’s being mined, sure, okay, I guess. But I think it’s important to be cognizant of how things relate to real life. After all, fictional things are thought up by real people who live in our very real world and are influenced by it and convey that in their creations. 

Edited by Tom.8029
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, Tom.8029 said:

Actually, they’re called sugar mills. Sugarcane is a plant, so idk who mines that in the ground. Also, slave labor was used to work on those and many, many people died there as operating a sugar mill is very dangerous. So…  doesn’t sound very funny to me. 

If you’re talking about some magical land where sugar is a rock and it’s being mined, sure, okay, I guess. But I think it’s important to be cognizant of how things relate to real life. After all, fictional things are thought up by real people who live in our very real world and are influenced by it and convey that in their creations. 

It was supposed to be a joke , sugar mines don't exist , i mean c'mon people died because after mining solid sugar they fall on powdery one and get untombed alive , to think such a thing happended you must have a 2,5 yo brain  ... Ofc i am talking about some magical... no forget it , i am talking about something who doesn't exist at all ...

I am pretty sure anet is plotting you nutcracker thing for the next expac , we will fight giant toys who we previously gave to the orphans , woohooo plot twist ! sarcasm off (have to mention sarcasm as some ppl here don't have the equipment to spot it ... not you ofc)

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Haha 3

On 12/29/2023 at 6:43 PM, firedragon.8953 said:

I'm pretty sure in the dangerous world of Tyria, weapons ARE a good thing.
If little orphan Jane spent more time with the toy sling shot, maybe the centaurs wouldn't have killed her parents.
Just sayin'....

Yep, yep. Even when we come and kill the centaurs, they come back like 3 minutes later. We can't be here all the time and the lionguard over there is just kissing the floor 50% of the time. Not everyone has the luxury to live in a city free from invasion!

And how else are they going to get gold without a weapon? Look at our own characters. They can't do much without a weapon either!

Edited by ArchonWing.9480